Team Mgmt. Current Contract Status (AFL & AFLW) - Updated in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Great news with pears signing up, still a lot of guys coming out of contract at seasons end. Some I think forever, but the focus must turn to guys like belly, melk, crameri, hardy. Oh boy..wowie their are so many. Where to start?

Heard a rumour that GWS had made an offer to Winderlich, but that it was taken off the table when he was injured. Anyone else hear this??:confused:

The way I see it,
Welsh, Dyson, Long, Daniher, Prismall and Williams are the clubs expendable players the moment, unless they prove their worth, which I think a few will. Wouldn't be surprised if Long or Daniher are delisted for them to be rookied.

Meanwhile, a lot of crucial players whose contracts run out this year that I think will sign on knowing there is a lot of upside. Among them, Bellchambers, Lonergan

Harsh call on Long, hasn't had much of an opportunity due to injury. I think he could be the ideal replacement for Heppel on a HBF, once Hepp moves into the midfield.

Possible 2012 and beyond backline *(assuming Fletch plays on) otherwise Myers

B: *Fletcher/Myers Pears Hardingham
HB: Hibberd Hooker Long

Nice blend of youth and experience as well as pace and hardness, this seems to be a well balanced backline. I suppose it depends on whether or not Longy actually makes it, if not Dempsey will slot into that LHBF role quite easily

I agree with the rest though :thumbsu:

Heard a rumour that GWS had made an offer to Winderlich, but that it was taken off the table when he was injured. Anyone else hear this??:confused:

No but I hope they offer it to him. I am sort of hoping that GWS do take a player from us (someone not very important). I cannot go through another year next year of this destabilising stuff going on. I would rather it happen now instead of the end of next year where it could harm our charge for the flag.

No but I hope they offer it to him. I am sort of hoping that GWS do take a player from us (someone not very important). I cannot go through another year next year of this destabilising stuff going on. I would rather it happen now instead of the end of next year where it could harm our charge for the flag.

:confused::confused:

Huh?
You know they can take one off us this year AND one off us next year, right?

Now get Hardingham, Melksham, Carlisle and Lonergan signed. Then I hope GWS picks someone up who is uncontracted.

Welsh and NLM are out of contract. I would keep NLM, delist/trade Welsh and also trade McVeigh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of the remaining players this is how I'd hope to see things go:

Keep:

Carlisle, Jake - 2011

Colyer, Travis - 2011
Fletcher, Dustin - 2011
Hardingham, Kyle - 2011
Lonergan, Sam - 2011
Melksham, Jake - 2011

Daniher, Darcy - 2011 (Rookie)
Long, Anthony - 2011 (Rookie)

Trade else Keep