Workshop Create a Random AFL Guernsey

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Create an AFL Guernsey

The problem with modern guernseys is that they were designed while taking advantage of technology. In the old days they just pinned on a sash, and ended up with much more striking symbols than today's basketball-top-esque monstrosities. Guernseys shouldn't have pictures of fists holding lightening bolts, or detailed drawings of animals. It detracts from their impact.

This is kind of what I want a Tassie club top to look like (if it's not a relocated club). It'd use the colours from the origin 'map' top, but use a classic design of the kind used by all clubs, big and small, all over the country. I've probably not chosen the best colour tones/combinations/positions but that can be worked on.

Hoop
tasguenseyhoop.png

Sash. It's similar to an excellent one posted ages ago. I didn't have the red trim to start with, but it was too Richmondish (you can see the difference on the back.) Still is too similar, maybe.
tasguenseysash.png

Thick V
tasguenseythickv.png

Thin V
tasguenseythinv.png

I used the pictures from http://footyjumpers.com/ as a guide.

There's three cardinal sins in the one design..

Glow, gradiant, dark on dark.

No no's in the design world.

I understand why the design world says "no", but I like to defy convention.

Also, there are a number of sporting teams out there who use the dark on dark...

Baltimore Ravens, purple/black
Melbourne Storm, purple/navy
defunct Chicago Enforcers XFL, black/dark blue

etc.

Ive always loved the combination of charcoal, black, dark brown. And when you have a layer like the skull/bones in a dark color seeping out of the black like that, i get excited like a little girl.

Btw, the design world isnt always right either.
For instance, they hate gold/green, which is silly. Especially in relation to a possible Republic flag, even tho that would be the best solution (green flag, gold southern cross), as I posted in the SRP board's thread on a new Aussie flag.

And you see the design world's efforts and choices regarding a Republic flag always resembling more like corporate logos than flags.

Also, the design world has come up with some absolute shockers over the years regarding AFL/NRL jerseys and guernsies. They came up with all those monstrosities.

However, I do greatly respect the design world's skill and talent in designing stuff, drawing ability, and mastering complex computer programs.

Btw, the away version of that would be all white top, shorts, socks, black cuffs/neck, sock stripe, the skull/bones would be a very light silver/off-white, again, seeping thru out of the white and blending into a light silver gradient upwards like the Home version does.

Btw, the away version of that would be all white top, shorts, socks, black cuffs/neck, sock stripe, the skull/bones would be a very light silver/off-white, again, seeping thru out of the white and blending into a light silver gradient upwards like the Home version does.

that team's too bad ass to have an away jumper, if the afl said you clash with a team you'd spit in their faces and force the other team to wear pink singlets

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i'm a fan of the black-white-brown ("chocolate" probably more accurate) combination as well. looks modern and clean. this is my attempt

jollyrogerjerseycopy.jpg

that team's too bad ass to have an away jumper, if the afl said you clash with a team you'd spit in their faces and force the other team to wear pink singlets

Very true. That's exactly how it would go down. You're positioning yourself to be my right-hand man at the proposed club.

i'm a fan of the black-white-brown ("chocolate" probably more accurate) combination as well. looks modern and clean. this is my attempt

jollyrogerjerseycopy.jpg

Wow, I like this a lot too. I love the sword at the back too. Damn three good designs so far to choose from.

Can you make the white skull/bones charcoal for me please? Just to see.

Nice effort. Thanks for doing those.

I'd have to say, your first one hits the right spot all over. That's good to go, start manufacturing them. Only thing I'd change is the numbers, make it a little wider and taller, the font you're using is fine, any kind of Gothic/piratey font like that would work.

And I'd have that Captain Morgan logo on the back too.

someone made this one (sorry, i forget you're name) and i made some minor changes
Tasmania1a.gif

i think it's been the best tasmania design so far, good work to whoever made it.

Yeah, I would be very happy with that. The reason I avoided the 'T' map was because a lot of people regard that as origin-only, and this would be a club made up mostly of interstate players. So, I stole the colours but not the logo.

Yeah, I would be very happy with that. The reason I avoided the 'T' map was because a lot of people regard that as origin-only, and this would be a club made up mostly of interstate players. So, I stole the colours but not the logo.
yeah, it can easily work without it, i just thought it could be a nice touch

20raer8.jpg

Clash.

If i were Tassie I would embrace the SOO stuff, or at least use it to their advantage like Adelaide did. They would probably get called Hobart Somethings, but they should embrace the whole State.

Remove this Banner Ad

Workshop Create a Random AFL Guernsey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back