Coach Craig McRae

Remove this Banner Ad

Fly is least of your worries. Graham Wright dick rode Clarko to 3 flags. Got a huge rep. He has paid overs for every single trade at Hawthorn, the Wingar, JOM , Mitchell trades.completely ruined our list. He’s doing same at Collingwood. Gave up Ginni and got a worse version for a furture first. He’s the greatest fraud in Football. Bar None
You realise Wright took over list managing our disaster period with Grundy, Treloar, Beams and more salary cap disaster. He took over when we finished 2nd last in 2021. He got in Mitchell, Bobby Hill, McStay, Markov, Lipinski, Frampton.

Without those moves we don't win the 2023 premiership. You call that fraud? May as well call Clarko a fraud for riding on the coatails of a legendary list at Hawthorn.

We can pay them what we like.

No rules surely saying how much assistants can be paid just a salary cap to work within.

Pay the tax if we need to.
I think there is a limit on what assistants can be paid. There’s been some recent negative coverage of it, with clubs having very limited scope to pay them more. It’s why we gave Bolton and Leppa different roles and titles this year.

Would love to know why we can't go 1v1 for a stretch when things go south.
Or at least, you know it’s wet and the dangerous area is ball sliding out the back….just drop off a few metres and don’t allow them easy goal side access out the back.
They took 5 marks inside 50 all day and we took 12 or 13.
Just killed out the back running back to goal on repeat

Or at least, you know it’s wet and the dangerous area is ball sliding out the back….just drop off a few metres and don’t allow them easy goal side access out the back.

It reminds me of about 2017 when Bucks zone was broken and teams got out the back every game.

That's Collingwood in the wet ever since I can remember.

McRae in his presser “what are we doing here…”
That’s the question that’s squarely facing him at the moment.
He needs to start making some selection statements because I feel he has made life too hard for some of our younger players to get minutes and then you see a guy like Ned Long…
There’s no way Ned Long has walked into this best 23 off the mid season draft, then injured for a few weeks and straight into the first team.

I have bad memories of Rupert Wills all over again
I thought these days were behind us.

He needs to start making some selection statements because I feel he has made life too hard for some of our younger players to get minutes and then you see a guy like Ned Long…
There’s no way Ned Long has walked into this best 23 off the mid season draft, then injured for a few weeks and straight into the first team.

Long gets a game because the other mids all want it outside and aren't inside players.

At this point I'd roll the dice on Clayton Oliver.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have bad memories of Rupert Wills all over again
I thought these days were behind us.

I still have to watch the presser but Fly is a winner and winners do whatever it takes to win.

I think he has shown a lot of faith in this playing group and the middle tier and younger group have been so poor since the bye. They have really let him down.

I got smashed by my mates for this but the second biggest selection statement he could have made would have been at some point to drop Crisp and ends his game streak. That would have been a good wake up call to all imo.

I'm glad McRae mentioned the number of broken tackles today. We were embarrassingly weak in the contest.

I know the answer this question would get if asked of McRae but it really is the elephant in the room. What in the name of God is this very real issue we have with the Hawthorn Football Club? It is beyond a dismissive wave of the hand or eye roll. It has been going on for decades. If we manage to beat them it is almost always by a bee's willy but generally we cop a flogging regardless of where we are on the ladder.

Why does this club have this hold over us?

I'm glad McRae mentioned the number of broken tackles today. We were embarrassingly weak in the contest.

I know the answer this question would get if asked of McRae but it really is the elephant in the room. What in the name of God is this very real issue we have with the Hawthorn Football Club? It is beyond a dismissive wave of the hand or eye roll. It has been going on for decades. If we manage to beat them it is almost always by a bee's willy but generally we cop a flogging regardless of where we are on the ladder.

The year escapes me - it was when the Hawks were up and coming so prior to 2008. Within maybe the 5 year period prior.

Hawks were full of younger players and we had an opportunity to really crush some of them. We won easily that game (so should be hard to identify the game) but it was such a missed opportunity.

Players bellies are full from last year, we are experiencing a premiership hangover

It’s not doom and gloom, we will be back next year. Yes we don’t have the draft picks for next season, but we do have $$$ to spend, and $$$ is king.

I won’t tolerate any Magpie kicking the boots in, after the last 2 years of excitement that this group has given myself and my kids, bugger off if you can’t handle a bit of short term pain.

It's been happening since 1974. I struggle to understand it at times.

We won the flag in 1990, 2010 and 2023 and in all these years we lost to Hawthorn at least once.

Players bellies are full from last year, we are experiencing a premiership hangover

It’s not doom and gloom, we will be back next year. Yes we don’t have the draft picks for next season, but we do have $$$ to spend, and $$$ is king.

I won’t tolerate any Magpie kicking the boots in, after the last 2 years of excitement that this group has given myself and my kids, bugger off if you can’t handle a bit of short term pain.
Are John noble reef mcinnes and Joe Richards having a premiership hangover? Shocking excuse.

It's been happening since 1974. I struggle to understand it at times.

We won the flag in 1990, 2010 and 2023 and in all these years we lost to Hawthorn at least once.
There does appear to be a weird issue.
Either clarko out coaches buddy dominates etc to now Mitchell outcoaches or their younguns have a break out game.
To today they handle the wet and get on a roĺl

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Craig McRae

Remove this Banner Ad

Back