• South Melbourne

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yarra Valley

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul Florance from BT shared the the comp B&F last night. A great effort.

As Frase's tip for the medal, Ugly, good to see you at least poll in 1 game (Round 2 vs OG - 3 votes)!!:thumbsu:

You kicked 4 that day...not in BT's best. The F#*king umpires screw you over don't they? What about the 4 bags of 5 goals? and the haul of 6?

Did your old mate Anthony Damen do the round 2 game? or was it Lionel?

I'm gonna go NOBS in an upset on Saturday and OMs to get payback for the last qtr fade out last time round.

I like Florance for the B&F too. Bevan 2nd and Rombotis to snag 3rd with a heap of votes from rounds 10 to 18.

Followed up tipping the GF winner and margin with one of the B&F winners - good form. Although tipping the BT-Florance double was about as ballsy as tipping the Geelong-Ablett double.

BT just over Nobs.
OM's just over Oggers.

After the unfortunate injury to Greenham in the state game, Florance is clearly the best player in the grade (apologies to Cochy and Branigan) and will win the B&F (Pietryk will do well also).

I tipped it too Corey! (Bonus point for tipping BT just over Nobs:D)

Appropriate last post for this thread!!
(with thanks to Tiger Nuts:thumbsu:)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30841897@N08/2883081905/

A few changes from Corey's effort at the half-way mark for the team fo the year, just to give the bloke in the record a bit of help and for something to talk about.

OUT: Greenham, Barker, Casboult, Cheevers, Cherbakof, Thompson
IN: Rombotis, Pietryk, Long, Branigan, Den Braber, McClosky

B: Malpas (OG) Hosking (NOBS) Tehan (BT)
HB: McClosky (OM) Fairbairn (OG) Savage (YV)
C: Rees (Pen) Florance (BT) Villarosa (SM)
HF: Adams (NOBS) Cochrane (OM) S.Long (OG)
F: Rombotis (Pen) Keem (YV) Matthews (BT)
FOLL: Meighan (Fitz) Beven (Pra) Gleeson (Fitz)
INT: Pietryk (BT) Biggs (Fitz) Branigan (OG) Den Braber (Aq)

Just caught the D1 team of the year on the vafa website (below). Looks suspiciously close to my effort on this thread after round 18 above... Admittedly he did make one change so obviously he put a lot of thought into it.

D1 SECTION

B: Al Tehan (Bulleen Templestowe) Chris Hosking (NOB/SPC) Jon Malpas (Old Geelong)
HB: Sam Savage (Yarra Valley OB) Charlie Fairbairn (Old Geelong) Mick McCloskey (Old Mentonians)
C: Rowan Ball (Old Mentonians) Paul Florance (Bulleen Templestowe) Damian Villarosa (South Melbourne Districts)
HF: Kyle Adams (NOB/SPC) Dave Cochrane (Old Mentonians) Sam Long (Old Geelong)
F: John Rombotis (Peninsula OB) James Keem (Yarra Valley OB) Dean Matthews (Bulleen Templestowe)
Foll: Chris Meighen (Fitzroy Reds) Gerard Beven (Prahran) Michael Louis-Gleeson (Fitzroy Reds)
Interchange: Tom Rees (Peninsula OB) Daniel den Braber (Aquinas OB)
Chris Branigan (Old Geelong) Mark Pietryk (Bulleen Templestowe)
Coach: Dean Matthews (Bulleen Templestowe)

I think we all know that it is a typo. Dave Matthews is the coach of the year.

Unfortunately, I fear the penny never quite dropped with Willo that B-T weren't actually coached by uglydermie. I noticed he referred to Dave as Dean in his column a couple of times during the year as well.

I may be wrong, but it'd be a typo which recurred twice over.

Unfortunately, I fear the penny never quite dropped with Willo that B-T weren't actually coached by uglydermie. I noticed he referred to Dave as Dean in his column a couple of times during the year as well.

I may be wrong, but it'd be a typo which recurred twice over.

I still think his best effort was believing some of the crap that's written on here and naming an OM's reserves fringe player as our senior team's big recruit for the year - not a lot of research went into that one on his part...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back