Cuz will be On The Couch

Remove this Banner Ad

I wasn't sure about Cuz and whether it was the right thing bringing him to the Tigers, but he has swung my view, great interview, he came across as honest and admitting that he is still having to work hard at containing his addiction showed he isn't just talking out of his arse.

Totally won me over when he mentioned that he would always be in debt to the Tigers for giving him this opportunity, may be worth keeping him around after his career is over, he could be a big help not only with his football knowledge but also in helping the kids deal with the pressures of AFL footy.:thumbsu:

No point Richmond fans embracing Cousins too much.

He will look to resume ties with the West Coast Eagles once he retires and Richmond will be to him what Carton was to Mick Martyn or Cory McKernan.

Were you watching the same interview? he clearly stated he would like to stay in Melbourne and would love a role with the Tigers after his footy playing is over :rolleyes:

Does anyone watch The Today Show on 9? I usually see it from 6.30-7am before work, and the lead up to sports talk this morning was pathetic. It was something like: "And next on Sports Talk, Ben Cousins in hot water again. He SLAMS the AFL claiming 'they were out to get him'."

Crap isn’t it. Just like the headlines on the front page of today’s HUN

“Cousins shock outburst TO GET AFL WAS OUT TO GET ME”

:thumbsdown:

Does anyone watch The Today Show on 9? I usually see it from 6.30-7am before work, and the lead up to sports talk this morning was pathetic. It was something like: "And next on Sports Talk, Ben Cousins in hot water again. He SLAMS the AFL claiming 'they were out to get him'." Ok normally I like Carl, but that was bs. They backpedaled when they actually spoke about it and showed the footage where Cuz explains why he felt that way, but geez they love to flip shit. No wonder he rarely does interviews.

You know what..One of the most profound things Cuz said in the interview (towards the end) was that the most disapointing things about this whole ordeal was how the media could have used his story as an example to help other people with addiction problems but instead decided to turn everything around and slam him at every oppotunity!! What a missed opportunity!

Ms C Wilson calls herself a Richmond person at every oppotunity on Footy Classifides..

Are you reading this sniper20 ????

That's exactly what I was thinking when watching it, like a cheeky little kid. Hopefully just a subconscious thing he does.. I don't know.

it's almost subconscious, it's kind of a serious face but to show he is happy at the same time if you know what i mean

he does it all the time

Yeah good interview. I back him to gain another contract tbh. In comparison to last year his output is 10 times better this season. I think he will hit top gear after 3 games in a row, from then on will be 20+ poss a game and will have greater impact on the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He will look to resume ties with the West Coast Eagles once he retires

Highly doubt benny will ever come back to the WCE, i thinks there will be too much awkwardness between him and the board, coaches etc. Another thing is he hardly knows the team now, only a few players left from when Benny was at the club.

Really hope he does come back tho, but just won't happen:(

After watching it on youtube i thought that he was a tiger now even though the eagles were a big part of his life.

if he gets the body right and plays like he played last season, then another year is ok, we arnt gonna a win a flag next year and the minus of a kid not getting a game or two is outweighed by his mentoring.

it's almost subconscious, it's kind of a serious face but to show he is happy at the same time if you know what i mean

he does it all the time
I think that it is why people didn't rate his first press conference apology back when it all came to a head. He had that same little smirk on his face as he read his statement and a lot of commentators read that as arrogant and he was not taking it seriously.

Maybe it is a nervous habit or just the way he is. I think he was fairly forthcoming with a lot of things but guarded about others. He obviously is not comfortable in front of a camera and maybe people need to take that into consideration when analyzing his body language.

Healy's questions were fine.

But his comment at the end when wrapping up the interview was just straight up rude.

There is no need to say he probably won't play next year, he should just say "good luck for the rest of the year and hopefully next year too" or something along those lines.

I would have liked to hear James Hird be part of the interview, I generally agree with everything Sir Jim has to say.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cuz will be On The Couch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back