Mega Thread >>COVID-19 DISCUSSION THREAD<<

Remove this Banner Ad

If you’ve had COVID and not been vaccinated do you then need the vaccine? Natural immunity has kicked in so that vaccination is irrelevant. If that’s the case then it may explain the Djokovic call.

Hi
If you’ve had COVID and not been vaccinated do you then need the vaccine? Natural immunity has kicked in so that vaccination is irrelevant. If that’s the case then it may explain the Djokovic call.

You get most protection from 3 doses followed then by having had the virus and then lastly two doses. Djokovic had his virus like 18 mths ago. It needs to be in last 6 mths. Don't therefore know how he gets an exemption. Suspect

RATs will be free, you can get them from pharmacies. 10 tests over 3 months. Surely people will need more than 10 tests, a doctor on the radio said that 1 RAT is insufficient and you need to do multiple tests over numerous days to get an appropriate result regarding covid positive/negative.

Andrews just had to draw a line and say no exemptions after what he put Victorians through (not without good reason, I might add, as we are now seeing what happens when you allow this virus to spread - it is only our high vax rates that are allowing things to stay open). I shudder to think what kind of reception Djokovic will get at Melbourne Park this year.

I don t shudder to think. It will be deserved. He will catch the virus. my guess

Right now i think local sport will be off and i could cop 14 days of solid lockdown , but only that . Went past DFO Essendon on the way back , no one there and it's normally a big que of cars

Yea they should put a halt on local cricket until the end of the month. Allows majority of people to get their boosters and hopefully covid test results delay will reduce by that time. It sucks but there isn't a good reason to have it on right now.

Active cases in NSW 207667
Number of people ICU. 131

And truth be told 90% of those in ICU will be unvaccinated. That is the usual percentage. So there are about 13 people vaccinated who are In ICU out of 207667.

Don't really want to get something no worse than a cold still but the equation isn't anywhere near what it was. If you are responsible with your own health care then the risk is negligible.

Education IS the process by which fear IS dismantled so that it doesn't escalate beyond reason

An important point to add is that Delta will for the moment continue to have a sprinkling of cases as it dies out....probably 1-2% and it will be those that represent a continuing risk as it is Delta not Omnicron that results in pneumonia

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No disrespect to anyone but myself and more than half dozen mates have had it apparently via test and it’s just a common cold imo
Again no disrespect

A FACT can never be disrespectful because it's a statement of truth and anyone offended with truth needs to deal with their bias accordingly.

What I find as disrespectful is when someone (not you) intentionally denies truth/ fact to push agenda without evidentiary support.

Last edited:
No disrespect to anyone but myself and more than half dozen mates have had it apparently via test and it’s just a common cold imo
Again no disrespect

Bit reassuring tbh. You vaxxed?

Can see the season being f’ed up cause of it again.
Here we go again

I think we'll go the NBA route and you will be seeing a lot more depth and state level players but games wont change unless they literally cant field a team.

Again no disrespect
My in-laws all had it Xmas and all ok now. That included a brother in law who wasn’t vaccinated. He felt like death warmed up for two days but that was it. He said it was a bad a flu.

Everyone reacts differently and there are some in ICU so not all are lucky to get away with the mild reaction.

Ohhhh… poor Novak 🥲🥲🥲
What a ****ing shit show of misinformation, confusion and outright lies.

So far I have heard the following:
- Event exemption given, this is not exemption to enter the country.
- Fed gov't asking Vic gov't to effectively sponsor Djokovic's visa which they declined to do.
- Fed gov't denies asking Vic Gov't to sponsor but says border force never requested it, despite Vic gov't never mentioning it was border force.
- Independent panels doing the blind audit following ATAGI directions.
- ATAGI apparently sent guidelines to Aus Open stating having a recent infection (6 mths) was not a reason for exception in November.
- ATAGI letter dated 26th November clearly states recent infection is grounds for exemption.
- Morrison stating yesterday exemptions were a Vic gov't issue.
- Morrison taking credit today for knocking back the Visa because it's a federal responsibility.

I have such little confidence in a majority of our politicians at the moment to actually be honest with the public. I have no ****ing idea who is telling it how it is.

Oh and Djokovic can go **** himself regardless.

What a ******* sh*t show of misinformation, confusion and outright lies.

So far I have heard the following:
- Event exemption given, this is not exemption to enter the country.
- Fed gov't asking Vic gov't to effectively sponsor Djokovic's visa which they declined to do.
- Fed gov't denies asking Vic Gov't to sponsor but says border force never requested it, despite Vic gov't never mentioning it was border force.
- Independent panels doing the blind audit following ATAGI directions.
- ATAGI apparently sent guidelines to Aus Open stating having a recent infection (6 mths) was not a reason for exception in November.
- ATAGI letter dated 26th November clearly states recent infection is grounds for exemption.
- Morrison stating yesterday exemptions were a Vic gov't issue.
- Morrison taking credit today for knocking back the Visa because it's a federal responsibility.

I have such little confidence in a majority of our politicians at the moment to actually be honest with the public. I have no ******* idea who is telling it how it is.

Oh and Djokovic can go fu** himself regardless.

Morrison read the contents of a letter dated 26/11 which stated that a person must have had the virus in the last 6 months (he didn't) and be able to show there to be a legitimate medical reason not to be double vaccinated (he didn't) so he was denied. Pretty clear to me. What ever else has taken place is just BS mostly by Djokovic.

I've never known a player to ANNOUNCE he is on the plane and on his way to Australia. He tried to hoodwink Australia and was found out. The usual mandatory effect of having a visa denied and deported is that you are banned from seeking another visa for 3 years. On every entry card on every jurisdiction is a question asking whether you've ever been denied entry at a port which he will now be required to say yes. That information informs other border force worldwide whether to deny entry also.

The prize money for winning was probably $4M . What a fool that he has shot himself in the foot like this. I say this to Sam Frost and also Djokovic......... GET VACCINATED!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread >>COVID-19 DISCUSSION THREAD<<

Remove this Banner Ad

Back