• South Melbourne

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yarra Valley

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pressure right on Bulleen this weekend. The OGGers have got nothing to lose. Sneaking up from 4th to a grand final, they've achieved as much as was expected of them this year. Will the Bullants slip the noose or be hung out to dry as the big chokers some anticipate they will be. Week off should do them wonders, but will it be worth it?

OGGers for the daily double on Saturday. They're as sure a bet as Weekend Hussler was of being named Australian Horse of the Year last night.

Hyphen, both sides are playing for the same prize - a premiership.
Both have exactly the same "to lose". Your post is misguided at best.

Pressure right on Bulleen this weekend. The OGGers have got nothing to lose. Sneaking up from 4th to a grand final, they've achieved as much as was expected of them this year. Will the Bullants slip the noose or be hung out to dry as the big chokers some anticipate they will be. Week off should do them wonders, but will it be worth it?

OGGers for the daily double on Saturday. They're as sure a bet as Weekend Hussler was of being named Australian Horse of the Year last night.

This quote is just stupid Dee, not misguided. The Hyphen has chirped in and out of the forum from time to time, always speaking dribble! Not sure he's even an Ogger. Could be one of the Hampton Boys having a laugh? If not, then he's an idiot for trying to stir the pot 3 days before a GF.

Good luck on the weekend "HBP" it will be a well deserved win after all the hard work you blokes put in over last summer and congratulations on making C grade. Many of the boys from turtle land will be barracking for the mighty bullants!

Hope OG have not gone and over ordered the Moet for the Como afterparty!

Everyone has gone a bit quiet this week. Looks like no one wants to open themselves up to copping a caning when the other team wins.

Should be a pretty even match considering the form both sides have displayed lately. Both sides are generally strong up forward and on the ball but a little bit weaker down back in comparison. So it could come down to which side's backline stands up. Will Dermie, Voglis, Chivers and Co chime in with their 2-3 goals each to post a winning total, or will Goldsworthy, Branigan, Young and Long continue their impressive efforts of late?

I'll flip a coin and come down with BT by two goals.

By the way, haven't been near a record - did the D1 scribe do "his" team of the year? If so, any highlights/eyebrow raising selections?

Hope OG have not gone and over ordered the Moet for the Como afterparty!
Great to see these two sides making the jump after being close so often. Both clubs have worked hard for this, and having always had a lot of respect for both i hope they have a great game on the weekend. Tip. Derm to kick a goal from the right pocket after the siren for a 3pt win

Well done BT. Winners by 2 goals. 21 9 to 17.21. This may refect that Oggs were unlucky but this wasn't the case. BT in control all day. Oggs kicked plenty in last when game over. Better side won on the day.

Everyone has gone a bit quiet this week. Looks like no one wants to open themselves up to copping a caning when the other team wins.

Should be a pretty even match considering the form both sides have displayed lately. Both sides are generally strong up forward and on the ball but a little bit weaker down back in comparison. So it could come down to which side's backline stands up. Will Dermie, Voglis, Chivers and Co chime in with their 2-3 goals each to post a winning total, or will Goldsworthy, Branigan, Young and Long continue their impressive efforts of late?

By the way, haven't been near a record - did the D1 scribe do "his" team of the year? If so, any highlights/eyebrow raising selections?

Nice coin flip

Stunning coin flip!

The turning point for me was when Geelong were bombing forward from the wing with two and a half minutes to go, and a desperate BT defender got two hands on it for a partial smother and crucial midfield possession. OG had all the momentum and if that kick had been allowed to get into the forward line, extra time was almost certain.

Great win to BT, Geelong had their chances all day and had eight more scoring shots, so there can't be any complaints from their direction.

Both teams will do well in C section next year. Well done guys.

Oh, and Triathlon Boy - pretty obvious all along, I would have thought!

Pulled that one right out of my arse!

Oggs may have lost the game yesterday BUT I can assure you they have won the respect of every member of our club. Each and every player just kept on trying. They didn't stop when perhaps in the past they may have. Probably wont mean much to them at the moment, but the reason this flag feels so bloody good to BT is because of what we had to do to get over the line to claim it. The Ogs where great.

Cheers Ugly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oggs may have lost the game yesterday BUT I can assure you they have won the respect of every member of our club. Each and every player just kept on trying. They didn't stop when perhaps in the past they may have. Probably wont mean much to them at the moment, but the reason this flag feels so bloody good to BT is because of what we had to do to get over the line to claim it. The Ogs where great.

Cheers Ugly

Well done Derm for your actions after the siren in preventing a nasty incident.

It was very impressive.

Congratulations to the Bullants and especially Dean Tulloch on getting that much deserved medal. A lesser person may have pulled the pin after being left out in 04.

On another note, can you please enlighten me sausage what indident the great ugly had to difuse. Players on players or were spectators trying to get involved. Pardon my ignorance but I was unable to attend.

Congratulations to the Bullants and especially Dean Tulloch on getting that much deserved medal. A lesser person may have pulled the pin after being left out in 04.

On another note, can you please enlighten me sausage what indident the great ugly had to difuse. Players on players or were spectators trying to get involved. Pardon my ignorance but I was unable to attend.

Hey mate....you ok?

OG Number 19 king hit 18 year old BT player with 30 seconds left on the clock. A weak effort, hitting someone from behind. Upset a few BT supporters who let the named player know what they thought (including a certain heavily-tattooed, ex-team mate of yours). No issue really. Just a few words. Was well handled, actually, by everyone including Dean

All good here HBP. Took in a bit of surf up at Mooloolaba today which was very enjoyable. Hope you enjoyed your first fathers day and I'll see you in a few weeks.

A weak effort, hitting someone from behind.

Something Ugly knows all about, accidental or not.

#19's second whack was far worse than the first, just didn't connect as strongly.

Definitely the highest standard D1 game I've seen in my few years of watching this level, and a great win from B-T without Florance and with no impact from Chivers (completely shut out of the game by Lansdell). Branigan got the better of Tehan for probably the first time in their five matches playing on one another, and Lyons, Legoe and Bayles were all terrific. Voglis and Bain obviously excellent all day for B-T, especially Bain who couldn't be stopped even after copping a big hit at one stage. The midfields for both teams were huge pretty much all day, and the Ogs could barely do a thing wrong in the last quarter, and will be left rueing the many missed opportunities during the 2nd quarter. Also, letting in multiple goals in junk time of both the opening and 3rd quarters didn't help them at all. I think B-T kicked seven goals in the final three minutes of those quarters.

Something Ugly knows all about, accidental or not.

#19's second whack was far worse than the first, just didn't connect as strongly.

Definitely the highest standard D1 game I've seen in my few years of watching this level, and a great win from B-T without Florance and with no impact from Chivers (completely shut out of the game by Lansdell). Branigan got the better of Tehan for probably the first time in their five matches playing on one another, and Lyons, Legoe and Bayles were all terrific. Voglis and Tulloch obviously excellent all day for B-T, especially Tulloch who couldn't be stopped even after copping a big hit at one stage. The midfields for both teams were huge pretty much all day, and the Ogs could barely do a thing wrong in the last quarter, and will be left rueing the many missed opportunities during the 2nd quarter. Also, letting in multiple goals in junk time of both the opening and 3rd quarters didn't help them at all. I think B-T kicked seven goals in the final three minutes of those quarters.

nothing accidental about the whack. don't go there.

nothing accidental about the whack. don't go there.

Did you see the incident Kid? from the coaches box (only about 15 metres away!!!) it looked pretty ordinary. Maybe the player in question should go off and play in the northern league or WRFL, where that kind of incident is more prevalent.

Did you see the incident Kid? from the coaches box (only about 15 metres away!!!) it looked pretty ordinary. Maybe the player in question should go off and play in the northern league or WRFL, where that kind of incident is more prevalent.

I saw incidently clearly. Geelong player was provoked and then clocked BT player. No accident! About 20 seconds before final siren. Think both players & clubs would rather forget about whole thing.

Can't wait for Ajax to lock horns again with 2 old rivals [BT and OGGs] in C Grade in 2009..
Congratulations to BT on the flag....

Is Dean Matthews playing on in '09:thumbsu:? Hope so.....

Can't wait for Ajax to lock horns again with 2 old rivals [BT and OGGs] in C Grade in 2009..
Congratulations to BT on the flag....

Is Dean Matthews playing on in '09:thumbsu:? Hope so.....

?????

He played the last 4-5 games with Plantr Fasciitis which slowed him down considerably. Luckily, he has a very high pain threshold and was able to play on when most would've quit.

?????

He played the last 4-5 games with Plantr Fasciitis which slowed him down considerably. Luckily, he has a very high pain threshold and was able to play on when most would've quit.

He is a champion player and great bloke ..... a little crazy however when he crosses the white line .
.Hope he does play in 2009 and his heel improves..

?????

Had that injury myself last year, and it's difficult to describe just how restricting it can be. Awesome effort from one of the true Amateur greats, although would have expected nothing less.

Tough, a little loose I hope he wouldn;t mind me saying but uncompromising on the field, a cracker of a bloke off it. Deserves all the beverages he can whack down so savour the victory Kenyon, was rapt to hear you got over the line.

Sadly might be a long time before I can buy you a beer again!!!

All the best in C Grade, same with OG's as well, 2 worthy promotions and hope you maintain the recent good form of most of the promoted sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back