Play Nice Cowardly assault at Melbourne vs Hawthorn match

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw this on the Sunday Footy Show. The vision shows a Melbourne support punching an allegedly mentally disabled Hawthorn supporter in the head. It's absolutely sickening. Should be banned from all AFL matches and the MCG for life, along with having the book thrown at him in court.

There needs to be a greater crack down on violent incidents at matches. Pissed idiots assaulting people based on the football team they support is completely unacceptable.

The Sunday Footy Show has just shown some crowd footage that made me feel physically ill of a Melbourne supporter belting the **** out of a Hawthorn supporter with a clear impairment. How the **** is this happening in 2019 to anyone let alone someone with a disability? The absolute fraud of a human being involved needs to be named, charged, locked up indefinitely, and banned from any spectator events for life.

Despicable.

Still too many tough guys at the footy.
Had a few sitting near me yesterday. The real classy blokes up out of their seats hurling abuse and threatening physical violence while their kids sit next to them.

I'm not surprised assaults like the above happen. If he's a member of the club, the MCC or the AFL he should find that cancelled permanently.

No need to let guys like that back in

Jeez, hope the disabled victim is alright. What prompted that?
I Don't think it matters, you've got someone with a disability being assaulted. Asking why is asking if there was a good reason.

Grabbing someone who clearly wasn't aggressive and punching them in the face isnt justified

Had a few sitting near me yesterday. The real classy blokes up out of their seats hurling abuse and threatening physical violence while their kids sit next to them.

I'm not surprised assaults like the above happen. If he's a member of the club, the MCC or the AFL he should find that cancelled permanently.

They're everywhere mate.

I know there's a massive emphasis on crowd numbers and atmosphere but I'd rather sit with 10,000 respectful patrons who are enjoying the game than sit with 60,000 knobheads. And we wonder why families are reluctant to take children to the footy. Enough is enough.

once the government actually gets tough with penalties for these dickheads it might stop.

Until then these w***ers are going to carry on knowing that they will get a slap on the wrist at best

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They're everywhere mate.

I know there's a massive emphasis on crowd numbers and atmosphere but I'd rather sit with 10,000 respectful patrons who are enjoying the game than sit with 60,000 knobheads. And we wonder why families are reluctant to take children to the footy. Enough is enough.

Makes me just feel like giving live matches a miss sometimes.

Lot of ferals,at Marvel last time i went.

Jeez, hope the disabled victim is alright. What prompted that?

Definitely needs to be banned rather than just removed membership.

Needs to be put in jail. Actions have consequences.

In saying that, i'd want to know if anything happened beforehand. It looks like it was virtually unprovoked on the video.

Surprisingly this hasn't made the online editions of the new papers yet.
Perhaps some journos are frightened of losing their AFL accreditation?Just saying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back