Rumour Current high profile player serving 3 strikes ban

Remove this Banner Ad

But isn't covering up increasing the chances of more blokes ending up like Tuck? Hear me out here - it's all well and good for the AFL to do what they see is in the player's best interests - put him in to rehab, tell the club doctor, don't test him past two x's, help conceal it from the public. Fair enough and good on them.

But you know what would be the biggest deterrent to a young player starting out, thinking he is king shit? Watching a star like Franklin burn his career on coke. That would be in the playing groups best interests. An invaluable lesson on why to steer clear of drugs.

Instead, the AFL are more interested in the stars, and therefore themselves.
I would be very surprised if the consistent drug users were actually, physically, addicted to something. Cocaine is the drug of choice. The addictive properties of it are less than alcohol. And you won't have these guys using every single weekend. Maybe the idiots doing meth (still baffles me how extremely well connected young blokes with lots of money use that shit) are.

As for the police, yeah, right. I can tell you that isn't what got T Tuck done. And if it was the ultimate factor, a few blokes should've been thrown out, too. It was Tuck's lack of profile and ability to scapegoat with a few "what an idiots" above the Barassi Line, rather than "what a bunch of idiots" (as would occur if, y'know, a big name was stung).

I find it hard to believe since he was promoted to the 4 man leadership group this year.

Not to sound like a delusional pies fan but I'd agree with that. After the 2nd strike the club is informed? I wouldn't think Beams would get put into the leadership group if the club knew he was on his 2nd strike.

There are no secrets in footy, the AFL wouldn't be able to cover up a 3rd strike. It would get out.

I feel for blokes like Tuck. I know the cops found him in a car but its rough for the AFL to protect blokes like Beams and Buddy while throwing him to the wolves.

They've no doubt covered up bigger things before and will continue to do so.

It seems if you're caught by the cops, like Tuck and Michael Johnson, the AFL is quite prepared to lower the boom, yet if you're caught by their testers it's much easier to sweep it under the rug and store up trouble for further down the line.

Not to sound like a delusional pies fan but I'd agree with that. After the 2nd strike the club is informed? I wouldn't think Beams would get put into the leadership group if the club knew he was on his 2nd strike.

There are no secrets in footy, the AFL wouldn't be able to cover up a 3rd strike. It would get out.

I thought only the club doctor finds out at the 2nd strike and its up to the player if he wants the club to know at that stage.

The club are only told once the 3rd strike is registered which is why Kennett kicked up a stink when Tuck was done.

The club is not told after two. The team doctor is. Who can treat him privately and easily tell the football department it's a 'quad'.

However, now that I see Silent Alarm agrees with me, I'm thinking of changing my mind.

Might not be Beams on a 3 strikes, but my mate said he saw Beamsy doing some heavy shit during his off time (before preseason I presume). Was at Surfers and not many people know who Beams would have been, every chance he can get away with taking illicit substances. He would probably be on at least 1 strike or he informed the club of his party habits and they might have suspended him... ;)

Might not be Beams on a 3 strikes, but my mate said he saw Beamsy doing some heavy shit during his off time (before preseason I presume). Was at Surfers and not many people know who Beams would have been, every chance he can get away with taking illicit substances. He would probably be on at least 1 strike or he informed the club of his party habits and they might have suspended him... ;)

Seems legit.

Must be true

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might not be Beams on a 3 strikes, but my mate said he saw Beamsy doing some heavy shit during his off time (before preseason I presume). Was at Surfers and not many people know who Beams would have been, every chance he can get away with taking illicit substances. He would probably be on at least 1 strike or he informed the club of his party habits and they might have suspended him...

Yeah man i hear he can bench 120+

I can't believe any Collingwood supporters actually believe Beams quad has been 'injured' for half a year...

Is it that unbelievable? He was out for 4-5 weeks, came back too fast and re-injured it, out for another 6 weeks or so. Quads can be tricky. It's not impossible he's been 'rested' for strikes, but I don't see much evidence...

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Current high profile player serving 3 strikes ban

Remove this Banner Ad

Back