Crows Chat That 'Doesnt Deserve Its Own Thread' Thread part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair enough. Probably a fair few joining you. I still come to try and get the Crows info we'd never hear interstate - but I avoid pretty much all of the threads, and I'm not sure it's still worth it.
Iā€™ve just spent the last week in Tassie (FOV) and didnā€™t come on here once, realised how much Iā€™ve grown to dislike it For exactly the same reasons.

Takes me back. We managed to get the last two tickets out of Brisbane that day that enabled to get us there in time for the game. I think the flights cost $850 each! Hubbyā€™s parents drove across from Adelaide and met us at the airport. We went and parked somewhere and caught the train in to the G. It was a phenomenal day! Even took the folks back to the tennis centre after the game. I remember walking across the bridge to great renditions of ā€œwhen the Crows, go marching inā€! Good times! Then we had to make our way back to the only accommodation we could get - out at Lilydale!

Takes me back. We managed to get the last two tickets out of Brisbane that day that enabled to get us there in time for the game. I think the flights cost $850 each! Hubbyā€™s parents drove across from Adelaide and met us at the airport. We went and parked somewhere and caught the train in to the G. It was a phenomenal day! Even took the folks back to the tennis centre after the game. I remember walking across the bridge to great renditions of ā€œwhen the Crows, go marching inā€! Good times! Then we had to make our way back to the only accommodation we could get - out at Lilydale!

i remember hearing that version of the saints song as we walked across the bridge to the tennis centre, then i remember standing next to Tony McGuiness in the tennis centre and he was the unhappiest and grumpiest person in the room

(Log in to remove this ad.)

not sure where to post this

we often see Peter Motley most weekend mornings having a coffee, ive tried to tell the wife how good a player he was but not sure which modern day player to compare him with

Not modern but James Hird maybe? Motley was 185cm, lots on the wing with a bit at half back and half forward. Good overhead.

Not modern but James Hird maybe? Motley was 185cm, lots on the wing with a bit at half back and half forward. Good overhead.

i can vaguely remembering him playing, i was about 12 when he had his accident, just watched some of his highlights, what could have been

One older guy who goes to matches at Unley Oval talks about the 1985 state game where Motley matched up on Gary Ablett on the wing. Gave him an absolute bath and took 17 marks. Was only 20 years old and looked like being a superstar

One older guy who goes to matches at Unley Oval talks about the 1985 state game where Motley matched up on Gary Ablett on the wing. Gave him an absolute bath and took 17 marks. Was only 20 years old and looked like being a superstar
He was, remember watching v Norwood at Unley, gave us a bath. He was a genuine gun and could have been anything sadly

Remove this Banner Ad

Crows Chat That 'Doesnt Deserve Its Own Thread' Thread part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back