Review Hawthorn v Cats - match sim - Thursday 23rd Feb, GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

The “premier defender in the competition” who didn’t get selected in the AA. Righto. 👍

Here’s a stat - in 2022 he had 190 marks, 158 were uncontested. We kick it to him a lot when he is free.

You really need a Snickers 😉
Oh boy you just keep topping yourself with horrible takes. Pretty clear that Sicily was robbed of AA last year when he absolutely was the best defender in the league.

The “premier defender in the competition” who didn’t get selected in the AA. Righto. 👍

Here’s a stat - in 2022 he had 190 marks, 158 were uncontested. We kick it to him a lot when he is free.

You really need a Snickers 😉
You have been on a roll for horrendous takes

Here's some stats, since you love them

Sicily averaged more than double the contested marks of Stewart
Averaged 100m Meters More Gained then Stewart
More Contested Possessions then Stewart

Averaged More
Disposals
Rebound 50s
Contested Poss.
Uncontested Poss.
Intercept Possessions
Marks
Contested Marks
232m Gained
Than Maynard

The argument that Sicily should have been in the AA team isn't a theory that should be treated by such disdain

But you really do rate your opinion

Averaged More
Disposals
Rebound 50s
Contested Poss.
Uncontested Poss.
Intercept Possessions
Marks
Contested Marks
232m Gained
Than Maynard

The argument that Sicily should have been in the AA team isn't a theory that should be treated by such disdain

I don't understand why everyone here is arguing about this. Gillon McLachlan, WHO I SHOULD REMIND YOU IS THE CEO, is chairman of the committee. As the leader of out illustrious organisation no one has better insights and knowledge of the players. He is even better at rating the players than the coaches....

I don't understand why everyone here is arguing about this. Gillon McLachlan, WHO I SHOULD REMIND YOU IS THE CEO, is chairman of the committee. As the leader of out illustrious organisation no one has better insights and knowledge of the players. He is even better at rating the players than the coaches....
The completely unbiased Gil McLachlan, who didn't once tell a forum member here how much he hates James Sicily...

I'm a glutten for punishment and watched all 4 hours plus of the games! They should swap over the reserves the other guys at least they were competitive!
Tyler Brockman is going to be a superstar.....

Dylan Moore and Newcomb were superb.

Really weird game to watch with the dodgy camera work etc. I think it will be a different match against the pies...

The completely unbiased Gil McLachlan, who didn't once tell a forum member here how much he hates James Sicily...
Correct weight.

It’s why AA means not much more than being voted into the 22 under 22 by supporters.

All of the members on the AA selection committee have their bias.

Correct weight.

It’s why AA means not much more than being voted into the 22 under 22 by supporters.

All of the members on the AA selection committee have their bias.

This ^^^^

I don't give a rat's clacker about the AA. The AA should actually be the top 18-22 top voted players from the AFLCA. A Coaches opinion of a player's value >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Media's opinion.

fwiw, here is a list of the top vote getters in the 2022 AFLCA award. It pretty much tells you what the 18 coaches think of Sic.

Screenshot_20230227-192338.png

Oh, and by the way HedgeFund Sic is the highest rated full-time defender by the 18 AFL coaches

He isn’t taking contested marks against the bloke who is theoretically his direct opponent.

In fact he only took 19 contested marks (0.9 per game). If you’re only pulling out your best weapon 19 times a season, maybe it’s time to re-think how often you roll off to float across?

Opposition teams know that a good path to goals is through Scrimshaw’s opponent because there’s a good chance he will be standing in space a lot more than the other 5 players.

Sicily racks up 20+ because Blanck / Frost dink kick it to him as one of our designated kicks from the back half when we get control.

“Opposition teams know…”. Youre speaking on behalf of other teams now are you? Like you know the game plan of several teams! Your comment proves your making up rubbish and Ill tell you why…

A group of Hawthorn backs rotate from half back one side, to half back the other, to back pockets in every game. CJ, Daisy (last year), Impey, Bramble Scrim and others NEVER play on one man, they would average 4 or more “opponents” per game. Often scrim is on a small forward but if Sic ( a KPD) gets caught out of position or blocked, Scrim will take the tall. This tactic is in place to upset any oppo forward plan.

It also clearly shows your lack of knowledge of Hawthorns game plan let alone other teams.

You see a player compete with another and think thats his “man”. That man on man approach literally was dropped in the mid 2000’s. Your comments about Scrim, Sic and several others are simply wrong!

You cant begin to know an AFL coaches game plan so stop criticizing players like you think you do!

Scrim and Sic are stars mate. They are the first ones picked every week and thats because AFL coaches know a hell of a lot more about the game than you do.

Suggest you give it a rest and respect those who are good enough to get on an AFL list, when you didn’t come close!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

As above, I didn’t say that’s the only reason. Coaches want Sicily kicking the ball as often as possible.

Again, you talk like you know what coaches think! Hilarious!

Oh boy you just keep topping yourself with horrible takes. Pretty clear that Sicily was robbed of AA last year when he absolutely was the best defender in the league.

Exactly! Not to mention a clear B&F winner! Like the coaches have no idea right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Averaged More
Disposals
Rebound 50s
Contested Poss.
Uncontested Poss.
Intercept Possessions
Marks
Contested Marks
232m Gained
Than Maynard

If anyone wants to see how the media are able to skew opinion this gives such a clear summary of how inept the afl has made this award.

I just want us to stop paying lip service to an award that is clearly not awarded daily anymore, same as the Brownlow, but the media push it down everyone’s throats so much it forces acceptance

Averaged More
Disposals
Rebound 50s
Contested Poss.
Uncontested Poss.
Intercept Possessions
Marks
Contested Marks
232m Gained
Than Maynard

Not entirely true, Stewart had a game where he was injured at the start. I posted a fairer reflection on the last page.

It still stacks up in Sicily's favour though.

are you still gonna hold up your end of the bet when he hits 30 games?

Absolutely the forum is a bunch of deluded nonsense 80% of the time anyways.

When opinions are disliked by certain mods they're deleted in an instant anyways, the communist way it is run shouldn't really be what forums are about.

Ned Reeves getting to 30 games would be kind of doing me a good truth be told

Absolutely the forum is a bunch of deluded nonsense 80% of the time anyways.

When opinions are disliked by certain mods they're deleted in an instant anyways, the communist way it is run shouldn't really be what forums are about.

Ned Reeves getting to 30 games would be kind of doing me a good truth be told
Isn't this an online community? I'll give you one guess at what the word communist refers to.

Late to this as I’m finally watching the replay due to having gastro and not doing much else productive

I knew it was going to be a shitfest on many levels so was prepared and looked for the positive signs.

There was one major one: our field kicking looks the best it has for years. Am I on my own with this?

Jeremy Cameron is (annoyingly) good and it makes me a bit melty he plays for the Cats.

Ward has super quick hands and vision.

That’s it

Late to this as I’m finally watching the replay due to having gastro and not doing much else productive

I knew it was going to be a shitfest on many levels so was prepared and looked for the positive signs.

There was one major one: our field kicking looks the best it has for years. Am I on my own with this?

Jeremy Cameron is (annoyingly) good and it makes me a bit melty he plays for the Cats.

That’s it
Absolutely and that is something that I think can help our rise up the ladder. Our threepeat team was filled with excellent ball users and I don't think it is a huge coincidence that once that started to change, we started to play poorly (obviously amongst other issues).

I love having more confidence now that most players are going to hit the target more often than not for us.

So, same as usual eh? 😉
Sad Arrested Development GIF

That’s it
The game or the gastro?

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Hawthorn v Cats - match sim - Thursday 23rd Feb, GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back