D1 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crap rule, ran by an even worse tribunal.

Suspension Happy. Everyone pays. No one is innocent.

Well from what I saw his 2 week suspension was overdue! If you're one of the guns in the comp you're going to get attention but that doesn't mean you can just haul of and belt blokes!

Best surface without doubt Friars!

Went and watched St leos V Friars on Saturday and have to say came away shaking my head about the talent in the bottom team of D1. They have some beauties 17,16,15,1,10 & 22 are really talented. They took hangers everywhere but just probably suffered a bit with a lack of talls in their backline - D1 astonishingly even

Well from what I saw his 2 week suspension was overdue! If you're one of the guns in the comp you're going to get attention but that doesn't mean you can just haul of and belt blokes!

Best surface without doubt Friars!

Went and watched St leos V Friars on Saturday and have to say came away shaking my head about the talent in the bottom team of D1. They have some beauties 17,16,15,1,10 & 22 are really talented. They took hangers everywhere but just probably suffered a bit with a lack of talls in their backline - D1 astonishingly even

I wasnt talking specifically about Cam Lee incident, i wasnt there and didnt see what happened. However, it seems as soon as you get reported, even if the umpires get it wrong, you seem to get a suspension no matter what. No one is ever found innocent. If you make the Toorak Toffs get off thier ar$es and have to sit a tribunal on a Tuesday Night, your guilty of being a pain in thier ar$e, so your going to get weeks.

And the fact that people have to front the tribunal if they are the victim or face suspension themselves is a waste of time for player & tribunal. The Tribunal are delerious with power.

I wasnt talking specifically about Cam Lee incident, i wasnt there and didnt see what happened. However, it seems as soon as you get reported, even if the umpires get it wrong, you seem to get a suspension no matter what. No one is ever found innocent. If you make the Toorak Toffs get off thier ar$es and have to sit a tribunal on a Tuesday Night, your guilty of being a pain in thier ar$e, so your going to get weeks.

And the fact that people have to front the tribunal if they are the victim or face suspension themselves is a waste of time for player & tribunal. The Tribunal are delerious with power.

Yeah I reckon that's right. WHile it's good to have a low tolerance to reportable offences umpires like all of us are human and make mistakes! No one ever walks away from EP a free man!

I had a pretty good view of it - was standing about 3 metres away on the correct side of the action (on the outside of the fence :D).

Impact - low
Contact - high
Conduct - reckless
In play? - hmmm doubtful, I think the ball had run out of bounds, and they were already wrestling.

Would be borderline reprimand/1 week at AFL level. Here in the VAFA, you never get less than 2 weeks for a strike, even if it's a minor jab, which this one was.

As for Jack's statement, the odd player manages to walk away from the tribunal with a charge not made out, but probably only 5-10% of the time in my estimation. We had one thrown out last year, whilst 2 were upheld.

Best grounds in D1 are Whitefriars (with a brilliant bullet) and OMs.
Funnily enough, both school grounds with full-time curators and no public access for social sport/dog exercising.

Hmm.......must be something in that.

I had a pretty good view of it - was standing about 3 metres away on the correct side of the action (on the outside of the fence :D).

Impact - low
Contact - high
Conduct - reckless
In play? - hmmm doubtful, I think the ball had run out of bounds, and they were already wrestling.

Would be borderline reprimand/1 week at AFL level. Here in the VAFA, you never get less than 2 weeks for a strike, even if it's a minor jab, which this one was.

As for Jack's statement, the odd player manages to walk away from the tribunal with a charge not made out, but probably only 5-10% of the time in my estimation. We had one thrown out last year, whilst 2 were upheld.

Funnily enough, both school grounds with full-time curators and no public access for social sport/dog exercising.

Soldiers is holding up better than previous years. Grass not fully dead yet. If the rain holds off it will make Saturdays game an absolute blinder.

there was more talk of the werribee v rupo game two weeks ago then what there has been in the days leading up to it ??

both young up and comming sides with both sides looking forward to a really good contest, very tuff to pick a winner - rupo 8-0, bees 6-2 at the home of the bees, rupo just 3pts.

nobs must win to keep the door open to sneek into that fouth spot,

friars and oms must win to keep nobs at bay,

and the biggest of them all, south lose d2 beckons ?

big, big week, D1 footy is alive and well.

Werribee V Rupertswood by 30 points
North Old Boys V ESL by 25 points
SMD V Fitzroy by 65 points
OM V Prahran by 18 points
Whitefriars V Aquinas by 41 points

- the year will be all but over this week for ESL, Aquinas, SMD and Prahran, and possibly North Old Boys if they slip again this week or next week.
- Good thing in Amateurs still plenty to play for in avoiding D2!

Impact - low
Contact - high
Conduct - reckless

Keysie does get a fair bit of traffic through it, its more the unrestricted access to bore water that keeps it in such good nick. Plus the ground we play on isnt actually the one we train on.....very lucky with the facilities.

Gee.. very astute kingbrown. The three years you lost, teams were better than you?.. Great observation... I think you sum up the attitude out there "not a bad effort getting to grand finals'... That attitude has landed you back in D1. Enjoy the home and away season. Im sure you will finish on top.

Observation....
True, Roopo have no flags, but here's something to ponder.....
They have no big names, no outside recruits and no ex AFL players coming out of retirement just for the finals series.
Just a very young club playing the game in the truest sense of the ammo comp. Damned good effort really !!

Observation....
True, Roopo have no flags, but here's something to ponder.....
They have no big names, no outside recruits and no ex AFL players coming out of retirement just for the finals series.
Just a very young club playing the game in the truest sense of the ammo comp. Damned good effort really !!
Will have 22 sets of dummies/passifiers for staurday's game.
Give it a rest with "a very young side". Your not the only club that has a very young side and no big names, no outside recruits etc.
Just get on and play footy

Will have 22 sets of dummies/passifiers for staurday's game.
Give it a rest with "a very young side". Your not the only club that has a very young side and no big names, no outside recruits etc.
Just get on and play footy

Westy, interesting reply. It said nothing about young side, it clearly said young "club". Believe it or not, there is a difference. Also, dont assume an observation means it is my club "Your not the only club....". You should know what they say about the word "assume".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Westy, interesting reply. It said nothing about young side, it clearly said young "club". Believe it or not, there is a difference. Also, dont assume an observation means it is my club "Your not the only club....". You should know what they say about the word "assume".
So we are not playing the club. So who the hell are we playing on Saturday? Players, Officials, Umpies! Surely we are talking about PLAYERS, which constitutes side/club.
Get off the fence and say what you REALLY want to say

Was walking me 3 week old staffy out at keysie playing fields last night and noticed one J Banton training with the panthers. Is it official he has left shark park? If so all the best to my old friend banto.

Baz

So we are not playing the club. So who the hell are we playing on Saturday? Players, Officials, Umpies! Surely we are talking about PLAYERS, which constitutes side/club.

No fence sitting here, said what I wanted to say. You are not playing the Club, you are playing a side from the Club. Last time I checked, Roopo had 15+ sides in the club.
A young Club is one that has not been around a long time, and therefore has not established an old boys or retired player network, which everyone knows is very important to any club. Nothing to do with the age of the current playing group.
Roopo have earned respect from some outsiders for what they have achieved in a very short time frame in a comp as strong as the ammos.
Put a thought out there, see who bites. Hook, line and sinker I'd say !!

No fence sitting here, said what I wanted to say. You are not playing the Club, you are playing a side from the Club. Last time I checked, Roopo had 15+ sides in the club.
A young Club is one that has not been around a long time, and therefore has not established an old boys or retired player network, which everyone knows is very important to any club. Nothing to do with the age of the current playing group.
Roopo have earned respect from some outsiders for what they have achieved in a very short time frame in a comp as strong as the ammos.
Put a thought out there, see who bites. Hook, line and sinker I'd say !!
As I previously said "you're not alone" Have a look at Werribee's existence!
Anyway enough of this and lets get onto tomorrow.
How will Roopo win and by how much?

WEST, you will most likely get done on Saturday, sit down

Thanks for the vote of confidence "most likely" which indicates to me that its still 50/50.

Not quite sure where you completed your VCE, but my interpretation of most likely in terms of a percentage would be 80/20.

Good luck - hope you do roll them, someone needs to. But chirp up after you have mate.

Not quite sure where you completed your VCE, but my interpretation of most likely in terms of a percentage would be 80/20.

Good luck - hope you do roll them, someone needs to. But chirp up after you have mate.
Thanks. We have a secret weapon. We've hired Judy Moran to "TAKE CARE" of some of the opposition players:D

As I previously said "you're not alone" Have a look at Werribee's existence!
Anyway enough of this and lets get onto tomorrow.
How will Roopo win and by how much?

Cheers. Me thinks Tigers in a close game that will be hard fought. Both sides keen to get that mental edge for last half of the season.

Cheers. Me thinks Tigers in a close game that will be hard fought. Both sides keen to get that mental edge for last half of the season.
We need to apply pressure on the ball carrier and be accountable and it will be a great contest.
Looking forward it:)

We need to apply pressure on the ball carrier and be accountable and it will be a great contest.
Looking forward it:)

Wise words WESTY, if only all players were capable of following those instructions. ;)

This one will show whether there is a gap between the top side and the chasing pack.

Wise words WESTY, if only all players were capable of following those instructions. ;)

This one will show whether there is a gap between the top side and the chasing pack.

Rupo for mine Werribee will have trouble with their talls Brennan & Smerdon. Will be a cracker game though -Rupo by 22 points!

Big day at Friar Park with a huge luncheon at which Jack will partake in some delightful bevvies the boys are fired up - Friars by 24 points

Couldn't believe Emmaus last week they will trouble NOBS but surely this is too important to NOBS - 14 point winners

SMD v FFC will be a close contest my brain says the Roys but I feel an upset in the wind - SMD by 4 points

OM will flog Prahan - 63 points OM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back