Toast Crows pushing for 60,000 members in 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

think this was from his interview last night. we already have 50,000 members for next year, and we are seriously pushing for 60,000

that is fantastic news

think this was from his interview last night. we already have 50,000 members for next year, and we are seriously pushing for 60,000

that is fantastic news

Considering our season, and Port's momentum over us with results/signings, Adelaide Oval has come at just the right time to get us our own momentum.

60,000 members really should translate to 40,000 crowds every week, without any excuses. Should be awesome.

I signed up as a member for the first time. I really wanted to tell them as I paying that me becoming a member no way endorses the current admin or excuse how they have ****ed up our club.

I don't want the admin to use the members boost to try and prove everything is hunky dory. I signed up to watch footy in the city and support the team, not the admin.

What spectacular spin.

Mr Smooth, have you ever contemplated why our average crowds have been falling but our membership has increased?

In the good old days members were defined as those who had purchased 11 game memberships. Let's add 3 game members, lnterstate members, pet members and suddenly we're looking good.

Did you happen to notice that Chappie may have inferred that we will have the largest loss (that's like the opposite of a profit) in the history of the club. If the world's best CEO can't get a spike when we move into a state of the art new stadium in the heart of the city then when will we?

What spectacular spin.

Mr Smooth, have you ever contemplated why our average crowds have been falling but our membership has increased?

In the good old days members were defined as those who had purchased 11 game memberships. Let's add 3 game members, lnterstate members, pet members and suddenly we're looking good.

Did you happen to notice that Chappie may have inferred that we will have the largest loss (that's like the opposite of a profit) in the history of the club. If the world's best CEO can't get a spike when we move into a state of the art new stadium in the heart of the city then when will we?

Ah, our membership has declined almost 6,000 since 2007, and has dropped 4 of the past 5 seasons. Exactly inline with our fall in attendances.

What spectacular spin.

When he moves on

What spectacular spin.

I guess its just easier to hang shit on the admin at every opportunity

To increase over 10000 members which equates to 20% in one year is excellent, no matter which way you look at it

Also as a side note - my understanding of roast was the good kind of roasting. I guess not having a negative demeanor meant that I was naive to it possibly being a bad thing.. :D

To increase over 10000 members which equates to 20% in one year is excellent, no matter which way you look at it

Also as a side note - my understanding of roast was the good kind of roasting. I guess not having a negative demeanor meant that I was naive to it possibly being a bad thing.. :D
I would think much of the increase could be put down to AO. Would be interesting to see what our membership was if we were still at AAMI, but we will never know.

The increase in membership cannot be attributed to the admin. Any admin could of got a membership spike with the move to the city, it sells itself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah, our membership has declined almost 6,000 since 2007, and has dropped 4 of the past 5 seasons. Exactly inline with our fall in attendances.

The membership figures across the whole of the AFL is bogus. Port Power had 40.000 "members" last year despite having less than 25,000 season ticket holders. The AFC has refused to provide information on season ticket holders since other clubs started to count 3 game memberships etc. The decline in season ticket members has been disguised by the new accounting. At our peak we had 48,000 season ticket holders including AAMI Stadium members, last year it was well below 40,000. We were late to the party in offering 3 game memberships, pretty soon we will have 1 game members.

I think Port latched on to this ages ago. After buying a ticket to the Port Showdown I started to receive heaps of stuff from PP suggesting I was part of OneClub.

Have we started selling pet memberships like the Hawks?

Hard to say since only the "members" are privy to the numbers.

The AFC has two members, John Olsen and Lee Whicker. The AFC present them with the financials and the pseudo members at the NotanAGM are given a sanitised summary

Have we started selling pet memberships like the Hawks?

We have for a couple of years :oops:

I think Chappy is using one of these to get the 60 000 figure

betty-crocker-cover_web.jpg

what relevance are financial statements to supporters?

I'll also suggest what is the point of making huge profits or profits at all? If you are getting the money to your football department that is required, why wouldn't you try and take advantage of AFL handouts by recording poor financial results?

I am assuming here that the football department costs are listed as expenses rather than a cost of good sold (or equivalent )

Well done. Amazing effort by the admin to use the ADelaide Oval to increase memberships.:rolleyes: WOuld love to see a break down of those numbers, between full season ticketed members and others. No doubt Trigg will get a bonus for getting us a reserve side and getting us to Adelaide Oval. Give me strength. Looking forward to our financial result as well.

honestly guys, if this was any other board, they would be celebrating.

us on the other hand, have decided to turn it into a negative.

typical of the tossers on this board..

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Crows pushing for 60,000 members in 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back