D1 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With very little to judge from, barring the banter on here, here are my tips:

OMs over NOBS - 4 goals
St Leos over Aquinas - 2 goals
Districts in a thriller at soldiers - 1 pt
Reds over Prahran - 10 goals (sorry fellas, think they will be a strong outfit this year)
Rupa to beat Whitefriars - 1 pt (This will be interesting cos i know absolutely nothing about either side)

OMs over NOBS - 4 goals
Reds over Prahran - 10 goals (sorry fellas, think they will be a strong outfit this year)
Rupa to beat Whitefriars - 1 pt (This will be interesting cos i know absolutely nothing about either side)

NOBS over OM's by 17 points
Leos over Bloods by 29 points
SMD to draw with the Tigers
Reds over Prahran by 48 points
Rupa over Friars by 39 points

OMs over NOBS - 4 goals

That says it all !!!!!:thumbsdown::confused:

That says it all !!!!!:thumbsdown::confused:
what does it say then ??
that he respects his opponents ability as footballers ??
that its gonna be a good hard game ??
and when the final siren goes were gonna have 1 more point on the score board then werribee ??
as a team mate id much rather my teammates sayin that were gonna get up by a kick rather then 10goals at least i know there heads are switched on and there ready for 1 hell of a match cause thats exactly what its gonna be werribee at home no matter what comp or grade u in is always tough.....

that says it all!!!!!

what does it say then ??
that he respects his opponents ability as footballers ??
that its gonna be a good hard game ??
and when the final siren goes were gonna have 1 more point on the score board then werribee ??
as a team mate id much rather my teammates sayin that were gonna get up by a kick rather then 10goals at least i know there heads are switched on and there ready for 1 hell of a match cause thats exactly what its gonna be werribee at home no matter what comp or grade u in is always tough.....

that says it all!!!!!
can anyone tell me if speedster peter tessario will be brought straight into the line up for old mentonians this weekend! he will definitly add some dash to the foward line and some goal kicking power! he has had a sensational pre season plenty of speed work was done running from ene to end of the hungry jacks drive through while carrying whoppers in both hands and one in his mouth! fantastic work and should reap the benefits of a big pre season!

I love it when Werribee get ahead of themselves. You watch if they beat SMD on sat the will be saying there world beaters.

Does prelim 2007 ring any bells WEST?

I don't think Westy or Werribee are getting ahead of themselves, not too sure how you read your way into that.

Westy's post was misguided cos he tried to combine two completely different subjects and make them one.

Andplease don't mention the 2007 prelim final please, it's probly still killing the blokes who played on marty costello

I love it when Werribee get ahead of themselves. You watch if they beat SMD on sat the will be saying there world beaters.

Yeah it rings alot of bells Keals. I can assure you on behalf of all concerned at Tigerland that we have our feet firmly planted on the ground and understand the long road ahead. Obviously we are looking forward to a new challenge and that all starts Saturday. Not happy bout our new social rooms not being ready though. Think our builder must be on an Hourlyrate rater than a fixed price.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Yeah it rings alot of bells Keals. I can assure you on behalf of all concerned at Tigerland that we have our feet firmly planted on the ground and understand the long road ahead. Obviously we are looking forward to a new challenge and that all starts Saturday. Not happy bout our new social rooms not being ready though. Think our builder must be on an Hourlyrate rater than a fixed price.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Two years ago there was a new building up by the ground at soldiers? is there another?

Can we please not bring up Marty in that game. Whisper was that he dragged back a group of mates, unlucky not to be there the first time, back to the ground a couple of weeks later to show them exactly how he had gone about kicking each goal...

Two years ago there was a new building up by the ground at soldiers? is there another?

Can we please not bring up Marty in that game. Whisper was that he dragged back a group of mates, unlucky not to be there the first time, back to the ground a couple of weeks later to show them exactly how he had gone about kicking each goal...

Thats is not a rumour it is fact. Pitty he hasnt replicated that form since but my spies tell me the reverand has sat him down and had a long chat to him about his wiked ways and his head is back on footy.
No more Kevin 07 for the moose

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With that sort of arrogance Keals, I beg the differ on who is getting ahead of themselves..........

I don't think Westy or Werribee are getting ahead of themselves, not too sure how you read your way into that.

Westy's post was misguided cos he tried to combine two completely different subjects and make them one.

Andplease don't mention the 2007 prelim final please, it's probly still killing the blokes who played on marty costello

Dont worry it's grown old on us to. The goals have become further out and im pretty sure he's convinced he kicked one from Nepean Highway.

Boys, Boys , Boys all I was trying to say was that Werribee will beat SMD. I think the long break has made all of you Testy. We never look back as you can't change history, but we can create history.

... and in a praccy!!!!

Goodness me. Oh for the days of the VAFA putting detailed descriptions up on the website.

Yep 7 weeks is a big penalty which apparently came from a retaliation and a punch landing better then expected and causing quite a deal of damage to the Mazenod player. Unfortunate for our guy as he is a quality player who will be on the sidelines for half a season due to a moment of madness. It will be interesting to see what happens to Mazenod as apparently their chairman of selectors jumped the fence and dropped our player - keep your eyes on the VAFA website.

Really looking forward to the game on Saturday being back at Friar Park and hopefully (definitely) putting up a better effort then last we met Rupo there. Ground is in great condition and will be an absolute treat for the clash on Saturday.

My tips for what they are worth

Friars 10 points over Rupo
St Leos 19 points over Aquinas
Werribee 50 points over SMD
NOBS 3 points over OM
Reds 45 points over Prahan

But this is all a guess from what has been said on this forum although looking at last year it would appear that Werribee are going to be very strong and unfortunately SMD with interrupted pre-season may take a while to get going.

Aquinas have lost a lot of older players top EFL but will be good with their young u/19's coming through so may also take some time to settle.

Prahan had players last year playing that I played against in mid to late 90's so they must be struggling to attract youth. With quality like Greenham leaving that will also hurt them, it may be a long season, but they are a great club and one that we have had plenty of bayttles with.

Don't know a lot about NOBS excepot from 2 years ago when we played them and they were pretty good then so expect them to be strong and don't know anything about OM except the older guys from St Bedes who have come across, can't split these 2 so will go with home team.

The Reds and Prahran play at Brunswick Street this week, for the Latte Cup. I think we hold that at the moment, but not 100% sure.

Should be an interesting clash as it will be the first time that either team has kicked a footy on Brunswick Street Oval this year. With the merger of the Reds and Fitzroy Footy Club going through late last year there's been plenty of hype and plenty of media, so I am expecting a bumper crowd for the day. Should be a great day of local footy (with hopefully 2 wins for the home side now in blue shorts).

Well Im having a crack at Round 1 tips with very little to go on

NOBS hosting OM's - only have that Werribee praccy game to go on but I think OM's can get this on the road. OM's by 24 points

Werribee host SMD - I saw a heap of Werribee last year and they towelled us up in the finals - Sorry Harps but they are much improved from 2007. Werribee by 42 points

Fitzroy hosting Prahran at BSO - big crowd, lots of Scribes on this thread - hard to go past the Lions/Red/Roys especially as they finished a fair bit higher than the Two Blues last year. Fitzroy by 30 points

Big game with the ex-C Graders squaring off. Always alot of travel with Rupy involved for one of the teams and this time I think the Friars at home will win in a clash of likely D1 heavyweights. Friars by 24 points

Finally ESL to try and stay up in D1 against rivals Aquinas - again we were a fair way off them in 2007 when we last played but i think we can sneak over the line at home in an upset. ESL by 1 point

Pretty sure Ive tipped 5 from 5 but we'll see on Sat evening!

NOBS hosting OM's - only have that Werribee praccy game to go on but I think OM's can get this on the road. OM's by 24 points

Werribee host SMD - I saw a heap of Werribee last year and they towelled us up in the finals - Sorry Harps but they are much improved from 2007. Werribee by 42 points

Fitzroy hosting Prahran at BSO - big crowd, lots of Scribes on this thread - hard to go past the Lions/Red/Roys especially as they finished a fair bit higher than the Two Blues last year. Fitzroy by 30 points

Big game with the ex-C Graders squaring off. Always alot of travel with Rupy involved for one of the teams and this time I think the Friars at home will win in a clash of likely D1 heavyweights. Friars by 24 points

Finally ESL to try and stay up in D1 against rivals Aquinas - again we were a fair way off them in 2007 when we last played but i think we can sneak over the line at home in an upset. ESL by 1 point

Good to see you up and about for the new year Drifter! Best of luck to the Leos!!!

Yep 7 weeks is a big penalty which apparently came from a retaliation and a punch landing better then expected and causing quite a deal of damage to the Mazenod player. Unfortunate for our guy as he is a quality player who will be on the sidelines for half a season due to a moment of madness. It will be interesting to see what happens to Mazenod as apparently their chairman of selectors jumped the fence and dropped our player - keep your eyes on the VAFA website.

Really looking forward to the game on Saturday being back at Friar Park and hopefully (definitely) putting up a better effort then last we met Rupo there. Ground is in great condition and will be an absolute treat for the clash on Saturday.

My tips for what they are worth

Friars 10 points over Rupo
St Leos 19 points over Aquinas
Werribee 50 points over SMD
NOBS 3 points over OM
Reds 45 points over Prahan

But this is all a guess from what has been said on this forum although looking at last year it would appear that Werribee are going to be very strong and unfortunately SMD with interrupted pre-season may take a while to get going.

Aquinas have lost a lot of older players top EFL but will be good with their young u/19's coming through so may also take some time to settle.

Prahan had players last year playing that I played against in mid to late 90's so they must be struggling to attract youth. With quality like Greenham leaving that will also hurt them, it may be a long season, but they are a great club and one that we have had plenty of bayttles with.

Don't know a lot about NOBS excepot from 2 years ago when we played them and they were pretty good then so expect them to be strong and don't know anything about OM except the older guys from St Bedes who have come across, can't split these 2 so will go with home team.

Jack when you say big penalty I assume you mean "fair", and I guess when you say "punch landing better then expected", I assume you meant to say king hit, off the ball without the other player watching. I am guessing he pleaded guilty so maybe he was lucky after all rather than being the unfortunate one. Oh.. that might be the player he hit.

Welcome back Drifter...

Good luck to your boys this year. Playing ESL over the last couple of rounds last year I think has caused a healthy rivalry. Look forward to seeing that continue.

I also think you guys will win this week. You seem to have a fortress down there, where you never get beaten!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back