Opinion Cricket thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll see how their "findings" about the lunch at chaddy go before passing any hasty judgements. If they suspend the players involved and send them packing for a year then we'll know that they are fair dinkum. Anything less - well: BCCI being the BCCI is to be expected.

They won't be fair dinkum at all and players will be fine.

The BCCI run cricket not the so-called authorities

Seeing the 4 Test series is locked up at 1 apiece, and there is a propensity for a bit of rain in Sydney lately, decided a draw would a fair chance, and also good for ratings for the 4th Test decider, put a lazy pineapple on yesterday @$5, already into $4.
They might lose a session and that's being pretty optimistic with Test matches now allowing an additional hour of play each day to make up for any lost time. Also the way both sides have batted this series i can't see it lasting more than 4 days. Fingers crossed that either Will Puc or Pujara can bat for a very long time for your sake.

Seeing the 4 Test series is locked up at 1 apiece, and there is a propensity for a bit of rain in Sydney lately, decided a draw would a fair chance, and also good for ratings for the 4th Test decider, put a lazy pineapple on yesterday @$5, already into $4.

Would need to be a dead flat track and/or a heap of rain as both bowling attacks are quality and the batting line-ups brittle.

That 2nd last over by Lalor was poor. They are either close and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory or get pantsed ☹

Lalor has been poor for the few games he has played in this tournament.

I'm a Gaders fan but the Renegades are awful this year. If Marsh and Finch fail to fire, they're no chance of winning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah probably.

Hurricanes blew last game big time.....didn't play well and still nearly won. Usually a sign of a pretty good team (not that I really care)

I like the BBL. I'm still a test purist but I like the franchise fan loyalty and also think the short form has a place at the local levels where blokes don't want to lose 50 per cent of their weekend just to snick off first ball and field fine leg to fine leg.

Hurricanes have a good squad. Their strength is that they've managed to secure good local 'nobodies', who play a role beyond their reputation (e.g. Nathan Ellis). If Short starts to fire you'd have to think they're flag favourites. I think handscomb is a bit of a weak link though, but he's intelligent enough to slide down the order where need be.

But I think the Scorchers are really balanced. They have a really strong top order and a strong pace bowling attack.

Stars I think are too reliant on Maxwell.

I like the BBL. I'm still a test purist but I like the franchise fan loyalty and also think the short form has a place at the local levels where blokes don't want to lose 50 per cent of their weekend just to snick off first ball and field fine leg to fine leg.

Hurricanes have a good squad. Their strength is that they've managed to secure good local 'nobodies', who play a role beyond their reputation (e.g. Nathan Ellis). If Short starts to fire you'd have to think they're flag favourites. I think handscomb is a bit of a weak link though, but he's intelligent enough to slide down the order where need be.

But I think the Scorchers are really balanced. They have a really strong top order and a strong pace bowling attack.

Stars I think are too reliant on Maxwell.

Agree with all that.

Handscomb was a strange choice but I guess you have a budget and get who you can....(and who's available).

Ellis isn't a local unless you mean not an overseas import. He's from NSW. Basically none of the team are Tasmanians! ha

I don't mind it and in fact I prefer over 50over cricket which I think days are numbered.

Agree with all that.

Handscomb was a strange choice but I guess you have a budget and get who you can....(and who's available).

Ellis isn't a local unless you mean not an overseas import. He's from NSW. Basically none of the team are Tasmanians! ha

I don't mind it and in fact I prefer over 50over cricket which I think days are numbered.

Yep just meant domestic players.

I had a chat at the Scorchers v Sixes game with Drew Petrie, and I did say that it's hard to look at him with Eagle colours on, but he said he's a Roo for life ❤️

I had a chat at the Scorchers v Sixes game with Drew Petrie, and I did say that it's hard to look at him with Eagle colours on, but he said he's a Roo for life ❤️

Why was he wearing Eagles colours at a cricket game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back