Cricket Thread: There's no cricket on for months

Remove this Banner Ad

They keep talking like the English fast bowlers are average, but I think most have been excellent this series. Our batsmen have rarely looked comfortable even when scoring runs.
The drop catches make their figures worse, but largely they've bowled alright.

Bit short at times but they've bowled OK.

Their batsmen, Root aside have failed dismally

They keep talking like the English fast bowlers are average, but I think most have been excellent this series. Our batsmen have rarely looked comfortable even when scoring runs.
They do have a decent pace battery, with Archer and Stone not even here.

What's hurt their bowling has been defensive tactics and field settings, catching, Woakes being ineffective and their spinner being a non-entity. Plus Stokes being here in body only. And their batters barely giving them a day's rest after a bowling innings.

Robinson, Wood, Broad and Anderson by themselves have been fine.

The constant 'pushing for your guy to come in' with cricket

I half heard the Fox Cricket team (KOK etc) talking about Khawaja possibly being good in Asia for future tours.

He averages 31 there.

I also heard someone else say only Khawaja and Smith have scored hundreds in Asia. Khawaja has scored 1 century from 12 innings in Asia. I think we'll be okay without him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are right about that. I genuinely the selectors to pick Inglis ahead of him. Poor shot as well.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
He was lucky Inglis hadn't played red ball cricket and Kez did get a List A ton.

Keeping has been largely fantastic, batting not so much. He's leaving the door ajar for future tours.

He was lucky Inglis hadn't played red ball cricket and Kez did get a List A ton.

Keeping has been largely fantastic, batting not so much. He's leaving the door ajar for future tours.

I thought the Western Australian factor may have got Inglis over the line initially. Carey is leaving the door open though for him to be in the side down the track. Agree that his keeping has been faultless.

Talking about leaving the door open I worry that Cameron Green’s form with the bat may be leaving the door open for a return for Mitch Marsh.

I thought the Western Australian factor may have got Inglis over the line initially. Carey is leaving the door open though for him to be in the side down the track. Agree that his keeping has been faultless.

Talking about leaving the door open I worry that Cameron Green’s form with the bat may be leaving the door open for a return for Mitch Marsh.

Picking Marsh would be the equivalent of bringing back Frampton based on his SANFL form

Picking Marsh would be the equivalent of bringing back Frampton based on his SANFL form
Leaving Marsh aside, if Green can't pick up his batting form he'll get eaten alive on the subcontinent

Stoked for Usman, well deserved.

Does he now replace Harris at the top of the order with Head returning to number 5?

Usman keeps the opening spot warm for when (if) Pucovski is ready?
Imo, yes... but I said that for the opening test.

Leaving Marsh aside, if Green can't pick up his batting form he'll get eaten alive on the subcontinent
We may play Khawaja at #6, then use Labuschagne, Smith & Head as the 5th bowlers.

I would have thought it was an easy decision.

1 - Warner
2 - Khawaja
3 - Lab
4 - Smith
5 - Head
6 - Green

Green holds his position for now, due to his bowling - and the need to get games into a 22yo. We drop the walking wicket. Easily the best batting line up we've had for the series.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cricket Thread: There's no cricket on for months

Remove this Banner Ad

Back