• South Melbourne

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yarra Valley

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello all, can someone give me some news for this yr, wat will the top four be? big rumour that fitzroy reds will b straight back up to c grade. been involved with old geelong abit over the yrs, and have recruited big over the summer.
not far to the first bounce now.

hello all, can someone give me some news for this yr, wat will the top four be? big rumour that fitzroy reds will b straight back up to c grade. been involved with old geelong abit over the yrs, and have recruited big over the summer.

That "big rumour" should be downsized, as should everyone's expectations of contenders in D1 this year. In the words of Hunters & Collectors, "it's early days yet Jack...."

Massive list turnovers in D1 this season.

I'm still well and truly on the Panthers' train - they were damn stiff not to go up last year, and will be hell bent on ensuring they're in C section for 2009.

OGGS will improve and so will the young B-T crew.

Depth will be a key to premiership success, no doubt.

Might want to check those sources Daryl. I went down to see the Reds last week in their prac match against St Marys and they looked pretty average. They were small, unorganised and weren't that interested in the hard ball. Staying up in D-Grade should simply be their aim this year.

Might want to check those sources Daryl. I went down to see the Reds last week in their prac match against St Marys and they looked pretty average. They were small, unorganised and weren't that interested in the hard ball. Staying up in D-Grade should simply be their aim this year.

Easy does it Brunswick St, the reality is about halfway between you and Daryl. St Mary's played their best team on a postage stamp of a ground. Reds missing at least 10 senior players.

And yes, "you're only as good as what you put out on the park"... yada yada yada, blah blah blah.

Could be an explanation - but they are not included in the u19 fixtures on the VAFA website..you usually have the good oil though, so you are probably correct.

Good knowledge from HBP, Aquinas will have a 19s side running around in the North (2) division after not having an unders side last year. Not all the transfers are for the unders though, some handy players have been picked up.

All 3 sides to play the hill people of Wandin this Saturday at Aquinas, should make for a good spectacle!

Good knowledge from HBP, Aquinas will have a 19s side running around in the North (2) division after not having an unders side last year. Not all the transfers are for the unders though, some handy players have been picked up.

All 3 sides to play the hill people of Wandin this Saturday at Aquinas, should make for a good spectacle!

Thanks for your support Youngblood. I break the news (Craig Hutchison style) that Aquinas have been on a signing frenzy from the EFL and you give HBP a wrap. Tough crowd on Big Footy...:eek:

Greetings all,

don't know why we are playing a D2 club - waste of time winning by 20 goals. Anyway, better get used to it I s'pose because disaster grade is looking a bit thin - much like the top of your head Scribe.

Did you organise this match to ensure you got a kick??

Only joking - please don't PM me, I was only kidding I promise.

Look foward to some more regular updaes from the master (red) as the season proper gets closer

Yours in greatness

The Roy

Roy, any predictions for tomorrows game agianst SMD?

Heading down to ramsden Roy?

Roy, any predictions for tomorrows game agianst SMD?

Heading down to ramsden Roy?

SMD and Reds will have a useful hit-out and I'll buy Harps and Killer a beer once we work out which venue to frequent post-game.

OTL - I thought you didn't want to be associated with the resident lunatic of this thread? :confused:If so, please stop giving him reason to post and pretend to be a Redder.

Frankly, it'll be a bit hard for Roy to get to Ramsden if he's up at Murchison tomorrow. (Uni Blacks -v- Old Camberwell 10.30 U19s / 12.30 res / 2.30 sen. ;))

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SMD and Reds will have a useful hit-out and I'll buy Harps and Killer a beer once we work out which venue to frequent post-game.

OTL - I thought you didn't want to be associated with the resident lunatic of this thread? :confused:If so, please stop giving him reason to post and pretend to be a Redder.

Frankly, it'll be a bit hard for Roy to get to Ramsden if he's up at Murchison tomorrow. (Uni Blacks -v- Old Camberwell 10.30 U19s / 12.30 res / 2.30 sen. ;))

ok scribe. sorry,

Whats with the muchison reference???

Frase,

You should stop worrying about Roy. His posts can be amusing and are relevant to this thread.

Roy, who will be the new ruckman for the Reds?

Interesting hitout at Aquinas today, caught up with the seniors game. Different styles of play, Aquinas had it all over Wandin in the first, fast skilful ball handling versus a slower and more physical side.

It was more even in the second and third quarters and as tiredness kicked in with the Wandin boys, Aquinas kicked away in the last with the majority of possession, even though Wandin were kicking goals and Aquinas peppering the points.

Final score (not that it means anything) 14.16.100 to 11.8.74.

It was a good game of footy, I'm glad I went.

Interesting hitout at Aquinas today, caught up with the seniors game. Different styles of play, Aquinas had it all over Wandin in the first, fast skilful ball handling versus a slower and more physical side.

It was more even in the second and third quarters and as tiredness kicked in with the Wandin boys, Aquinas kicked away in the last with the majority of possession, even though Wandin were kicking goals and Aquinas peppering the points.

Final score (not that it means anything) 14.16.100 to 11.8.74.

It was a good game of footy, I'm glad I went.

Watched Y Valley kick a mountain of goals today against D3 company at Hawthorn . . . forwards got a lot of shots in. Their bottom third of the first team looked tre ordinare though . . . be interesting to see what happens to them

Watched Y Valley kick a mountain of goals today against D3 company at Hawthorn . . . forwards got a lot of shots in. Their bottom third of the first team looked tre ordinare though . . . be interesting to see what happens to them

must have been a quality tough hitout in preperation for round 1 playing a d3 side......

Fitzroy and South Melbourne had a really good hit-out yesterday at Ramsden Street. Reasonably physical and intense encounter in the seniors, pretty lopsided to the Reds in the reserves. No real scores were kept, but South probably got up by 1-2 goals. Heaps of walk-up Fitzroy senior players missing.

must have been a quality tough hitout in preperation for round 1 playing a d3 side......

Agreed. I'm sure Yarra Valley will be choc full of confidence. They might as well have set up witches hats as opposition... I'm tipping teams such as Old Geelong, Prahran and NOBS will be slightly better than a D3 side this year.

Agreed. I'm sure Yarra Valley will be choc full of confidence. They might as well have set up witches hats as opposition... I'm tipping teams such as Old Geelong, Prahran and NOBS will be slightly better than a D3 side this year.

id hope all sides this year are better than a D3 side, otherwise it makes a mockery out of the vafa's grading system...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back