Crows Chat That 'Doesnt Deserve Its Own Thread' Thread part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

How bout plenty of his old man, like cmon.
Met his old man. Probably the first pro player manager in SA.
In his home. Got a humble wall of great snaps. And glory but played down.
SA legend along with the Oateyes.

I heard someone say the other day that port have less debt than us?
Is that true?
What’s our actual debt?

Going by 2021 Financials they have commercial debt of just over $5m and we have commercial debt of $4.5m.

In saying that, they also have another $1.6m which is to be repaid to the AFL at some point and they have a government grant liability in their balance sheet of $1.5m (for it to be classified as a liability I assume the government wants its money back).

Remember that as at the end of 2019 we had repaid all our commercial debt and didn’t require to borrow from the AFL during the pandemic (we went to a commercial bank).

As a former banker, understood reading of balance sheets/profit and loss a/cs.

Someone asking about the old state jumper as an alternate jumper - posts this picture

Fair old side this one

FbPL_G0aMAAzN05

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now the first week of finals has been completed the fixture will now be worked on as the teams from 1-6, 7-12 and 13-18 are known.

Our double up games will be as follows :

One of Geelong, Melbourne, Sydney, Collingwood, Brisbane and Fremantle
One of Richmond, Western Bulldogs, Carlton, St Kilda and Gold Coast. Port Adelaide is a given from this group.
Two of Hawthorn, Essendon, GWS, West Coast and North Melbourne.

Not sure if this is the right place to come and ask, Crows fans, but I'm interviewing Brett Burton for my podcast, and was wondering if you had any questions (non-camp related) you'd like us to ask him? Particularly if you had a soft spot for any certain defenders in that era?

Cheers, and apologies for intruding (if there is a better thread I could have posted this in, would love for you to point me in the right direction).

Not sure if this is the right place to come and ask, Crows fans, but I'm interviewing Brett Burton for my podcast, and was wondering if you had any questions (non-camp related) you'd like us to ask him? Particularly if you had a soft spot for any certain defenders in that era?

Cheers, and apologies for intruding (if there is a better thread I could have posted this in, would love for you to point me in the right direction).
I'd be keen to know why he (and Marty Mattner) went from being used predominantly as wingmen in 2005 to mostly deep forward and deep defender respectively after that

Also not sure how you'd word it but I heard something about Burton having self doubts during his career and often being low on confidence, needing to be pumped up and reassured by the coaches. Not sure if this is accurate or not. Gave off the perception of being a high flair, free spirit as a player with his style but not certain that was how he felt internally.

As far as games to revisit, the 2002 semi final at the MCG vs Melbourne was a doozy. Seesawed wildly. Burton kicked a key late goal. Was meant to be at Football Park too but was in the days of the old MCG final rule.

I’d like to know how vigorous he thought the recruitment process was in him becoming Head of Football in 2016, how many other people applied for the role and why he thought he was chosen ahead of any number of more qualified candidates.

Potentially some dirty laundry at Brisbane

He was head of fitness and they had a horrendous injury list while he was there

However... there were some whispers that coach Justin Leppitsch may have been overruling Burton's calls on player availability

There's lots to ask Jackington. Interesting player.

From memory he wasn't taken in the draft at 18yo or at 19yo. Overlooked twice but then did enough in the SANFL as a 20 year old to get drafted in the first round that year.

A little while ago but a slightly unusual pathway into the game

There's lots to ask Jackington. Interesting player.

From memory he wasn't taken in the draft at 18yo or at 19yo. Overlooked twice but then did enough in the SANFL as a 20 year old to get drafted in the first round that year.

A little while ago but a slightly unusual pathway into the game
Yeah first pick for a defending premier as a mature ager - must have been seen as a real icing type player to keep them contending.

Who knows what he might have been without persistent injuries.

Has he seen the movie Birdman and was he satisfied with Michael Keaton’s performance? How did he interpret the ending?

Remove this Banner Ad

Crows Chat That 'Doesnt Deserve Its Own Thread' Thread part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back