Customer Complaint

Remove this Banner Ad

Seeing as someone brought up maccas....

Yesterday, on the way home from the parents place, decided to let my boy have a bit of a run-around on the play equipment.

Went to the cafe, ordered a latte and an orange juice, went and sat down.

5 minutes later, seeing the girl thumbing through a book went back to the counter.

She said the machine needed cleaning and would bring them over to me when they were both done.

Went away, read the paper, watched him run around. 10 minutes passed.

Walked back around to the counter, thinking perhaps she couldn't find me, or had got busy or something.

She's reading the book again, ignores me for a good minute (eventually I give the polite *cough* despite being just a metre away directly in front of her) - she looks up and asks for my order.

I tell her I've been waiting near on 20 minutes, she suddenly remembers what happened, and says she accidentally keyed the order as complete, but forgot what I had asked for.

No apology, no attempt to work out what the order was, not even an attempt to ASK me what I had ordered when I came back to the counter.

Luckily the manager was there, who offered to make the coffee straight away. By this time my son had finished playing, so I asked for my money back - which turned into another issue, as the charge the manager rang up was different (less) than what I'd originally paid for.

I gave up, and left, having paid 80c for my son to use the equipment for 20 minutes. I'm not going to argue over 80c for christ sake, though I'm sure McDonalds would make more out of me from providing one piece of decent service than that paltry amount.

(vent over).

Now you may get pissed that they cannot read your mind and know that unlike the majority of people who don't take a ticket, you're not just browsing but really, all you need do is take a ticket. I never have trouble being served at a deli.

So you take a ticket even if there's no queue?
:rolleyes:

Usually the little display showing which number is next up is either switched off or not in sequence with the tickets (i.e. not being used) when there aren't many people shopping.
HHH is right, if he's standing there staring at the staff, clearly he's ready to be served. And if the deli chicks aren't sure they should ask him if he's ready to be served.

Usually the little display showing which number is next up is either switched off or not in sequence with the tickets (i.e. not being used) when there aren't many people shopping.
HHH is right, if he's standing there staring at the staff, clearly he's ready to be served. And if the deli chicks aren't sure they should ask him if he's ready to be served.

Orrrrrrr he could just take a ticket and we could avoid this whole conversation and have no risk of confusion at the deli. Problem solved.

Of course, it solves all the problems anyone whinges about. If on the slim chance they don't notice me straight away and someone else comes I still have my ticket, I have let them know I wish to be served again by taking a ticket.

But that's the thing, to me that is ****ing annoying. If I want help from a shop assistant, I'll ask for it. When they come and ask you either have to be ready then and there, tell them no not yet and then you have them either move on and you fall way back in the queue (in places where you don't have a ticket) or they hover around waiting for you to be ready.

My next pet hate is elderly people in express lanes with about 30-50 items crammed into 2 overflowing baskets. Now they know they have too many but seem to think because they're old and the items are only in baskets instead of a trolley then they can use the express lanes.
I'll have a go at them by being sarcastic and I know they can hear me but they act like they're old and deaf. The staff member on the checkout will look at all the items, then hear me having a crack at them, look a bit sheepish but then serve them anyway.

(I worked with Coles for 7-8 years in the 80s and early 90s)
wont work with me i tell them i am express and if they have more they should go to the full lanes not often i get caught , usually i think they hide second basket on me till i have already started scanning :thumbsdown:

even was closing once my door was shut how much more obvious that that lane was closed and had someone put their stuff down to be served ! even tried to ignore me but that did not work ! i went home for the night and he had to go to another checkout !

But that's the thing, to me that is ****ing annoying. If I want help from a shop assistant, I'll ask for it. When they come and ask you either have to be ready then and there, tell them no not yet and then you have them either move on and you fall way back in the queue (in places where you don't have a ticket) or they hover around waiting for you to be ready.

Even assuming you do grab a ticket, the chick has to press the button to call you up. In HHH's story they didn't do that, they just ignored him and kept talking. Unless you're expecting the customer to announce out loud that he has a ticket?

Lets be honest, if you're the only one around and they call up ticket x, you'll walk up to be served regardless of what ticket you're holding. So the whole ticket thing is ridiculous if there is no queue to begin with.

Even assuming you do grab a ticket, the chick has to press the button to call you up. In HHH's story they didn't do that, they just ignored him and kept talking. Unless you're expecting the customer to announce out loud that he has a ticket?

Lets be honest, if you're the only one around and they call up ticket x, you'll walk up to be served regardless of what ticket you're holding. So the whole ticket thing is ridiculous if there is no queue to begin with.

at my work there was no que and 1 person was being served a guy comes along ,
the lass was nearly finished with the first customer and the ticket number machine was off for some reason,
the guy asked why it was not on she said at the moment it was not working,
[ we had the roof flood the other day so water may have got in it ],
he if he wanted something, he was about to be served as no one else was there anyway for the need of the tickets ,
he said well if it is not working no point having this and ripped of the thing that had the tickets in it and walked off ,
me and a fellow worker were walking towards the deli when it happened and we could not believe what we saw he only had turned up had not been waiting at all so there was no need for what he did even if he was waiting .

they wonder why prices go up , we had to get someone in to re attach it !

Haha this pearler happened one day at a retail store i was working in.

To pick up stock from the back dock/receiving area you need to fill out paperwork and that gets transferred to the receiving staff so they are aware what type of stock is and to fill out a customer hold paper for it etc etc.

Anyway this customer purchased a chair and as we were filling out the paperwork and form for the customer to hand to the back dock staff my friend asks what her name is?

After she was calm and collected prior to this she burst into hysterics, what the f*** do you need my name for its not like the f***ing item has my name written all over it. She storms off and my mate says "Merry Christmas to you too love" and she flips him the bird and storms off.

I ring through the information we have to the back dock staff, where my other mate is working, and i inform him of the situation that had just occurred. He bursts out laughing and says i'll take good care of this ;)

Makes her wait a few minutes before opening the door and takes a bit of time saying he cant find the stock, and that he cant do anything as the information received is incomplete. Trying his utmost to infuriate her more, however she was all fine with it and happy... eventually after trying to f*** her around for a while he does the job loads the stock in the car and she gives him her name and fills out the customer pickup book and couldnt stop thanking him enough.

Big WTF!

The worst is McDonalds for idiot complaints, we had a customer who wanted 2 bits of bacon in his cheeseburger, which is fine except the front counter girl only put it through as 1, so he got it and said hey theres only 1 bit here, so was all fixed he payed another 50 cents or whatever it is, then i know for a fact i put 2 bits of bacon on, except the were stuck together, then we hear screaming and it flies past my head, the customer is screaming that his cheeseburger only has 1 bit og bacon and he wants a refund, For F**K sake isiot, if u gently pull and them theyll come apart.

We also had a woman complain her ice cream gave her brain freeze and that she wanted a new one

You guys cant get orders right. You deserve the abuse how hard is it to give fanta instead of coke my god the amount of times i ask for fanta and get coke instead.........

Sooo glad I'm out of the whole retail business area. I used to be a manager at a Maccas nearby, and some of the customers who came through were horrendous. I had one who refused to park because he believed it was a drive thru (fair enough point). But when what he is waiting for (3 Filet, we were waiting on fresh patties) takes 3 minutes and the car behind him only wants a cone, why the heck shouldn't he park? In the end I ran out the cone and refused to open the door to this nasty customer (he was swearing and abusing me) and explained it to the car behind, just said there might be a wait etc. He was understanding. The original customer waiting on his order became agitated that I did this, as he was there first (which is what he said) and therefore he should receive his order first. Point taken, but what the heck am I meant to do if there are no fish patties? He finally got his order, and asked for the store's phone number and address (I politely told him it was on his receipt) as he wanted details in case his order was wrong so he could sue. He wasn't kidding either...

Another time I was working, I had almost finished an overnight shift. I had 2 crew people on (a trainee on his 2nd shift and just a service person). So, the trainee was on back area BY HIMSELF (btw, this was at about 6.45am) and the other person was on the front counter. I was taking orders in drive thru, cashiering, as well as bagging the orders and handing them out. The trainee out the back didn't know how to make most of the items, so I had no choice but to send my only other crew person out the back...leaving me to do all three jobs. I had 25 minute drive thru times, customers screaming at me on front counter and some guys at the window saying that I was slow. I informed them of the situation, to which they replied that they didn't care and all they wanted was their food...fair enough, but ffs, have some friggen sympathy!!!!

The worst is McDonalds for idiot complaints, we had a customer who wanted 2 bits of bacon in his cheeseburger, which is fine except the front counter girl only put it through as 1, so he got it and said hey theres only 1 bit here, so was all fixed he payed another 50 cents or whatever it is, then i know for a fact i put 2 bits of bacon on, except the were stuck together, then we hear screaming and it flies past my head, the customer is screaming that his cheeseburger only has 1 bit og bacon and he wants a refund, For F**K sake isiot, if u gently pull and them theyll come apart.
Or you could have just separated the pieces of bacon. I don't know about everyone else, but I generally prefer my bacon side by side to achieve maximum coverage area. I mean, you wouldn't order a Subway and want them to put double bacon on half of your footlong and none on the other side. What would be the point in even paying extra for the bacon?

I used to telemarketing, selling wine. Was ok, very repetitive but got to speak to some interesting people. The worst complaint, was incredibly offensive and rude but said in such a joyful voice...actually seemed like a decent enough fella and we ended up speaking for about 10 minutes and I had a good chuckle afterwards because I wasnt officially associated with the winery and it didnt effect me.

His wife answered the phone and said 'hold on, hes out the back, ill just go get him'. Could hear her say 'Bill (cant remember his real name now), xxx winery is on the phone'...'oh ****ing great' I heard him say. Thought here we go, this should be interesting. So said how ya goin its macca19 from xxx winery, weve got you here on our mailing list so thought id give you a call and spiel spiel spiel' he interrupts and says 'wait wait wait...you sound like a nice fella so ill tell you straight....theres no ****ing way im gonna ****ing buy anymore ****ing wine from your ****ing winery ever...****ing...again. You mob of ***** ****ed me around something ****ing chronic last time i ordered. I ordered the last ****ing special that you had, did I ****ing get it? No I ****ing did not. I rang you ***** up and you ****ing said youd look into it and get back to me. Did I ****ing hear from ya? No i ****ing did not. So I ****ing rang back again a week later and you said that it had been delivered and that I should ****ing have it. Now im no ****ing ********, I ****ing would know if I recieved a case of ****ing wine on my ****ing door step. Then you ***** said youd send out a replacement. Did you ****ing send it? No you ****ing did it. So forgive me if I think you guys are full of shit and that I never ****ing buy any ****ing wine from you until this ****ing mess gets ****ing sorted.' Didnt really know how to respond to that so just said I apologise for the stuff ups, I didnt know about any of it and it sounds like a prick of a situation. he said 'yeah nothing against you fella, but the ***** you work for dont have a ****ing clue what the **** they're ****ing doing!'. Spoke for another 5 minutes or so after that. Most swearing ive heard in such a short amount of time. Couldnt help but laugh about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"f*** the f***ing f***ers."

(half time closing comment at reserves GF a few years back - played in a friends kindergarten class, as a student's father was the coach).

Just thought it fitted.

You guys cant get orders right. You deserve the abuse how hard is it to give fanta instead of coke my god the amount of times i ask for fanta and get coke instead.........

"Straws in the bag".

No it's not you stupid ****er.

Is this a Melbourne only thing? I've never come across it anywhere else. Makes very little sense. Putting it in a bag isn't exactly that much easier than putting it in the cup and if it's in the cup at least they don't ****ing forget it.

Swearing is contagious btw.

Working in retail is also a good way to elicit sexual desire from customers who want special treatment, layby favors, things held for them, refunds for damaged goods, etc etc.

Then again, I'm so physically/mentally attractive anyway that this happens all the time regardless of time/situation. Church, working in retail, as a customer, waiting at the bus stop, filling up my car with gas, walking the dog down the road, sitting in a waiting room, manager with a secretary, even from pure telephone conversations with call-center people, etc etc.

Anyway, carry on with the topic, just felt like stepping in to remind everyone how much of a god i am.

Hahaha GG those situations are things we the mere retailers pawns only dream of occurring as repayment for our efforts :p

Too often the customer doesnt appreciate the lengths retailers go for them. Whatever happened to scratching the backs of retailers in return?
Let it be heard then! I am the living proof, the Lamb that offers hope for all retail pawns.

Too often the customer doesnt appreciate the lengths retailers go for them. Whatever happened to scratching the backs of retailers in return?
Let it be heard then! I am the living proof, the Lamb that offers hope for all retail pawns.

The funny thing about my back is that its located on my **** :D

I posted this in another thread but it seems like it fits here too:

I used to manage a liquor store and the first thing the owner told me when I took over is that he would always back me in any dispute with customers because he understood how many d1ckheads you have to put up with.

One random story that comes to mind:

This lady came in to buy a $10 cask of wine. She handed me her card and asked me to make it up to $50 total. I went to hand her her $40 change and she got all aggro saying she had asked for $50.

I apologised and explained that I must have misunderstood - even though I was pretty sure the misunderstanding was on her behalf. I offered to do another cash out transaction if she needed the extra money.

Then she flipped out and started yelling and swearing at me about how I was trying to steal money off her even though I showed her the receipt. Probably a waste of time because I doubt she could read anyway.

So in the end I just said "Look, do you want your f**king money or not?" She launched one more tirade of abuse at me and stormed out with her cask.

So I just shrugged and put her $40 in my pocket.

The older generations are definitely difficult to deal with, I give you that. But i also know they're very lonely types, and often senile (ie, paranoid), and i do have a great respect for the elderly per se due to all theyve been thru....World Wars, growing up in difficult times, etc. But thats not to say i dont get aggravated by their idiosyncrasies.

One of the chicks in JB Hifi was giving me crap over Hawthorn's 0-2 record on saturday. My own fault for wearing a team polo shirt out and about, but i felt she could have been a bit more tactful.

On the flipside, has anyone who works in retail felt as though they were given poor service by another person who works in retail... if so, what was your course of action and their reaction ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Customer Complaint

Remove this Banner Ad

Back