Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go start another thread if you want to post this meaningless crap. This magnificent thread is slowly dying off, as it should. Don't desecrate its final pages with this garbage.
JB1975.

You're using your burner account sideswipe to post your Black_White stuff.

JB1975.

You're using your burner account sideswipe to post your Black_White stuff.

I've been nabbed.

My tentacles spread far.

The sentiment stands: this is not a Wordle thread. It's as if someone has taken the hologram image and voice of Bon Scott and made him start singing Savage Garden songs.

It just. Ain't. Right.

I'd be in favour of moving the Wordle posts here, and honouring what this thread once was by letting it die a quiet death.

I'd be in favour of moving the Wordle posts here, and honouring what this thread once was by letting it die a quiet death.
Go ahead. It would be fitting. This thread has a long history of controversially blocking and discouraging controversial offerings like that inflammatory contribution from Anzacday . Look at the way that the important information has been redacted - giving us all no idea of it's legitimacy

Last edited:
Going here for lunch this week - some classics but no Shepherd's' pie which was quite a highlight of this thread in the early days

Going here for lunch this week - some classics but no Shepherd's' pie which was quite a highlight of this thread in the early days

There was a certain poster, whose raison d'être was correcting these grammatical aberrations. Did you ever come across TKiL? Nasty piece of work.

There was a certain poster, whose raison d'être was correcting these grammatical aberrations. Did you ever come across TKiL? Nasty piece of work.
I'm still in touch with him -: he's a speech writer for Joe Biden.

He keeps an eye on BF and is always amused when commas and apostrophes make people jump.

The real issue there is that that particular incredibly important grammatical issue can only be decided by an outstanding culinary historian who discovers whether those pies are the work of one shepherd or a multitude of shepherds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The real issue there is that that particular incredibly important grammatical issue can only be decided by an outstanding culinary historian who discovers whether those pies are the work of one shepherd or a multitude of shepherds.
Incorrect. If it was a number of shepherds, the correct name would be a Sodom's Pie.

Ah no. Sodom is the collective noun for shepherds. Sodomy a little different. One letter can lead to some very different home delivery experiences.
If you haven't made up this collective noun, surely it must be a reference to lonely evenings when a young shepherd finds a welcome respite from his usual sheep centred method to reduce loneliness?

If you haven't made up this collective noun, surely it must be a reference to lonely evenings when a young shepherd finds a welcome respite from his usual sheep centred method to reduce loneliness?
You won't believe this but just had a LAMB kebab (very tasty) in an Afghan restaurant in SE Melbourne - reflecting on the clientele I would not be surprised if some were SHEPHERD'S' in a former life...... not that long ago either.

I didn't get far when I asked if they had ever considered adding SHEPHERD'S' pie to their menu

Last edited:
You won't believe this but just had a LAMB kebab (very tasty) in an Afghan restaurant in SE Melbourne - reflecting on the clientele I would not be surprised if some were SHEPHERD'S' in a former life...... not that long ago either.

I didn't get far when I asked if they had ever considered adding SHEPHERD'S' pie to their menu
Hmmmmm. Sounds like that group of shepherds weren't too familiar with the pies. Perhaps we are looking at one lone shepherd being responsible, settling this stressful bout of apostrophe confusion once and for all.

Hmmmmm. Sounds like that group of shepherds weren't too familiar with the pies. Perhaps we are looking at one lone shepherd being responsible, settling this stressful bout of apostrophe confusion once and for all.
Does this help?

Screenshot_20221026-102557~2.png

No help at all. Absolutely nothing about shepherds. A few dogs, but not even a sheep in sight.
It's tough being an apostrophe crusader - in fact the crusader's would have come across quite a few shepherds

It's tough being an apostrophe crusader - in fact the crusader's would have come across quite a few shepherds
We need to interview these crusaders to find out how many of the shepherds they met made potato topped pies out of their wandering pantries.

Personally, I don't think anything without pastry is really a pie, so I'm as concerned about that aspect as I am about the apostrophes. The whole thing is ****ed up.

And where did they get their ovens in this nomadic lifestyle. At best, I think we're looking at a shepherd's's potato topped stew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back