Coach Craig McRae

Remove this Banner Ad

A very low social EQ to not realise what's he's saying. not the sharpest tool in the shed. Longmire handled him with class
Longmire handled him with class?

By blatant whataboutism, providing more whinges about home games and dragging another coach into it?

Whatever floats your boat I guess

I'm not happy on how he's managed Daicos this year. I don't think he's playing him the right position.

Also how did not manage to coach and keep Ginnivan? Sounded like he abdicates responsibility away from himself and puts it too much on the players, similar too Voss and Beveridge.

I do wonder what Buckley could've done with Collingwood if he had Nick Daicos in his team.

Mcraes comments are easily the most damaging words spoken to the Vic bias thats existed since 'Operation Heartland' 17yrs ago.
And the AFL's response is a warning.

If that doesn't underline exactly how biased this league is to the Vic clubs then nothing ever will.

Not only is it an admission of match fixing but to then dismiss it in such a way is nothing short of flipping the bird at every non Vic club and their fans.
The cats out of the bag officially and they simply dont care.

Collingwood v Geelong
In Geelong 0
At MCG 45

Actually its (same period of time)
Shell Stadium (GMHBA) 1
MCG 34 (7 Finals)
Gabba 1
Telstra 5

Bout the same as you've played lots of others of the big 4 down there? Like I've said AFL bias??

Ps... I live on the surfcoast and wish the Pies played GMHBA every year so I didn't have to go to Melbourne.

Meh. Every coach, or really anyone operating under an extreme bias thinks this sort of stuff. It’s usually the premiership coaches that are high enough on their own supply to actually say it out loud.

Though I’m not sure if there’s another coach in the league that takes losing as poorly as McCrae. He completely changes colour. Literally he goes pink.

Let's be honest, 90% of the hate directed at Fly is because of the club he coaches.

Did he miss on his umpire remark? Absolutely but the bloke played for an interstate club and is from Adelaide, let's not act like he is some kind of Vic Bias super agent.

Also seeing people say he is "too nice" and it's all a facade, like you suddenly know a person based on a few press conferences lmao. Some real tools in this thread slinging shots from their high horses.

Let's be honest, 90% of the hate directed at Fly is because of the club he coaches.

Did he miss on his umpire remark? Absolutely but the bloke played for an interstate club and is from Adelaide, let's not act like he is some kind of Vic Bias super agent.

Also seeing people say he is "too nice" and it's all a facade, like you suddenly know a person based on a few press conferences lmao. Some real tools in this thread slinging shots from their high horses.
He’s a sanctimonious twat

How have the rest of you neutral observer teams fared with your draws against the Swans???
Oh no! You had to hop on a plane for one whole HOUR????

Roll out the red carpet! Give them priority picks! I could only imagine what it must be like having to face that burden twice a season!

Longmire is the biggest sook this game has ever seen. I despise Collingwood and generally don’t have much of an issue with Sydney but the want for a rivalry with them is completely embarrassing.
McRae understands the issues regarding interstate sides, I’m no McRae fan and sick of his stories. However another coach going after another is a shocking look, McRae if anything made it look like Collingwood get advantages, I’m not sure why he was attacked here.

Longmire whinges a lot, plays the victim extremely well. Last year he complained about not getting a proper bye when they played a Friday and had to play a Thursday which was a 13 day break,
His sooking is relentless and it’s not just him at Sydney. They do love a sook especially about Collingwood.

Whinge on John: (but the facts of the matter state)

Collingwood left VP in 1999 but even prior to that, their games against the Sydney Swans were lopsided in favour of the NSW team.

The Swans last played at VP in 1995, then followed 3 seasons of Sydney home games against the Pies at the SCG, they then played at the MCG in 1998 before another 3 seasons of single home games for the Swans against the Pies in Sydney. You'll note that during this time there were no "return fixtures" where the Swans flew south to take on the Pies. This set the precedent for the majority of the next twenty years....except when
The Magpies then had 3 seasons of “home fixtures” against Sydney though 2 of those were held at Telstra Dome

but from 2003:

Sydney has had 23 home fixtures against Collingwood whilst the Pies have had 11 (5 of which were at Telstra and one at the Gabba)

So all in all, since the MCG became Collingwood’s home ground they’ve played the Swans there a total of 7 times (one of which was a final, 2007) whilst the Swans have hosted the Pies 23 times (2 of which have been finals)

Whinge John whinge!

Head to Head Between Sydney and Collingwood - FinalSiren.com

AFL football statistics on AFL teams, games and players.
finalsiren.com

And since Horse took over in 2011 its even more LOPSIDED towards Sydney....

Since 2011 its 14 in Sydney and one neutral at the Gabba v 3 at the MCG (that's right 3 only in Melbourne)

https://finalsiren.com/PreviousGames.asp?PrevTeam1ID=15&PrevTeam2ID=21&Team1ID=15&Team2ID=3

How have the rest of you neutral observer teams fared with your draws against the Swans???

AFL bias??
I thought Collingwood were a better away team than home team?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Mcrae is being a bit harshly dealt with on this comment on the weekend about home ground free kicks, he pulled himself up on playing the blame game about a minute later and realized he got a little bit too heated and lost his head.

Longmire is the biggest sook this game has ever seen. I despise Collingwood and generally don’t have much of an issue with Sydney but the want for a rivalry with them is completely embarrassing.
McRae understands the issues regarding interstate sides, I’m no McRae fan and sick of his stories. However another coach going after another is a shocking look, McRae if anything made it look like Collingwood get advantages, I’m not sure why he was attacked here.

Longmire whinges a lot, plays the victim extremely well. Last year he complained about not getting a proper bye when they played a Friday and had to play a Thursday which was a 13 day break,
His sooking is relentless and it’s not just him at Sydney. They do love a sook especially about Collingwood.
Spot on. 12 of the past 14 Swan v Pies games have been played on his home ground and the bloke has the nerve to whinge about advantages! Swans have had sand in their undies re the Pies since Eddie rightfully called them out on the COLA rort. No bigger hypocrite in the game.

Longmire played it perfectly.

It was an opportunity to make a pointed statement and embarrass the AFL about their lopsided grand final deal and he didn't miss.

The AFL love to tall about equalisation and fairness and Longmire pointed out their duplicity perfectly.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Longmire played it perfectly.

It was an opportunity to make a pointed statement and embarrass the AFL about their lopsided grand final deal and he didn't miss.

The AFL love to tall about equalisation and fairness and Longmire pointed out their duplicity perfectly.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
so what about all the home games v Collingwood at Sydney. There was a six year gap between Melb games. 12-2 in last 14.Of course he'd be all for that. Does he want a flag gift wrapped. Maybe if he came down here more often he wouldnt soil the bed in the GF?

so what about all the home games v Collingwood at Sydney. There was a six year gap between Melb games. 12-2 in last 14.Of course he'd be all for that. Does he want a flag gift wrapped. Maybe if (non-Vic clubs) came down here more often he wouldnt soil the bed in the GF?

That’s the exact point you seem to have missed 🙄

so what about all the home games v Collingwood at Sydney. There was a six year gap between Melb games. 12-2 in last 14.Of course he'd be all for that. Does he want a flag gift wrapped. Maybe if he came down here more often he wouldnt soil the bed in the GF?
Just on this , Brisbane and Hawthorn have a weird lopsided history on where they play
Their match up has only been played in Brisbane 3 times since 2009. It's bizarre how these things happen with the draw

Why is he never in the coaches box? Seems a little strange to spend the entirety of every game from the bench. Not on the cans listening to the assistant coaches.
Especially in the game against the Swans when you're up by 27 and the tide is turning. No point slapping players on the back then. Get upstairs and the see the game from a different angle, make some moves.
I guess he might have to take off his puffer jacket then.

Find it absolutely funny a Vic coach whinging about bias.

Macrae has probably lost a lot of non-Vic neutrals over his comments.

Of course any home team is going to receive a better deal at home (mind you on the weekend the frees the Bulldogs got in their forward 50 was beyond a joke and one in particular), that comes with the territory. Its confirmation bias.

I’ll put it to you if that was a Swans player rather Collingwood player on the MCG a 50m gets paid likewise if it was a Collingwood player that infringed on the MCG against a Swans player, the 50m doesn’t get paid either.

Find it absolutely funny a Vic coach whinging about bias.

Macrae has probably lost a lot of non-Vic neutrals over his comments.

Of course any home team is going to receive a better deal at home (mind you on the weekend the frees the Bulldogs got in their forward 50 was beyond a joke and one in particular), that comes with the territory. Its confirmation bias.

I’ll put it to you if that was a Swans player rather Collingwood player on the MCG a 50m gets paid likewise if it was a Collingwood player that infringed on the MCG against a Swans player, the 50m doesn’t get paid either.
What is wrong with a coach sticking up for his side ?

Why was the question asked to him if it weren’t an issue or talking point?

What is wrong with a coach sticking up for his side ?

Why was the question asked to him if it weren’t an issue or talking point?

Right, sticking up for his side? Seriously, every coach sticks up for their side.

This was a classic whinge until he realised what he said. That is what can occur in the heat of the moment after a game in those press conferences.

Of course, it is going to be raised coz the game was decided by less than a goal. And Longmire had the appropriate response which was spot on.

And of course there is hometown bias.

Crikey!

Longmire whinges a lot, plays the victim extremely well.

Really?

Could you imagine Collingwoods' reaction if last years GF was played at the GABBA?

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Craig McRae

Remove this Banner Ad

Back