Workshop Create a Random AFL Guernsey

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Create an AFL Guernsey

well the one above is an old logo from a company called Burningbird, I have seen another which is either a rip off of it or this a rip off of that.

Frankly It would be easier to get some HS or Uni art student to play around with a logo you like as a template, making sure it's not exactly like what ever you choose and add something in that makes it unique to your club.

it's alright, the Logo is essentially mine, i used a google image of a masquerade mask as a stencil and redrew it, so i highly doubt someone would have registered the image of a mask, and even if they did, a masters footy team probably wouldnt be considered as cashing in on their image.

i made a logo as well, feel free to use it, send me a few pics if you do, and if u have a spare guernsey ... send that too ;)

centralcoastphoenixconceptcopy.png

it's alright, the Logo is essentially mine, i used a google image of a masquerade mask as a stencil and redrew it, so i highly doubt someone would have registered the image of a mask, and even if they did, a masters footy team probably wouldnt be considered as cashing in on their image.

i made a logo as well, feel free to use it, send me a few pics if you do, and if u have a spare guernsey ... send that too ;)

centralcoastphoenixconceptcopy.png

Hack, Once we get approval from all and sundry, I will get your address and ensure you do get a guensey. Your effort and everyone else's to come up with the ideas has been brillant. If I was the Gold Coast or Western Sydney consortium I would differently be knocking on you door

Port Adelaide custom kit, reference to the days of the magpies in the middle.

First AFL guernsey, did a bit of rugby league modding before but tell us what you think.

Hi Hack
I think this is a great design and as President of Central Coast AFL Masters, if this is the way we go i will definitely arrange with gimakide to send you a guernsey. I thank gimakide for his hindsight in putting out to all big footy user a chance to design our jumper and much appreciation and thanks to all that have created a design.

PS Yes GG we will sell you one if you want one

Steve Peers
President
Central Coast
AFL Masters

it's great to hear the team's going to use your design hack.
i really like how you've used the flames. do you think you could try an Melbourne Demons jumper using flames?

it's great to hear the team's going to use your design hack.
i really like how you've used the flames. do you think you could try an Melbourne Demons jumper using flames?

Hack, As President of a Junior Club, The Demons I will be interested with what you come up with as well. 2 Designs on the Coast would be a HUGE effort

(Log in to remove this ad.)

swans guernsey

I think that swans guernsey is very cool but it needs to have:
  • Red Shorts For The Away Guernsey
  • A Bigger V

Essendon Clash

for what it is that is an awesome clash jumper. although i wouldn't really want us to wear it for games, if it was a training jumper i'd go out and get one (assuming i had money).
also if for some reason we had to change our clash strip i'd probably want that one.

New North Melbourne Home, to make it predominately dark coloured to comply with the AFL wish.

i don't really get the point of this one seeing as they only clash with geelong and collingwood (according to the afl) yet this doesn't really change that plus it's got a fair bit of white and even a white backpatch. the real disappointment is that it's nowhere near as good as your essendon one

The problem with the striped teams is that predominantly dark with white, or predominantly white with dark, are practically identical.

It really opened my eyes recently when I was watching a couple of NRL games that STILL clashed terribly (and thats RL where two teams align apart). One I forget now, and the other was Bulldogs v Titans....tho both had different shades of blue, they dont stand out, and tho one had a little yellow on the side, it didnt make a difference, and even things like one wearing blue shorts and white socks while the other wearing white shorts and blue socks didnt help. Meanwhile the jumpers were all white with slabs of blue on it, while the other was all blue with slabs of white on it. Put it all together in one jumble of action, tackling, running, bodies on top of each other, etc, and I seriously got a migraine from watching and having to strain to tell them apart, needed medical attention.

If AFL teams are serious about it, they're gonna have to really minimize the designs, instead of 50:50, or 40:30:30, they're gonna have to make the dominant main home color more dominant (like say Essendon's sash reverting back to being a lot thinner, or North/Cwood being more black/blue and very thin white pin-stripes almost). While the away top has to be all-white with very subtle touches of color rather than a reversal.

Carlton and Fremantle's guernseys are the best in the AFL for this reason. A straight reversal can work due to the main color being like 90% and the secondary color being 10% in either home/away version.

If AFL teams are serious about it, they're gonna have to really minimize the designs, instead of 50:50, or 40:30:30, they're gonna have to make the dominant main home color more dominant (like say Essendon's sash reverting back to being a lot thinner, or North/Cwood being more black/blue and very thin white pin-stripes almost). While the away top has to be all-white with very subtle touches of color rather than a reversal.

Carlton and Fremantle's guernseys are the best in the AFL for this reason. A straight reversal can work due to the main color being like 90% and the secondary color being 10% in either home/away version.
i don't like that tbh, i get the reasons behind it but it seems like it'd lead to "home team wearing a plain black jumper with team logo" vs "away team wearing a plain white jumper with team logo"
MAYBE that's an exaggeration but i've always liked how AFL jumpers have unique designs that aren't just 1 colour with a small pattern on the side with some different colour shorts and the dark/light jumpers policy (although it's not a very strict policy) seems like it's heading towards a soccer or basketball uniform style where you couldn't even tell what teams are playing if it wasn't for the scoreboard.

i don't really get the point of this one seeing as they only clash with geelong and collingwood (according to the afl) yet this doesn't really change that plus it's got a fair bit of white and even a white backpatch. the real disappointment is that it's nowhere near as good as your essendon one
hmmm, they should wear that against collingwood and geelong, but them only

i don't like that tbh, i get the reasons behind it but it seems like it'd lead to "home team wearing a plain black jumper with team logo" vs "away team wearing a plain white jumper with team logo"
MAYBE that's an exaggeration but i've always liked how AFL jumpers have unique designs that aren't just 1 colour with a small pattern on the side with some different colour shorts and the dark/light jumpers policy (although it's not a very strict policy) seems like it's heading towards a soccer or basketball uniform style where you couldn't even tell what teams are playing if it wasn't for the scoreboard.

As much as it may pain people, I really think that's the right way to go. It doesnt have to resort to NFL proportions---where teams have no designs. Just minimized more. Two color teams aiming for an 80-20 type ratio. Three color teams aiming for an 80:10:10 type. Like St Kilda would be all black front and back. And the white/red on the front could be like thin red down the right seam and thin white down the left seam. Or red/white together thin down the middle as thick as the V of the neck, or red/white together down the right side very thin.

As much as it may pain people, I really think that's the right way to go. It doesnt have to resort to NFL proportions---where teams have no designs. Just minimized more.
well as long as they don't go overboard (the afl likes to do that)

Remove this Banner Ad

Workshop Create a Random AFL Guernsey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back