Covid thread, no other politics

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And how many lives have been saved because of them? Yes, it’s sh*t. We ALL hate them, but they have been a necessary evil. You only have to look at Austria (and other European countries) who are about to go back into lockdown to know this sh*t show isn’t over yet. And for those States like SA, TAS, QLD and WA who are about to open borders, it is really just beginning.
The issue we have here in SA is that we have had about 918 cases in total.

No community transmission in 3 months.

Yet the restrictions on capacity and mask wearing are in place.

It really is unnecessary here in SA right now.

Both do have consequences on people's attitudes to going out. Which affects a lot of business that are famy owned/sole operators.

When your salary is guaranteed and you can WFH (such as myself) it is easy to sit back and applaud these restrictions keeping us safe.

But when you head out to an event spare a thought for all those small businesses involved as part of the event hit hard, and their families. And even worse, those that didn't make it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

People who’s jobs and income that have gone largely unaffected through this period really need to shut the fu** up as they have no idea how the rest of us have been affected and still are.
Try going 8 months without income and the rest of the time at less than 50%.

This is a good point.

Western economies are set up so that the ones making political decisions for the masses are in well-paid jobs with permanent/steady income. A lot of people (not all but a lot) who support restrictions and/or mandates are also in stable employment or comfortable retirees. It's an easier position to be in.

Like most political battles, opinion is divided along class lines, regardless of those who try to make it about values/ethics/race/education.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t even think I’ve seen one person in this thread say that. A few have said they support mandates in healthcare, but not beyond that.

Maybe the more relevant question is how many people would stand in the way of it.

I don't support a mandate.

I'm saying, if you polled South Australian's, I think a majority would say yes.

And how many lives have been saved because of them? Yes, it’s sh*t. We ALL hate them, but they have been a necessary evil. You only have to look at Austria (and other European countries) who are about to go back into lockdown to know this sh*t show isn’t over yet. And for those States like SA, TAS, QLD and WA who are about to open borders, it is really just beginning.
The problem with masks isnt the mandate to wear them.. they definately would work well. If they didnt work to stop the spread of airborne germs at all then why the **** would surgeons bother wearing them.

the problem with the masks is they arent being worn correctly.. they arent being used correctly.. and they arent being disposed of correctly.

our organisation distrubuted disposable masks to all of its employees in a sealed 10 pack which also included 10 zip lock bags for disposal and instructions on how to properly fit, wear and dispose of the masks.

Bugger all people even bothered to read the instructions and even less people wore them correctly!

Gotta love this, now we’re doing for the under 12s who are at near zero risk. Stevens goes on to say unless we hit 90%, nothing will change. Article starts by telling us of a sharp drop in vaccine rates, down 20% last month.

View attachment 1284365
One concern I have heard for those in 20s and 30s is fertility.

The research suggests it is safe. But there is a thought that these new vaccines have not been around long enough for real world data.

I understand that, and really a difficult one to argue against. Particularly when you are past that stage of life.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Hey kirky..good news today as an innocent man Kyle Rittenhaus defending himself vilified by the vile hard left media and politicians was found not guilty of all charges for self defence. Those trump supporters will be happy to be on the right side of things again..like they generally are

Yes i saw that and that is what a court of law with a jury is about. I wouldn’t be gloating as you are, it is very very poor form. Oh and the fact he killed two people, good to see where you ethics stand.

No need to worry though it ain’t over just yet for Kyle.

Faith has been doing that for a very long time...and cmon, was it you, southerntakeover or american crow operating the geo57 burner account from a little while back :moustache:

No I don’t beed an alias - been on this board for 20+ years. I don’t feel the need to be a coward and hide behind an alias.

Can someone explain to me why there are heaps of Trump flags at Australian anti-mandate rallies?

Because they literally are as dumb as dog shit.

Love that they have a freedom rally in Adelaide when we have had minimal restrictions for nearly 18 months. Seriously, laughable.

Given 90+% of the population has been vaccinated, the significant majority have well and truly spoken. If they ain’t happy then go to another country to live like Afghanistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back