Coach Craig McRae

Remove this Banner Ad

The old form analysts used to tell me, always forgive one poor run.

Flag, Minor Premiership, Flag, Flag, 12th, 7th, 13th, 18th(which took a massive outlier injury hampered season, and the usual worst free kick differential in the AFL to get anywhere near) with plenty of cash in the bank 90k+ members, new facilities being built, a new coach, new assistants, new office holders, big draft picks incoming, a huge amount of goodwill for the club from players, sponsors, supporters...everyone bar AFL umpires.

That doesn't look like a mess to me. It looks like the foundation our next phase domination will be built on. And won't that be beautiful. :moustache:

The league gutted the club is ridiculous
Your own people are responsible for the mess your in

Pretty much everybody left before the hopper trade. We couldn’t match what they were being offered in regards to money due to the soft cap like with McCrae. That’s not our fault, if the league was run like the NBA/Soccer we’d still have them all.

Longmire is the biggest sook this game has ever seen. I despise Collingwood and generally don’t have much of an issue with Sydney but the want for a rivalry with them is completely embarrassing.
McRae understands the issues regarding interstate sides, I’m no McRae fan and sick of his stories. However another coach going after another is a shocking look, McRae if anything made it look like Collingwood get advantages, I’m not sure why he was attacked here.

Longmire whinges a lot, plays the victim extremely well. Last year he complained about not getting a proper bye when they played a Friday and had to play a Thursday which was a 13 day break,
His sooking is relentless and it’s not just him at Sydney. They do love a sook especially about Collingwood.
Approaching 12 years as coach with no success after having a pretty good list/cap at his disposal...would explain the diversionary behaviour.

Given half your fan base has dropped off and don't attend games any more, it's good to see some of you show faith in the club

2024 Geelong, top 4, biggest home crowd 87k. Average crowd 42,906

2024 Richmond, 18th position, biggest home crowd 92k. Average crowd 43,433

Woops. It would be nice to see some Cats fans show some faith in their club. :)

You can’t see that your club had a touch of luck ? Essendon in 1993 springs to mind. I think you have your head in the sand.
200.gif

Head in sand from an essendon supporter #inhirdwetrust

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cats are generally second rate at everything. Don’t tease them, poor buggers 🤣

Seen you support him through the times of when it was questioned, pretty head in sand stuff champion
****ing hell, do me a favour and bring up any evidence. Do a search and you’ll see see my thoughts on him pre and post saga. Fairly consistent. 54 year member, missed four games since 1973, if he comes back I’m gone cobber.

I actually look forward to your research.

****ing hell, do me a favour and bring up any evidence. Do a search and you’ll see see my thoughts on him pre and post saga. Fairly consistent. 54 year member, missed four games since 1973, if he comes back I’m gone cobber.

I actually look forward to your research.

The evidence will be where you got yours for a luck flag , doesnt exist buddy

The "rush it forward" method was John Kennedy's gameplan at Hawthorn from about 1960. Fit blokes blitzing and pressuring hard was very much Tommy Hafey's MO (borrowed from his mentor Len Smith, brother of Norm), his twist was tall wings but it didn't hurt having a gun KPF and extremely tough midfielders covering for a working class defence...sound familiar?

Craig McRae was very influential in the turnaround at Richmond, although I'd rate Gale as the key figure. Gale got Dimma to stop moaning at the players and listen to tactical nerds like Fly and Leppa, and the rest is history.

I don’t think modern day coaches copy gameplans from the 1960s lol The game isn’t played the same and neither are the rules.

So this thread is abt the RFC rebuild?

Could have sworn it's about McRae? What would I know ... Perhaps McRae will end up a one trickster. We'll see. Perhaps end up like Longmire with one flag as coach? With all those resources and advantages, do punters think Longmire has over or under achieved? No shame in that. A flag is a flag. Just how good Tiges though, retrospectively, getting 3 in 4, with that list full of "role players"? What's your poison? 1 flag and lots of finals appearances over a decade, or 3 in a rush?

Tigers home games include a fair chunk of oppo supporters, so please, can you minnows stop fighting:

WC Home Games 2024

1723765589333.png

Not a bad result for “aren’t an AFL team”, footy great Dermott Brereton says as WC walk by:

1723766279556.png .

It’s easy when you are winning.

A coach’s true colours come out when there are challenges.

We’ve heard from guys like Grundy and Ginnivan when they are deemed to no longer serve a purpose for the club. The cuddles mentality from Craig quickly disappears.

His continual comments about one umpiring decision from last Friday night instead of taking responsibility for his team blowing a 5 goal lead also shows lack of maturity when the pressure is on.

Geez you wouldn’t want to get on his wrong side when things weren’t going swimmingly for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Craig McRae

Remove this Banner Ad

Back