VFL Wildcard Round v Williamstown, Sunday August 25, 12:00pm AEST, DSV Stadium - Live On 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam Davison is an interesting player. He uses the ball really well and the ball always seems to bounce right for him or ricochet off somebody straight into his hands and you think he is the luckiest player around. But he does it every week.

He seems like the sort of player who would be better with better players around him. Wish he got more of it, but I would not be against giving him a preseason at AFL level.

Archie May is a maybe, but we have Lefau and Grey on our list, so having another maybe players might be one to many. Really hope we draft a key forward like Shanahan early, a natural marking mobile forward.

Sam Davison is an interesting player. He uses the ball really well and the ball always seems to bounce right for him or ricochet off somebody straight into his hands and you think he is the luckiest player around. But he does it every week.

He seems like the sort of player who would be better with better players around him. Wish he got more of it, but I would not be against giving him a preseason at AFL level.

Archie May is a maybe, but we have Lefau and Grey on our list, so having another maybe players might be one to many. Really hope we draft a key forward like Shanahan early, a natural marking mobile forward.
Sam will have a great AFL career ...

at Essendon lol ... just made no sense why we didn't give him the back end of the year on the AFL list to develop as a full time footballer

Sam will have a great AFL career ...

at Essendon lol ... just made no sense why we didn't give him the back end of the year on the AFL list to develop as a full time footballer
Bit like Matthew Liptak, not sure Sam would be balls deep in wanting an AFL career at the expense of his medical journey

What a shit-show that was. When our AFL listed players are exposed by VFL players it tells you the state of our list, diabolical.
That is why they are playing VFL. Young kids like Dow and Sonsie were drafted like all kids with a bit of promise and hope that they develop, some do, some don't. It's no shame to lower your colours to some of the good VFL players, who missed the boat but keep developing as players. Both look like busts, that's footy.

I would Rookie May , but I still think he’s just a very good VFL player .He deserves a shot , but I fear he maybe a Kosi mkII. There’s a reason why Toce picked Gray as he has way more upside.
Davidson I wouldn’t waste my time on as he plays like a flat track bully . Doesn’t chase , gives up easily misses tackles and is a show pony. Goes missing when it gets hard in the clinches.
Go to the draft first and assess our list afterwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL Wildcard Round v Williamstown, Sunday August 25, 12:00pm AEST, DSV Stadium - Live On 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Back