D1 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was our first night in paradise as we had a few beers and listened carefully to selected sides for round 1. Hopefully it will be saturday in paradise as we embark on our ressurection from relegation. What i will say is everything is in place, more importantly our reserves side looks very strong which will help as the year goes on. Our senior team has performed excellent in the praccy matches, so we are pretty confident.

I am not a tipster, but i will tip a Rupppppo senior and reserves win on Saturday by a combined total of 3 pts.

Tips for this week:

OM should be able to get past a fairly ordinary NOBS outfit. OM by 4 goals.

ESL will get off to a good start in D1 with a comfortable win against the nearly relegated Aquinas. ESL by 35

Werribee are tough to beat at Soldiers, and despite SMD thinking they have the wood over them, I reckon the Bees will keep on moving up. Werribee by 5 goals.

Fitzroy will start the year with a win, but not sure how many they'll have. Could this be an early relegation battle? Fitzroy by 2 points.

Friars and Rupo are both desperate to start their seasons well, so can imagine this game will be a cracker. Friars at home by ten points...but only cos it's at home for em.

Good luck to all

Jack when you say big penalty I assume you mean "fair", and I guess when you say "punch landing better then expected", I assume you meant to say king hit, off the ball without the other player watching. I am guessing he pleaded guilty so maybe he was lucky after all rather than being the unfortunate one. Oh.. that might be the player he hit.

Is it a king hit when you whack someone who's giving you kidney punches? How was he not watching? When you're giving kidney punches you probably should expect that a punch might be coming your way. Obviously not the brightest bloke down at Mazenod.

Werribee are tough to beat at Soldiers, and despite SMD thinking they have the wood over them, I reckon the Bees will keep on moving up. Werribee by 5 goals.
quote]

Not at soldiers we dont. I have played there 3 times and im 0 - 3.

It's a sure thing then! :D

Is it a king hit when you whack someone who's giving you kidney punches? How was he not watching? When you're giving kidney punches you probably should expect that a punch might be coming your way. Obviously not the brightest bloke down at Mazenod.
Well it is Mazenod, what do you expect? :D

Well it is Mazenod, what do you expect? :D
They are probably thinking exactly the same. Anyway if you think you bloke was victimised I am sure you can appeal to the VAFA and use your kidney punch theory. Take note everyone in D1, if you tap a WF player be ready !!!

They are probably thinking exactly the same. Anyway if you think you bloke was victimised I am sure you can appeal to the VAFA and use your kidney punch theory. Take note everyone in D1, if you tap a WF player be ready !!!
Whilst every team in C Grade better keep an eye out for Mazenod committee members for when the players on the field start something they cant finish on their own :p

Whilst every team in C Grade better keep an eye out for Mazenod committee members for when the players on the field start something they cant finish on their own :p

Havent been around the Ammos for a few years but always keep an eye on the scores. If St Bedes hold the record for the fastest elevation through the grades then surely Whitefriars must hold the record for the fastest demotion through the grades?? After reading some of the last few posts about on field behaviour it's not hard to see why.

Havent been around the Ammos for a few years but always keep an eye on the scores. If St Bedes hold the record for the fastest elevation through the grades then surely Whitefriars must hold the record for the fastest demotion through the grades?? After reading some of the last few posts about on field behaviour it's not hard to see why.

Whitefriars are a good club, stuck with their coach and do believe they can move back up. Eddie is an embarrasment to their club, his posts are always about how "crap" everyone else is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking forward to Rupo's clash with Whitefriars tomorrow. The ground has been talked up so I'm expecting to see a bowling green. Not sure what will happen. No bold predictions concerning the results. Just hoping for a couple of wins.

My song of the week: 'Instant Karma'.

Bailey wherever you have been why don't you go back. Consider the fact that the best players from Whitefriars College are automatically lured by EDFL clubs for the $$$$$, have a look in 1st division and you will see players at Vermont, Blackburn (8 regular senior players) & Croydon. Then we have to put up with div 2 & 3 clubs throwing money around as well. So glean what you can from an online forum and make your ridiculous assumptions.

Hope you have a great season ahead you loser I would have thought that rd1 would have been more interesting then potting a club you know nothing about.

Looking forward to hosting Rupo tomorrow from the sounds of it will be 2 really good games, hopefully I can leave with 6 stubbies more then I came with, good luck KB!!

Bailey wherever you have been why don't you go back. Consider the fact that the best players from Whitefriars College are automatically lured by EDFL clubs for the $$$$$, have a look in 1st division and you will see players at Vermont, Blackburn (8 regular senior players) & Croydon. Then we have to put up with div 2 & 3 clubs throwing money around as well. So glean what you can from an online forum and make your ridiculous assumptions.

Hope you have a great season ahead you loser I would have thought that rd1 would have been more interesting then potting a club you know nothing about.

Looking forward to hosting Rupo tomorrow from the sounds of it will be 2 really good games, hopefully I can leave with 6 stubbies more then I came with, good luck KB!!

No need for the personal attack Jack, I was merely just stating the facts. I wish the Whitefriars Football Club every success in arresting the relegation slide and hope that today's thrashing was just an abberation

werribee made south look very ordinary today, cheers to the bloke from south still giving lip when they were 120pts down - u r a tool

werribee made south look very ordinary today, cheers to the bloke from south still giving lip when they were 120pts down - u r a tool
Aquinas had a good win today agst St Leos, tight 1st half but the bloods superior fitness saw them run out 5 goal victors.Great win for the bloods as St Leos don't lose very often at home.And after reading all the dribble on the thread about how bad Aquinas is a very satisfying win with some handy players watching on for the bloods.

Its not like us Werribee folk to make anything any easier on those getting pumped at Soldiers Reserve is it... lol:p

Well done to the tiger boys. Sending out a strong signal early.

It's a good sign that our supporters care mate. Better them still having a crack when where getting flogged than kicking us while where down and maybe not turning up to watch. I think that us fighting it out to the end and getting a few goals late is a better sign than giving up and losing by 180 points.

Didn't hear to much from the Werribee blokes in the early game did we?

Onto the game Tigers play a very exciting game, they just ran us off our legs all day. Very unselfish side who reward the runners. SMD had every player down today, so we know we can only get better and we will.

Solid wins for both teams. Whitefriars put pressure on and made Rupo work hard for both wins. Condition of ground excellent, good to run on and true bounce.

Several reserve players pushing for senior selection and deserve the opportunity.

Song of the week for the second round: 'Short People'.

Having ripped my calf apart umpiring the 2's in the first 5 minutes, i preceded to be in pain most of the day watching a couple of very good quality games of footy. Obviously we a very happy to take the 4pts, i don't know that many sides will take the points over their, IMO they are a very good side and probably will get better. On our front it was like old times with our fast runners, so it was great to see both sides play so well, we were confident.

The ground at whitefriars is bloody outstanding, very much as good as Monash, so whoever goes their is in for a treat.

Jack come good with the 6 cans (VB actually), but still remains mysterious, the cans were at the bar for me to take. Jack, am happy to have another 6 pack on the game at Rupo, anyone willing to have a 6 pack with me is welcome over the year.

Go Ruppppo

KB. Thought you stepped in a hole and sprained an ankle. I shared your pain when I saw it was a calf injury.

Grade 1, 2 or 3?

I pinged a calf muscle playing squash. When it happened I looked around because I thought somebody whacked my leg with a sledgehammer.

Prepare yourself for some pain if it's a tear. There's only one way to get rid of scar tissue and that's fingers dug deeply into the sore spot. Ask about dry needling. Sort of like acupuncture. Suppose to help with the healing process. Hope the rehab sees you back soon.

Hmmm....just wondering saints, at what point did you think the Tigers' took control of the contest? Early in the game, well perhaps in the first 10 minutes, it was an even affair. Most of the vocal Tigers' fans were still settling into their viewing positions in my opinion at the time the SMD boys were actually firing a few shots. After halfway through the 1st term your lads folded like a card table.

Face facts, if none of your senior 22 can get themselves up for the first game of the season, there's something very wrong going on.

PS - if you wish to get excited about the performances of your reserves' team, maybe you should join them yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back