Opinion Cox...

Remove this Banner Ad

Not really. He is not the ruckman he used to be. He doesnt link up as much anymore, his taps hit opponents more than they hit friendlies, and he spends most his time flailing. He is a shadow of his former self and going around one more time to carry him to the games record is a joke.

We're hardly carrying him. Cox at 60-70% is still better than 90% of the ruckmen in the AFL
Cox isnt running at 60% of his peak. He is a far cry from last years form and would be lucky to crack the top 15 for Ruckman this year.

I hate to see how bad he will be next year.

All our older guys hanging around will not end well at all. Think Detroit Pistons in the early/mid 2000's and their decline after winning the NBA title. I do not want to go down that same road.

Cox isnt running at 60% of his peak. He is a far cry from last years form and would be lucky to crack the top 15 for Ruckman this year.

I hate to see how bad he will be next year.

Name 15 ruckmen that have been better than him this year.

All our older guys hanging around will not end well at all. Think Detroit Pistons in the early/mid 2000's and their decline after winning the NBA title. I do not want to go down that same road.

They made the conference finals 4 seasons in a row after winning the title and won one of those conference finals. After losing the last one is when they started splitting up the team. Wallace had left after the third and then Billups was traded out after the 4th to the nuggets. Their decline was pretty slow if you ask me. Yes they are rooted now but realistically you really need to strike the jackpot in the draft or be a destination city for free agents. Your criticism here is a tad harsh.

It's more the point that he has been playing in the shadow of the high standards he sets himself. He must be carrying an injury because he has looked fat all year and very immobile.

Well he's basically had to take on most of the ruck duties this year, where as years when he's dominated, 2011-12, he's had NN to give him more of a rest. If he's also carrying an injury then he's just about the best ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

32 year old ruckman with back problems carrying the majority of the workload isn't having as good a season as previous years.

More news at 11. :rolleyes:

I am glad he re-signed. I think he has one more year in him. Doubt he will be the Cox of old but still capable of turning games in addition to providing another year of advice to NN, Lycett and Sinclair.

Or one of Lycett and Sinclair realise they will be getting very limited opportunities in 2014 and leave for another club.

Think its the wrong decision by Cox. He doesnt jump for centre bounce ruck contests at all now. Id rather develop Lycett.

Or one of Lycett and Sinclair realise they will be getting very limited opportunities in 2014 and leave for another club.

Think its the wrong decision by Cox. He doesnt jump for centre bounce ruck contests at all now. Id rather develop Lycett.

Neither will leave...Lycett has said he loves playing with Nic Nat and Cox and they have been building him to become a forward to go along with rucking so it is possible you will see all 3 play next year with Cox getting rests in between. I thought the same with Brown, Glass, Emac and Schoey playing and they have seemed to sort that situation out.

Sinclair is a rookie and he is just happy to be a on a list so i can not see him having a sook next year if he doesn't get a game.

If he plays every game next year, he'll get to 300 right? He's been so good for us for so long, he deserves to be the first Eagle there, even if we have to hide him in the pocket.

It will be a sad day for puns on this board when he goes next year, particularly if also delist Dick.

If he plays every game next year, he'll get to 300 right? He's been so good for us for so long, he deserves to be the first Eagle there, even if we have to hide him in the pocket.

It will be a sad day for puns on this board when he goes next year, particularly if also delist Dick.

If he plays the next 3 will reach 273

Round 4 he should beat Jakos record.

If he plays all 22 games next year should get to 295 and even if we play a few finals he will fall short.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Cox...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back