Workshop Create a Random AFL Guernsey

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Create an AFL Guernsey

Yep, the white shorts thing too. Sydney looks the best when they wear the SthMelb heritage gear. And I reckon the exact opposite (red w/white v) would look good. About time they got rid of the opera house. Sydneysiders know who the Swans are now, and that isnt going to make them suddenly less "sydney".

As for the Dons....i think that's why both the Demons and the Dons need to have a white clash. Because red/black and blue/red in either connotation is still going to clash. Red might be the "lighter" color, but it's still a dark color really. Essendon should go for a white top with very thin red sash with two very thin black outlines either side of the sash, with a little white space inbetween.

Time for the AFL clubs to wake up and get with the skins-shirts concept that's been around for a century in the rest of the world.

Yep, the white shorts thing too. Sydney looks the best when they wear the SthMelb heritage gear. And I reckon the exact opposite (red w/white v) would look good. About time they got rid of the opera house. Sydneysiders know who the Swans are now, and that isnt going to make them suddenly less "sydney".

As for the Dons....i think that's why both the Demons and the Dons need to have a white clash. Because red/black and blue/red in either connotation is still going to clash. Red might be the "lighter" color, but it's still a dark color really. Essendon should go for a white top with very thin red sash with two very thin black outlines either side of the sash, with a little white space inbetween.

Time for the AFL clubs to wake up and get with the skins-shirts concept that's been around for a century in the rest of the world.

You may not be aware but essendon now hold the world record for the longest period of time having the same uniform in sport (next i think is the redsox). There is NO WAY that essendon will budge on moving to a radical design that is not black with a red sash.

The only option for them to minimize a clash with melbourne/stkilda/freo is to maximize the red.

Now i personally think they could use the silver in their logo to use in a clash jumper - but it would look more or less like melbourne's fail last year. and if they choose a predominately white strip, they risk an identity crisis with st kilda. stuck between a rock and a hard place really.

Sth Fremantle in the early 00s had a red strip, red shorts with white vee for home and the opposite for away. looked very good, however now they are white with red vee, red shorts permanently.

I think they still have to keep it a hybrid jumper, that is, retain the opera house, but make it a more south melbourne V. Cant be bothered now, but during the week ill make one up.

I think they still have to keep it a hybrid jumper, that is, retain the opera house, but make it a more south melbourne V. Cant be bothered now, but during the week ill make one up.

I made one ages ago, I will see if I can find it.

As for the away shorts rule, it's a ludicrous rule that needs to go. It's the whole reason collingwood and north clash.

Here it is.

Click to Englarge

I made one ages ago, I will see if I can find it.

As for the away shorts rule, it's a ludicrous rule that needs to go. It's the whole reason collingwood and north clash.

Disagree there, its a unique tradition.

I have a solution to the NM/Collingwood problem that ill post when i have time.

Smeagle...

Im aware of the record, but it's just common sense skins-shirts. I dont think a record should include clash/away strips. For instance, in the NFL an away top doesnt alter those same records either. Eg, the Raiders have worn the exact jersey for 46 years, are recognized for that tho there is a white away top. While it's a great record, and Im a traditionalist at heart, it's pretty silly imo to be not using strict home/away outfits every weekend.

I know what you mean by hybrid. I guess they could keep that Sydney styled V just as long as they have an all-red and an all-white version. Again, see how when there's no hang-ups on records that these things are not such a big deal as people make them out to be imo.

Sydney's issues (if we accept they have any) are easy to fix.

1) Tell all their pony tail wearing marketing blokes that it's not 1982 and then sack them.

2) Piss off the etch-a-sketch Opera House as it's nearly as stupid as the original Weagle. We know you are in Sydney.

3) Get rid of the Swan - it's not even a black swan, which you are more likely to ever see than a white swan.

4) Great old jumper, go back to it, invert it if you feel the need when playing a team with a lot of white, or all red with a SFC logo, similar to Sturt (there was once an all red SMFC guernsey)

qraha8.jpg

White shorts and their hooped socks when playing at HOME & AWAY, red shorts and red socks when playing AWAY on games where there might be some confusion with being a little darker. Eg, when playing Adelaide in Adelaide, you would wear the white strip rather than the red, although, not technically a clash.

The Blood Stained Angels is IMO a great name.

I like the "Sydney Bloods" concept and art. That's exactly my attitude on that.

They should have just kept the name. Remember when West Adelaide dabbled with Wolves for awhile in the mid to late 70's, then went back to Bloods.

And even if they want to keep the 'Swans', surely they can do a better jumper design that what it is currently.

rbfjwm.jpg

I really like those old school names far more than modern ones...

same olds, bloods, shinboners, bluebags, rabbitohs, white sox, redlegs, yellowjackets, etc.

much better than arena or ipl names like....

power, crush, rush, destroyers, force, supersonics, superdoopers, super kings, super golden elite trojans etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMO i think you need to make the V a bit thicker so the change from the current jumper isn't as drastic...

The white strip is essentially the 1987 guernsey, they used to have those red strips down the sides.

I agree get rid of the Opera house, or at least put the logo into the bottom of it so it still goes to a V

I really like those old school names far more than modern ones...

same olds, bloods, shinboners, bluebags, rabbitohs, white sox, redlegs, yellowjackets, etc.

much better than arena or ipl names like....

power, crush, rush, destroyers, force, supersonics, superdoopers, super kings, super golden elite trojans etc.

a0f6fr.jpg

Yeah, I always like the rabbitohs, hence why I did this a while ago

Yeah, you can't shamelessly rip them off too much tho' ;)

See, I will only ever think of green and gold as Woodville tho', so to me it will never be Tasmania.

I would love to see an old Peckers style guernsey again. I've been lobbying the eagles to go back to this as Home & Away

2zqad6u.jpg

The Eagles traditional top with the underarm wings is one of the best designs going round. Yellow with blue or Blue with yellow it works great. They could even do a white away one, with either blue wings and yellow outline, or yellow wings with blue outline.

Primrose, fair enough. The proper color names. For instance, South Sydney's is really cardinal and myrtle. But you know, it's the color set being referred to here.

The Eagles traditional top with the underarm wings is one of the best designs going round. Yellow with blue or Blue with yellow it works great. They could even do a white away one, with either blue wings and yellow outline, or yellow wings with blue outline.

Primrose, fair enough. The proper color names. For instance, South Sydney's is really cardinal and myrtle. But you know, it's the color set being referred to here.

Think he means the snafl's eagles. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Workshop Create a Random AFL Guernsey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back