News Crows eye Walker, Jacobs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
they're going to give him a million for 3 years, probably desperate for him.

Exactly. The Crow coaches know how good he can be and what he is worth salary wise and to their current team yet they only want to give us pick 33 for him. :rolleyes:

You watch in 12 months time when Jacobs is killing it at Adelaide ( if he gets there ) all the Crow trolls will be coming here telling us about how we were r*ped in that trade and only gave pick 33 for him. I can see it happening now!!! :cool:

I think the fact you list Brock Mclean as a 'massive win' speaks volumes about just how clued up you are there. Also aside from your Judd coup and the fact it's too early to tell with Lucas I read Armfield, Henderson and Warnock and I chuckle.

Dumb & Dumber is apt

Yes it is apt isn't it? How are you Dumb & Dumber?

So you should. Much better than a dim wit like Rendell who gave away a first and third round pick for Tambling :D

I can't even type that without laughing.

Have a look at how Swann and Icke went with the Judd, Warnock and Fevola deals. We just pinched Alan Richardson out from under Essendon's nose when they were crowing about their great coaching staff. Surely you can see why we're so confident in our staff.

Seriously dude - are we really playing the 'whose got the best recruiters game'? That is f*$&ing hilarious.

FWIW - I see this deal almost dead in the water, and given that Sauce said he would be happy to stay with CFC if a deal can't be done, it's looking likely he'll still be a blue bagger next year.

Not a bad outcome for Sam, as he obviously still likes the club, and if the hype is true and the club truly do value him at pick 14 level quality, he should be getting loads more game time with you in 2011 (which is a significant part of why he's obviously looking to move int he first place).

Similarly, Adelaide will not be crippled by our inability to secure him, as we're all looking forward to seeing more of Smack Daddy and Brad Brad Moran in a ruck capacity ourselves anyway (Craigy was quite strong in his views on this before the Jacobs scenario even emerged).

Make no mistake - we'd like to get Sauce, but the clubs 2011 strategy does not hinge around us getting him. We will not let go of Talia, Smack or Pick 14 to make it happen. I don't think you guys will accept Pick 33. So quite simply, the trade doesn't happen.

Now - Sin, let's play who's got the best boot studders. Seriously fella, you kill me. Love your work.

The Crows were never going to cave until the last minute of the trade period. That's what amateur's do.... sook, huff and puff, and say silly things in the media every few hours up until the inevitable Blink. Just need to kick back and watch the circus unfold while we wait. I actually enjoy laughing at the sa crows and their supporters. The Tambling Trade was particularly funny. Didn't expect that clanger. It came from no-where.

:)

The Crows were never going to cave until the last minute of the trade period. That's what amateur's do.... sook, huff and puff, and say silly things in the media every few hours up until the inevitable Blink. Just need to kick back and watch the circus unfold while we wait. I actually enjoy laughing at the sa crows and their supporters. The Tambling Trade was particularly funny. Didn't expect that clanger. It came from no-where.

Hello parrot, I hear you are quite an informed poster, could you maybe bring me up to speed on trade week thus far? I've been out of town.

Seriously dude - are we really playing the 'whose got the best recruiters game'? That is f*$&ing hilarious.

FWIW - I see this deal almost dead in the water, and given that Sauce said he would be happy to stay with CFC if a deal can't be done, it's looking likely he'll still be a blue bagger next year.
Actually, it is widely known that he won't be re-signing with Carlton next year, unless Carlton decide to tell us differently.

Not a bad outcome for Sam, as he obviously still likes the club, and if the hype is true and the club truly do value him at pick 14 level quality, he should be getting loads more game time with you in 2011 (which is a significant part of why he's obviously looking to move int he first place).

Similarly, Adelaide will not be crippled by our inability to secure him, as we're all looking forward to seeing more of Smack Daddy and Brad Brad Moran in a ruck capacity ourselves anyway (Craigy was quite strong in his views on this before the Jacobs scenario even emerged).

Make no mistake - we'd like to get Sauce, but the clubs 2011 strategy does not hinge around us getting him. We will not let go of Talia, Smack or Pick 14 to make it happen. I don't think you guys will accept Pick 33. So quite simply, the trade doesn't happen.

Now - Sin, let's play who's got the best boot studders. Seriously fella, you kill me. Love your work.
Your club sucks if you don't fix the ruck deficiencies. Your club can't get players to move to SA. Your club has committed to him in a big way by offering a million dollar contract and first ruck spot.

Yes, we have a lot of confidence in Swann and Icke, you'll know why soon enough. But keep clutching at straws, it keeps us entertained.

Rendell has already stated that won't be happening either. Also, it would be 4 spots, you guys have pick 18 (or were you talking about Walker and Port?).

If we gave 18 to Port and got 16 then on traded 16 for 14 both Port and the Crows will be moving back 2 spots.

Port 16 to 18
Crows 14 to 16
Blues 18 to 14

Definitely time to field other offers as 33 in this draft is an insult. They gave better for Tambling ffs and they're offering Sauce $1mil over 3 years! :rolleyes:

Would happily let him go to the Weagles or Richmond for nix on principle although i'm confident he'd most likely end up staying if we can't successfully trade him to an Adelaide team.
Time for Ratts and Swanny to sit down with Sammy over the week-end and explain the the crap being thrown up by Adelaide and work out the terms for a new contract to stay at Carlton.

Given what they traded for Tambling an offer of Pick 33 in this draft is a joke. Jacobs may be rethinking whether playing with the Crows is the right move if this is what they think he's worth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your club sucks if you don't fix the ruck deficiencies. Your club can't get players to move to SA. Your club has committed to him in a big way by offering a million dollar contract and first ruck spot.

Yes, we have a lot of confidence in Swann and Icke, you'll know why soon enough. But keep clutching at straws, it keeps us entertained.

Not suggesting these clowns aren't great at what they do - clearly they are. More an expression of amusement at how 2 administrators can be given such rock star status by a frustrated supporter evidently looking for an outlet for his competitive juices before the season proper kicks off in a few months.

Now that's entertainment!

I do think if the Crows keep this silliness up that it will go until Monday, but we will not settle for the second round pick. You need to learn more about Swann and Icke before you get too confident.

Do Swann and Icke make you all wet and Sticky

Agree with this, unless another club decides to make a play for him he'll be at the Blues next year. With Kruezers knee injury (Kruezer will most likely play forward on his return) Sam will definately play a big part in his tandem role with Warnock

Exactly. I find it interesting that we have Crows fans here telling us that we better trade Jacobs for their low-ball offer because he will be gone otherwise. Are we talking about the same Jacobs who has come out and said that he wont walk out on the team if we can't do a trade?

Walker and 18 to port for 16 and 2nd round.*
Jacobs and 16 to adel for 14 and 2nd round.*
Grigg to Richmond for bock compo.*

Total= 14, bock compo and 3 second rounds for blues to speculate on kpp.

Any thoughts

Why would Port give you pick 16? Are you trading Judd?

apparently walker is worth pick 16 lol :D

gotta love you guys :thumbsu:

Do all South Australians have problems reading??

I really wish the AFL stayed as the VFL so we wouldn't have these franchise teams around.

Walker and 18 to port for 16 and 2nd round.

Why would port give up a 2nd round pick and 16-->18 (which is where a few dregs of talent might be snapped up) for Walker unless Judd was on the table?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back