FTA-TV Curb Your Enthusiasm

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually prefer CYE to Seinfeld too. I watched all of Seinfeld first and only watched CYE because a friend recommended it, then I became hooked. I think its because of a combination of the swearing (for me anyway) and Larry going further than George in questioning social conventions. That's not to say I don't like Seinfeld, I rank it #2 behind CYE as my all time favourite comedy, or series even. Really can't wait for season 8 of CYE :thumbsu:

CYE is more rougher around the edges than Seinfeld

Your kids can watch Seinfeld, but I wouldnt recommend your kids watch CYE

Some people (simpletons) find it hard to laugh at comedies that dont have the live audience

to me they're completely different

the swearing
the live audience
the 90's and now
different networks

i love them both but for completely different reasons

having the real life seinfeld crew on curb
curbs references to what happened on seinfeld

curb isn't possible without seinfeld

What are you on about? Of course it is. :confused:

What are you on about? Of course it is. :confused:

The only way I would agree with that statement is that Curb would never have been created if Seinfeld didn't exist. But in terms os Curb referencing seinfeld? Nah, it hasn't happened a lot. Obviously the last season would not have been possible!

The only way I would agree with that statement is that Curb would never have been created if Seinfeld didn't exist. But in terms os Curb referencing seinfeld? Nah, it hasn't happened a lot. Obviously the last season would not have been possible!

Why do you say that?

Curb could have easily existed without seinfeld.

Why do you say that?

I am not saying that he needed Seinfeld to come up with the idea, but I would wonder how he would have gotten the opportunity/had the motivation to do it.

I 100% agree curb doesn't reference seinfeld as its focus for gags, but more, the whole show is about Larry David the creator of seinfeld, who gets to live a life making squillions of dollars and go on the silly little day to day adventures and the whole time you've got in the back of your mind, this is the real costanza without a swear filter

Why do you say that?

agree it would exist and still be hilarious, but the fact that he's got the costanza/seinfeld thing going for him makes it even funnier, so the show would have been completely different and i just dont think he would have been given the oppertunity

The outstanding characters, story lines and plots make the show.

agree with that as well

I 100% agree curb doesn't reference seinfeld as its focus for gags, but more, the whole show is about Larry David the creator of seinfeld, who gets to live a life making squillions of dollars and go on the silly little day to day adventures and the whole time you've got in the back of your mind, this is the real costanza without a swear filter

You know I am a ****, I didn't even consider that! the show would actually be pretty different you would think

(Log in to remove this ad.)

alright well if i sounded like a condescending douche there, that was unintentional

i just meant that every scene i watch ive always got in my mind, how he uses his real life experiences and used them as seinfeld episodes

alright well if i sounded like a condescending douche there, that was unintentional

i just meant that every scene i watch ive always got in my mind, how he uses his real life experiences and used them as seinfeld episodes

Nah haha not at all, The whole basis of the show would be different, just thought of that after you mentioned it.

Yet he cant seem to get rid of that wire in the back of his mansion :eek:

^ Would not got that far. I still have Seinfeld ahead of CYE, although the gap is closing.

Seinfeld is still ahead of CYE for me too. I love both shows and they are head and shoulders above any other US sitcoms, however Seinfeld has more classic episodes and characters.

Even over 10 years after it finished, people still quote and refer to Seinfeld. It was more than a TV show, it was a cultural phenomenon much like The Simpsons. Not sure CYE will be remembered in quite the same way in 10-15 years time.

Anyone else find Cheryl really hot?

really hot? nah.. as much as she's likeable.. hot, she ain't.

But Lucy Lawless is really the hottie in my eyes!!

Gotta love the LD charm!! :D pick up line worked a treat, that it was worth telling Ted Danson about!

[YOUTUBE]HQb1ZEYmZHc[/YOUTUBE]

btw.. I have the box set and can't understand why Season 7 hasn't been released Down Under yet.. WTF going on? :confused:

curb your enthusiasm is a much superior show to seinfeld. Everything about it is much better, the lack of laughing cues, the characters and story lines.

I can see where you're coming from but at the same time...it's LD humour with his character bleeding thru George. LOVE 'em both!!
Bewildering at the folk who can't see the connection between the two 'GREATEST COMEDIES OF ALL TIME'.

If you dare to compare shows.. do it with others that are (supposably) based in NYC like Sex & The City.. no contest I know.

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV Curb Your Enthusiasm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back