D1 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Legend Rests, cant you get your own tips for this weekend?
NOBS by 12 over Aquinas.
Friars by 25 at ST Leos
Rupo by 12 over Mentone in what may be a wet and wild day.
Prahran and SMD hard to seperate. Go with SMD in a close one
Fitzroy may be to physical for Werribee. Fitzroy by 4 goals.

1. Totally agree with the above.
2. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
3. moved out of Elwood in 2007 - better update your intel, you're 18 months behind.

:D

Frase

Keals, I have not much method to this madness, other than when SMD look like their a good chance, they lose and lose dramatically, and when you are given no hope, your up and about.

Dont take it personally. Prahran have been competitive in pretty much every game this year, despite thier place on the ladder and opposition and are extremely underrated in my opinion. I think SMD will have a very tough task on their hands this week. hence the 50 points. Prove me wrong keals.....

Yeah thats fair enough. We actually had a bit of a horror night last night with 3 going down again. The cold is killing us. Hopefully we can pull off a win still

I'd love to see a huge win for the Friars, well overdue for being on the right end of a thumping

BTW whats parking like at the ground? I know they have Deakins huge carparks around but wondering if the big carpark opposite the ground is usually full or not?

Finding a car park will not be a challenge ES - plenty available!!

Scribe, what is your opinion on the NOBS ones and twos and how they are travelling after you saw them 2 weeks ago?
Allow me to chime in SDP. I can only speak for the Reserves, but i found them to be quite fast, and well drilled. They support each other well and farm the ball out to a free man pretty effectively. I felt in our case that we matched them in endeavour, but they were just a bit smarter around the packs on the day, and ran a bit better.

yes nobs are a solid outfit , they just have patches where they loose momentum and can get hurt on the scoreboard ..
getting very interesting in the middle of the ladder as things hot up for a finals push or avoid relegation
king brown / drifter / whats your thoughts on the sides 4-10 who can come through
also scribe whered you get the info of how many players have played for each side ?

this week

NOBSPOC by 24 over Aquinas.
ST Leos over friars 12 pts
Roopo by 32 over Mentone
Prahran by 26
Wearybee by plenty +

Young Monk,

Whats the above assessment based on.

Dont think our teams have met in recent seasons so and cant recall - have you had a few 12 goal wins this season....

Or is it based or your opinion that we are the worst side in D1 - fair enough if you have watched us (hopefully more than once) as we do sit bottom at present?

Finally is it neither of the above and you just sense the Friars are lifting in form.

I tell you what - if you beat us by 74 points tomorrow - ask for me in the club rooms after the game and a beer is most definitely yours as your team will have earned it well and truly:mad:

Cheers

- have you had a influx of players returning from injury this week???

Drifter word is that it is quite the opposite with apparently some key injuries following the Werribee win!

NOBS will be troubled by the pace of Aquinas - Bloods by 3 points
Friars by the slimest of margins (note they had 4 in the rep team good effort)
Rupo way too classy for OM 62 points
Prahan too strong for SMD 18 points
Werribee too good to lose 2 in a row 22 points over the Reds

Weather may also prove to be a big factor tomorrow

Drifter word is that it is quite the opposite with apparently some key injuries following the Werribee win!

NOBS will be troubled by the pace of Aquinas - Bloods by 3 points
Friars by the slimest of margins (note they had 4 in the rep team good effort)
Rupo way too classy for OM 62 points
Prahan too strong for SMD 18 points
Werribee too good to lose 2 in a row 22 points over the Reds

Weather may also prove to be a big factor tomorrow

What a big day for NOBS and their coach tomorrow.

Terry, self appointed, desperately needs a win and it would be two in a row and perhaps build some momentum.

Who knows a late run to the finals isn't out of the question, which would be good for Terry given he hasn't won a final in over 25 years!

Big game for the bloods also.

Rupppo had a reasonably solid 42pt win over Om today at Ruppppo. Wasn't that impressive with turnovers from both sides at ridiculous levels, Rupppo will need to improve alot on today to press the Werribee boys next week.

Rupppo had a reasonably solid 42pt win over Om today at Ruppppo. Wasn't that impressive with turnovers from both sides at ridiculous levels, Rupppo will need to improve alot on today to press the Werribee boys next week.

KB, trying to play the underdog card this early in the week.

A 42pt win over OM's is very impressive and everyone on this board knows it. Rupo red hot favourites going into this weeks game. No matter how much spin you guys want to put on it.....

With a lay day in the Super eights, I took a gamble and followed the boys on the road to Brunswick Street yesterday.

Despite Nathan's shocking injury and absence, the boys were fantastic with their superior skill and run on show from about halfway through the 2nd term until early in the final term. The trigger seemed to be the send-off of Cam Lee (who may well take the prescribed 2 matches!). Big Wayne Pelar was unstoppable while Palmo, Tayls and Big Ross chimed in on the end of some great midfield work.

I managed to get there early enough to watch Stuey's boys for a while, and they finished off well, but Stuey was in fine form throwing some choice advice the way of a few of the Fitzroy boys. Pity our lads didn't focus as much on getting the footy as our aggression seemed a bit more focused on the man as opposed to the ball. Anyhow, back at Soldiers we should be able to win both games comfortably.

Go Tigers.

Grum

I managed to get there early enough to watch Stuey's boys for a while, and they finished off well, but Stuey was in fine form throwing some choice advice the way of a few of the Fitzroy boys. Pity our lads didn't focus as much on getting the footy as our aggression seemed a bit more focused on the man as opposed to the ball.

I'd suggest that "Stuey" would want to hang his head in shame actually. A discraceful effort to resort to that sort of low as coach of a team. Maybe if he showed a bit of discipline and true football spirit his team would actually learn to follow suit.

I only wish I still played because there is nothing better (read easier) than playing against a mob who attack the man and don't have the courage to put their own head over the footy. A weak way to play that rarley results in any form of success.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was a good win for the Friars against ESL, bit of poor kicking but not the greatest ground in the league, some possible good ins next week for the rivalry round against Aquinas

Good to see Eddie you have gone from a w***er umpire to a w***er supporter to someone who finally seems tolerable. Jack would be proud.
Whitefriars and NOBS will be teams to watch in the second half IMO, i think OM will be hard to beat over their and as usual their will be some surprising results every week. All games yesterday were reasonably close , which is testament to amateur footy. Having not seen Werribee i cant comment but they obviously are very talented. Emmaus, SMD, Aquinas, Prahran can all cause so called upsets and Fitzroy on their day may beat anyone. D1 is very alive.

Looking forward to the top of the table clash this week KB. I may even venture over to Pooh Park to catch a glimpse, time permitting. On paper the sides look to be very evenly matched. Guess we'll find out who is the genuine flag favorite is.

I'd suggest that "Stuey" would want to hang his head in shame actually. A discraceful effort to resort to that sort of low as coach of a team. Maybe if he showed a bit of discipline and true football spirit his team would actually learn to follow suit.

I only wish I still played because there is nothing better (read easier) than playing against a mob who attack the man and don't have the courage to put their own head over the footy. A weak way to play that rarley results in any form of success.

And also maybe the reserves coach for Fitzroy should take a good hard look at himself. His efforts were not much better.

As bad as your spelling???

KB, trying to play the underdog card this early in the week.

A 42pt win over OM's is very impressive and everyone on this board knows it. Rupo red hot favourites going into this weeks game. No matter how much spin you guys want to put on it.....

Agreed table ...maybe rupo people playing it down because they know the truth. Smash sides through the year, then lose the ones that matter. is king brown the king of Grand Final failure?. Lucky the promotion system in the VAFA allows for the second best team to jump divisions...

ruck and roll,

i dont think the tigers have been that great in jumping grade to grade either ?

d4-d3 loss
d3-d2 loss
d2-d1 win

i wouldn't think that was real impressive would you?
Watching i can tell you your list is where rupo's was 3-4 years ago, young impressive, skillful, hard running, very much looking forward to the game ahead, lucky for both of us it isn't a grand final.

Not a bad effort getting to grand finals, the three in a row we lost we were 6.00 outsiders in everyone, just sides were better than us those years. In our good years we have been fast starters, with a drop mid season, two things maybe different this year, we might not have a drop in form and we might go in as favorites, whatever it is there is a long way to go.

It is believed the infamous David "barbiedol" Bardoel has secretly been training in his basement using the wii fit on his nintendo. This to go along with his other piece high tech equipment the ab king pro. However he hasnt been training by himself. Other players include Tim "britney" spears and the likes of lumpy,staggers and this guy called the irish pleaser.

Baz

Gee.. very astute kingbrown. The three years you lost, teams were better than you?.. Great observation... I think you sum up the attitude out there "not a bad effort getting to grand finals'... That attitude has landed you back in D1. Enjoy the home and away season. Im sure you will finish on top.

Gee.. very astute kingbrown. The three years you lost, teams were better than you?.. Great observation... I think you sum up the attitude out there "not a bad effort getting to grand finals'... That attitude has landed you back in D1. Enjoy the home and away season. Im sure you will finish on top.

I guess all that Rupo has to do is keep on winning then eh.... D1 is the pinnacle of Werribee's existence to date or have I missed something ?? :rolleyes:

Think the Aquinas ones boys need to be pretty sure of themselves for their own game before carrying on like red hot favourites during the early game - particularly when their twos are getting rolled by a considerable amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back