Cripps or Oliver.

Who is the better player

• P. Cripps

Votes: 348 57.2%
  • C. Oliver

Votes: 260 42.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

At the peak of their powers it's close but Clarry has been way off this year and is not even AFL standard at the moment (wasn't much better when he came back last year).

However, Cripps is a good leader and it's hard to imagine him having the boil overs that Clarry does when things aren't going his way.

At this point I think it's fairer on Clarry if we change the poll to him v George Hewett.

I think most would vote for George but at least Danny wouldn't embarrass himself as much.

As a Pies supporter i have to hate Carlton but this debate is only heading further and further in Cripps direction. Clarrys revolutionary pre-season schedule has sadly had a slight impact on his performances this year

cripps doesn't even cop a tag. The tagger goes straight to Walsh.

Cripps has had the season Oliver is having now for every season outside of his AA years.
So what. They probably find him hard to tag. He’s a bull.
Anyway you can keep the fight going here. All your other Dees posters on here think it’s not even close, shouldn’t be in the side, is a fat slag, praise Cripps for his leadership.
If there has even been a poll that is done and dusted and totally one way..it’s this one.

Last edited:
Anyway you can keep the fight going here. All your other Dees posters on here think it’s not even close, shouldn’t be in the side, is a fat slag, praise Cripps for his leadership.
If there has even been a poll that is done a dusted and totally one way..it’s this one.
A hard tag on a bull like Cripps probably isn't as effective as tagging a playmaker in Walsh. Just like with Melbourne where you generally would tag Petracca as Clarry kicks it back to you anyway

Just letting Clarry run free for a quarter is enough to tag him out of the game. I'm tipping Dansters eternal love fest for him will cease when he gets pushed out the door end of year.

Maybe the Dees could pay half his contract for him to come sort his life out away from Goodwin under the leadership of Voss and Cripps.

If there has even been a poll that is done and dusted and totally one way..it’s this one.
he's a slow plodder. much easier to tag than Walsh. Walsh is far better and that's why the tag never goes to Cripps.

done and dusted? The debate ended when Oliver won the coaches votes back to back. Cripps has been good this year but another season where he isn't making the AA team isn't going to change the needle just because Oliver has had a down season with his disruptive preseason. normal Oliver would be disappointed having a season that Cripps is having.

he's a slow plodder. much easier to tag than Walsh. Walsh is far better and that's why the tag never goes to Cripps.

done and dusted? The debate ended when Oliver won the coaches votes back to back. Cripps has been good this year but another season where he isn't making the AA team isn't going to change the needle just because Oliver has had a down season with his disruptive preseason. normal Oliver would be disappointed having a season that Cripps is having.
Cripps would be right in the mix for AA this year, what have you been watching?

Cripps would be right in the mix for AA this year, what have you been watching?
he'll make the squad. and an outside chance to make the team. When Oliver is at full flight, he makes the team and its not even a question.So it just shows that Cripps' ceiling is lower and that's why you preferred Oliver and admitted it last season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he'll make the squad. and an outside chance to make the team. When Oliver is at full flight, he makes the team and its not even a question.So it just shows that Cripps' ceiling is lower and that's why you preferred Oliver and admitted it last season.
**** me if nothing else you have to admire your loyalty

I would have picked the premiership hero as opposed to the guy who gets a wristie from the umpires every week, but going to hospital on cocaine and chicken nuggets, backing it up with an all-nighter at Revs, skipping the preseason and spending half a season as a d-grade midfielder is making me question this a little bit.

Keep posting Danster you are very amusing.
Cripps will be starting 18 AA this year. He’s having a blinder. Is also a great chance for a second brownlow. Will win another B&F and will finish top half dozen in the Coaches award you love so much.

And the fat, useless druggie (Dees supporters reference here) will be shipped off. Some sad club will pay half of his 1+ mill a year in the hope they can turn him round..and the Dees will be desperate to get this chunkadunk snorter out of he club. As Goodwin and Smith both know..it’s all about the culture…

And the fat, useless druggie (Dees supporters reference here) will be shipped off. Some sad club will pay half of his 1+ mill a year in the hope they can turn him round..and the Dees will be desperate to get this chunkadunk snorter out of he club. As Goodwin and Smith both know..it’s all about the culture…
A fat druggie? Hes not even committing to that by the sounds of it

This debate is just becoming upsetting now. The only Melbourne fan that is sticking around Oliver is Danny. You do have to admire his loyalty however.

It took two average years from Cripps 2020-21 for this debate to even become relevant. I used to love watching Oliver play until I had to read this twat creaming over him for years. It’s not even the main reason I dislike Danny but it’s just the reluctance from him to put his bias aside and admit Cripps is a champion of the game. Most of the fans believe he is and certainly the players do as well. Pretty much everyone in this chat including myself has said we have admired Oliver (before the fall off and preseason) but for me, it’s just your constant bagging of Cripps which has annoyed me.

Obviously I’m biased and don’t really respect someone bag my captain who’s stayed through thick and thin through the hard times and put the team on his back for years on end. Someone who could’ve pissed off to WA on 1.2mil+ a season but the point is he didn’t. If anything, I think what Carlton fans love most about him isn’t even how good of a player he is, it’s just what he’s done for the club and how loyal of a player he is. If Oliver was put into the same position of Cripps - would he have the same mental aptitude and loyalty that Cripps has displayed? I don’t think so. I’m not even gonna discuss their abilities as footballers. I’ve already talked on that, and you know my stance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cripps or Oliver.

Back