Play Nice Cowardly assault at Melbourne vs Hawthorn match

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the victim said he shouldn't have knocked the drink and that's as far as it should go. Physical assault on the other hand....

That’s good he took responsibility.

Did you see all the other inflammatory stuff the victim has done in the past? It’s not a once off, it’s a pattern.

It’s probably a pattern for the thug too and likely alcohol related. A good bloke doesn’t go around trying to punch people in the head. If he can’t handle his drink, he shouldn’t drink.

he did deserve what he got... you don't smash a guys beer out of his hand no matter what problems you've got
He might have got what he deserved but the intent was more and someone will any ability and it could have been very dangerous. 10 year ban from games/MCG IMO.

alcohol factor in 99.9% of fights at footy.

It's why I dont drink at footy in games involving my boys- too many emotions.

as others have said- AFL will never ban it- but I personally wouldnt have a problem if booze banned at footy- perhaps could only be served for a certain amount fo time- eg not during game time??
In the US at the NFL at 3QT that's it they cut everyone off.

he did deserve what he got... you don't smash a guys beer out of his hand no matter what problems you've got
what a load of crap

disabled guy with (likely) emotional regulation issues knocks drink out of hand boozed up knob. (would lay serious $$$ more went on prior to this)
boozed up knob responds like all 'manly' men and belts the disabled guy.

The stronger and by far more manly thing to do would be to walk away.

It's watered down pish after all.

what a guy

alcohol factor in 99.9% of fights at footy.

It's why I dont drink at footy in games involving my boys- too many emotions.

as others have said- AFL will never ban it- but I personally wouldnt have a problem if booze banned at footy- perhaps could only be served for a certain amount fo time- eg not during game time??
I don’t really drink at my own teams games. I don’t get why people do. I find myself not concentrating on the game a whole lot if I’ve had a fair bit to drink.

Did you see all the other inflammatory stuff the victim has done in the past? It’s not a once off, it’s a pattern.

It’s probably a pattern for the thug too and likely alcohol related. A good bloke doesn’t go around trying to punch people in the head. If he can’t handle his drink, he shouldn’t drink.

What the victim has purportedly done in the past has nothing to do with the situation.

I Don't think it matters, you've got someone with a disability being assaulted. Asking why is asking if there was a good reason.

Grabbing someone who clearly wasn't aggressive and punching them in the face isnt justified

I understand what you are saying, but would it make it ok to thump someone if they weren’t disabled?

The disability just makes it more cowardly, but any sort of violence is unacceptable.

Let’s not lose sight of that.

The guy clearly carries on as though he is untouchable at the footy but was called out. Melbourne bloke wasn't to know his mental state of mind.His parents/carers should make sure he is not a disruption to others going about their day at the football.

What stuff?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While the violent response is in no way justified and needs to be dealt with harshly, the victim knocked the perpetrator’s drink out of his hands to trigger it.

Drink knocking deserves a talking to and is poor behaviour, the punch deserves criminal action and AFL/Club sanctions.
Shows how poor your emotional control is that you can justify violence over a spilt drink

Just ban the grog and lifeban the dickheads with poor emotional restraint

Seriously anyone that thinks knocking a drink out of your hand is proper grounds to physically assault them doesn’t deserve to be out in public.

It’s called restraint

Beside the courts don’t take into account provocation, hopefully this dickhead cops goal time.
I've never thrown a punch in anger but if some fool came up and deliberately smacked a beer out of my hand with no provocation I would not hesitate to swing back

No he didn't. Losing a drink does not equal the right to punch someone in the face.
Even worse is your suggestion that there is no possible excuse for knocking a drink out of someone's hand while saying that it justified assault

I understand what you are saying, but would it make it ok to thump someone if they weren’t disabled?

The disability just makes it more cowardly, but any sort of violence is unacceptable.

Let’s not lose sight of that.
Yeah I didnt mean it was only the disability that made it wrong

I've never thrown a punch in anger but if some fool came up and deliberately smacked a beer out of my hand with no provocation I would not hesitate to swing back
But that's just it, you aren't swinging back because they didn't swing

No he didn't. Losing a drink does not equal the right to punch someone in the face.
Even worse is your suggestion that there is no possible excuse for knocking a drink out of someone's hand while saying that it justified assault

Yeah I didnt mean it was only the disability that made it wrong
But surely deliberately smashing a drink from a person's hand is a violent act.

The guy clearly carries on as though he is untouchable at the footy but was called out. Melbourne bloke wasn't to know his mental state of mind.His parents/carers should make sure he is not a disruption to others going about their day at the football.
That’s why we have security and seriously I seen dickheads acting like dickheads at games without the urge to punch them

If they are knocking drinks out of your hand or very verbally well over the top have a chat to the security about it.

People just need to grow up

Swing back? Why resort to violence over a spilt drink

Take a good look at yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back