Remove this Banner Ad

Carl Peterson

Debutant
Aug 20, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks, West Ham, Heroin
Okay, so inevitably Crowley is going to go to Mitchell come Saturday, and I think we all know what he can do. We all know what Sam does for us and how important he has been this year. We can't afford Crowley to get a hold of Mitchell like he did with Kieran Jack. If he does, i fear the very worst.

Clarkson has to address this matchup and figure away to minimise Crowley's impact on Mitchell. What does everyone think? What will Clarkson and the rest of the team (+ coaching team) be doing to help Sammy out?

GO HAWKS!

(Unrelated, but please take a look)
https://www.facebook.com/AFLandfootytalk

It has to be a team effort any time a teammate has the chance to block/make space for Mitch they do it with the intent to hurt Crowley legally...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitch is indispensable. But if he is tagged we have Lewis, Hodge, Birch, Poppy, Sheils, Savage, Durea, Smith, Sewell, Bruest and Goo who can step up.

This is the plan Clarkson began last year. Mitch down? F* it, bring in another weapon!!!

Most important thing for us is not to get sucked into their rugby scrums. One on one at the contest and leave enough soldiers on the outside to help the clearance when it happens. #ALWAYS BELIEVE

We can only hope.

Alot of talk on the radio today that Crowley wont go mitchell & probably an outside runner, like Isaac Smith or even Birchall. He lined up on jack last night, stokes the week before (then switched to johnson).
Lyon prefers to play him on players who gain the most metres with run rather than clearance players.

Alot of talk on the radio today that Crowley wont go mitchell & probably an outside runner, like Isaac Smith or even Birchall. He lined up on jack last night, stokes the week before (then switched to johnson).
Lyon prefers to play him on players who gain the most metres with run rather than clearance players.
Crowley can only go to one player. If he goes to Mitch, then Birch or Hodge is free. If he goes to Smith then Hill is free. Options!!

Can he keep up with Smith?

People keep mentioning if Mitchell gets done one of our other players will take his place, but why didn't this happen for the Swans. Jack got tagged, he got done. Though none of their other guns took his place, and they've got plenty. Mcveigh, Kennedy, O'Keefe, Bolten etc... Whats stopping this from happening to us?

People keep mentioning if Mitchell gets done one of our other players will take his place, but why didn't this happen for the Swans. Jack got tagged, he got done. Though none of their other guns took his place, and they've got plenty. Mcveigh, Kennedy, O'Keefe, Bolten etc... Whats stopping this from happening to us?
Our midfielders aren't cooked

I think one on one we are a better team than Freo. If we let them play scrum football and get sucked into their dour game plan we'll have lost a lot of drive. IMHO we need to keep clear of the scrums and drive home the advantage when the ball is cleared.

Put a hard tag on Crowley himself with Sewell or similar. It will be messy for a while then Lyon will move Crowley onto Birchall. When that happens move Birchall to CHF. Either you get Crowley at CHB but more likely Lyon will try to get him back to Mitchell. When this happens. Press start again. The benefit is you will get an unencumbered Mitchell for the majority. Good luck

Expect Hodge might run through Crowley, Bereton style.

Mitchell's a cleverer player than Jack. Jack gets a lot of his ball through sheer endurance and hanging out the back of a pack where they use him as their exit point.

Mitch gets his pill by reading where it is going better than most.

If I was Andrew Newbold, I'd be contacting the AFL and ensuring that illegal tagging tactics were my first point of discussion.

Put a hard tag on Crowley himself with Sewell or similar. It will be messy for a while then Lyon will move Crowley onto Birchall. When that happens move Birchall to CHF. Either you get Crowley at CHB but more likely Lyon will try to get him back to Mitchell. When this happens. Press start again. The benefit is you will get an unencumbered Mitchell for the majority. Good luck
I like the idea, but I think Clarko has been ahead of you since March. We have a much more flexible mid field rotation than any other team. Roll them in and out, over and under, forward, back, centre. We are a continually moving target. Too many options for us to be vulnerable to one player being shut down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy CROWLEY VS. MITCHELL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back