Crawfs face..after match

Remove this Banner Ad

timetochange08

Team Captain
Jun 28, 2008
brisbane
AFL Club
Hawthorn
crawfs post match interview on ground channel 10 was just amazing.All those emotions and the look of disbelief all on his face.Soem relief finally for shane after waiting about 17 yrs.There had to of been times like all of us when he simply thought a grand final beth would never happen for hawthorn.He out of any player there carried all the pain we all felt thoughout the 90's and beyond.The tears were welling in his eyes.
So many emotions.And robert harveys send off sent everybody to tears.So incredibly sad yet a beautiful tribute to a great player.I was crying for both of those players tears of joy for crawfs and tears of sadness for Harvey.

First post. I have been a hawks fan since i was about 5, so 1985. Only over the past few months have i found the forums. I agree with the OP. Crawf is an absolute champion and to see him rewarded with a GF is truely awesome. To see him speechless about the side he is in... what can i say.

All the best to Harvey, i have had the fortune to see him play a lot of matches and he is deservedly one of the greats of the game. A huge pity to see him go out like this. But the hawks come a very far forward first.

The Hawks are now in the grand final and i believe they are THE team to take it out. Hodge is the Dermie of our era. Busted up and still keeps going. Mitchell, still underrated by his opponents but always proves them wrong, Lewis... Bring on next week and the flag!!!

GO HAWKERS!

Finally a sensible post here. Appreciated Shane Crawford's respect for Harvey...and even though hawks just beat us, i'll be going for them next week!

And i think it's 50/50 next week, screw the media rubbish, ive seen us play hawks and cats in past 3 weeks..hawks forward line far better

if williams fires like tonight..hawks premiers.

Thank you, marioluigi. You are a very gracious Saint. Over many years I've found St Kilda fans full of class.

Good luck for your club's future. You have a good mix of youth and experience and you will continue to be up there in the heights of the ladder for years to come.

Crawford's post-match interview is one of the most stirring moments in football that I can remember.

The expression - like a giant weight has been lifted from his shoulders, and all of his efforts, and the loyalty he has shown this club, have finally been rewarded with an opportunity he has waited 17 years for.

Absolute legend!!

I will admit I was so emtional last night and Crawf's reaction was part of that - 17 years and now finally a Shot at that Premership:thumbsu:

I dont know if you listened/saw Harves press conference but he said that he wants to see Crawf win the flag - and who am I to argue with the great one :p

Good Luck Hawks & GO CRAWF!

I loved the fact that he was not scared to show his emotions, and I hope that his dream of the Hawks winning the flag come true next week.:thumbsu:

Do Hawks fans think that next weeks game could be Crawford's last?

I loved the fact that he was not scared to show his emotions, and I hope that his dream of the Hawks winning the flag come true next week.:thumbsu:

If we win the flag, yes, he'll retire on top. If we don't win, I think he may go around one more year.

Crawf eserves this so much, he has epitomised loyalty, he has in a way led by example for our current crop, throughout his career, by sticking with Hawthorn and finally being rewarded. I really hope we win the big one for crawf!!

Must say, if we win I definitely think Crawf should retire. He is now clearly behind Mitchell, Sewell, Hodge, Bateman and Lewis as guys that can play through the midfield and guys like Ellis, Young, Rioli and Stokes are all getting closer to him.

Just seems to have lost a little pace and awareness, although his goal from the boundary last night was sensational.

Will be interesting to see, although Clarko seems to like old heads around, but the way we have equipped ourself in the finals, a lack of finals experience doesn't seem a big issue for our young side.

I'm my view this was one of the most memorable of Prelims I have witnessed.

For starter, Harvey's retirement and the fitting send off for one of the greatest ambassadors of the game we love.

What about the sheer unadulterated courage of Luke Hodge.

And finally, Crawf, post match.

All enduring and endearing stuff!

Must say, if we win I definitely think Crawf should retire. He is now clearly behind Mitchell, Sewell, Hodge, Bateman and Lewis as guys that can play through the midfield and guys like Ellis, Young, Rioli and Stokes are all getting closer to him.

Just seems to have lost a little pace and awareness, although his goal from the boundary last night was sensational.

Will be interesting to see, although Clarko seems to like old heads around, but the way we have equipped ourself in the finals, a lack of finals experience doesn't seem a big issue for our young side.
x ellis is nowhere near there great man does ellis know how to kick a ball his decsion makeing under pressure is piss pore

Finally a sensible post here. Appreciated Shane Crawford's respect for Harvey...and even though hawks just beat us, i'll be going for them next week!

And i think it's 50/50 next week, screw the media rubbish, ive seen us play hawks and cats in past 3 weeks..hawks forward line far better

if williams fires like tonight..hawks premiers.

I've always liked St.Kilda and their fans, mainly due to Sir Robert Harvey. And I, like all on this board, thankyou for your support next week! Franklin will kill Scarlett just for you guys!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Crawfs face..after match

Remove this Banner Ad

Back