Coach Craig McRae

Remove this Banner Ad

Wright on Sanderson will likely be retained as an assistant, but they're discussing other roles.

Not as a assistant but exploring other options within the club

Wow, that didn’t take long …

… from GW saying a few hours ago that “We’re looking at other roles around the club for Sanderson” to an official press release now that he’s gone:

Nothing wrong with McRae having a bit o confidence in himself he has probably earned it judging by his resume.

The club now just lets him get on with it along with Wright and the others he chooses, we will soon tell whether the club is going in the right direction.

To our new coach, ml know it’s only a press conference, but was impressed with the way he talked and answered the questions.
The best bit to me was he put the onus on the playing group straight away.
Be like Pendles or your in trouble

Very impressed with what he has said so far. I can see him being a coach our players are willing to run through a brick wall for. And he clearly understands our deficiencies on field and must have sold the panel on his plan to fix them.

I was a bit disappointed that they didn't ask him more philosophical questions about his views on footy.

You're expecting philosophy from the football press ??... come on now, seriously

God Korda was awful, but the only reason he was there was because of the numpties that said he should have been at Bucks departure presser! The reality is he shouldn’t have been at either it should have been Licca as the board representative in both cases. There’s no pleasing everyone though…

Despite the terrible questioning I took a bit from that. Primarily we’re going to be harder to beat at the contest so to everyone that’s bemoaned Grundy’s hitout efficiency I think you’re about to get your wish. Flowing from there we’re likely to defend more with ground position than numbers ala Richmond. I think he’s going to be a standard you walk past is the standard you accept type of guy and he’ll use relationship building to drive that because those strong relationships will foster courageous conversations.

Beyond that it’s hard to predict what we’ll look like because he kept things close to his chest. Now to put the board challenge to bed…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, that didn’t take long …

… from GW saying a few hours ago that “We’re looking at other roles around the club for Sanderson” to an official press release now that he’s gone:

Gone as in his coaching role. New role to be discussed with Wright if any. Doubt he will get further employment

The follow-up to that McRae quote was good too:

Reporter “Are you confident that translates to good performance and kicking goals on Saturdays?”

McRae: “It’s worked OK so far”

I must admit that I had a smile on my face when McRae spoke about the hard times and being able to get back on his feet. He has no idea about the barrage that he's going to get from us in the coming years. I remember bucks in his early years even rented a friend in trevor hendy because we all hated him so much. I just hope that the fly is up for it...we are relentless and we cant be stopped and we always get our man. It's only a question of when he becomes dead meat, not if. good luck craig

Spot on. Do people really want to hear our president talikng all the time again?
It depends, if they are talking a lot then no, if they're not good at talking shit, they ain't good enough. Basically, whatever means "yay I get to complain" is the preferred option.

Welcome to the Pies Craig, hope it's a successful stay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Craig McRae

Remove this Banner Ad

Back