D2 D2 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s no doubting that Rooster is doing some fine work. That would be without question the poster to whom you’re referring of course. However, I’m sure Rooster would agree that, as we speak, he falls short of the virtuoso BF performer of whom we speak.

Beneath your bravado I’m confident you are of the same mind. I have a feeling the new Brian be with us on this one too.

Sadly, this conversation must be harrowing for our psuedo OGGS poster.

Back to my point about the cashed-up Two Blues being the team to beat. It also looks like being a long season for the bike track boys if Bedders is on the mark.

He rarely is. No idea.

I never said they'd have a long season, it was a reply to another's post of numbers on the track. I'm sure with all they're merged players they will go ok in this grade. The Chapel st pokies would have to be favorites.
It was presumptive of me to conclude that your comment about their lack of numbers would lead to a tough year.

Good on 'em. I'm all for district clubs doing well. Heavens knows they start off with a decent old disadvantage.

Honoured as I am to be regarded as being even in the same stratosphere as the most preeminent poster ever to have graced this board, I am as close to being the great man as you have ever been to the Old Geelong Grammarians Football Club or the Parkdale Football Club. More like someone in the St Kevies camp with an agenda.
Old mate, he's not a St Kevin's person, perhaps he is pretending to be? As far as I'm aware the only real St Kevin's people here who post semi regularly are man in outer, SKOB Football and myself.

While I firmly believe that most club are honourable, I am not that naive to think that it has not or is not occurring in some form. However, if sufficient evidence exists in his mind to accuse a club of cheating and even name the amount involved then surely it is good enough to take that claim to the VAFA and produce evidence of this fact so they can investigate. While I agree, it is difficult to prove, it is impossible if they don’t know about it. They have knocked off a few clubs over the years so give them the facts and let them have a go. Seems a better option than anonymously potting a club on this forum.

Not sure that you comment about points and school clubs is completely on the money. While Old boys’ clubs have an advantage in many areas, one school aligned club will have as many as 7 ex AFL players on their books this year. None of them went to the school so the school alignment is irrelevant. What is does suggest is that they got them over the line through networking, contacts and providing attractive job opportunities rather than an emotional attachment to the school or natural progression from school to U19s to senior club. While that club obviously has some decent contacts, I would suggest that they also put a lot of hard work into recruiting, networking etc.
Interesting thoughts, but please don't assume that 7 of those ex AFL lads only came for a job. Your new coach, the great Yonnie, will no doubt inform you that 5 of the 7 did not need or ask for any help finding suitable employment.

I think we all undersell ex AFL players who may want to play in a clean, safe, well run competition on great grounds where supporters aren't full of grog abusing them. Add in the potential networking benefits, a bunch of team mates who are generally intelligent people with nice girlfriends or wives and you have a great ingredient for a happy post AFL club.

Regarding our ex AFL boys, it all started when one wanted to play with his brother, his best mate then wanted to play with him, another didn't like his other VAFA club so left to play with lifelong friends etc etc.

In regards to the points system, I can assure you that the VAFA is NOT in favour of it, but they were forced by Football Victoria to tow the line or risk having all of their funding and support withdrawn. We all know it makes no sense to have restrictions on who can play in an Amateur competition, it wouldn't last 5 seconds in a court of law.

Last edited:
Interesting thoughts, but please don't assume that 7 of those ex AFL lads only came for a job. Your new coach, the great Yonnie, will no doubt inform you that 5 of the 7 did not need or ask for any help finding suitable employment.

I think we all undersell ex AFL players who may want to play in a clean, safe, well run competition on great grounds where supporters aren't full of grog abusing them. Add in the potential networking benefits, a bunch of team mates who are generally intelligent people with nice girlfriends or wives and you have a great ingredient for a happy post AFL club.

Regarding our ex AFL boys, it all started when one wanted to play with his brother, his best mate then wanted to play with him, another didn't like his other VAFA club so left to play with lifelong friends etc etc.

In regards to the points system, I can assure you that the VAFA is NOT in favour of it, but they were forced by Football Victoria to tow the line or risk having all of their funding and support withdrawn. We all know it makes no sense to have restrictions on who can play in an Amateur competition, it wouldn't last 5 seconds in a court of law.

Was not potting SKOBs. In fact I did not even name the club. Was simply demonstrating that talented players from outside a school or junior feeder will go to clubs for a combination of reasons and being an old boys, uni or district club is often irrelevant. While school based clubs have some obvious advantages, any club regardless of their alignment can attract talented players if they do the work. Beaumaris will have 3 or 4 (maybe even more) ex AFL players on their books this year.

So, I don’t need to be informed by the great Yonnie. In fact I really don’t know or even care how or why they came to the club. It makes no difference to me.

This is a very good point. There have been too many 'Woe is us' and 'VAFA conspiracy against lower grade suburban teams' comments, when the fact is far simpler. The VAFA have no choice in the matter.

What are the odds, pendlebury_10?

Thanks for the segue AM, have you already lost faith in Maplebet?

The D2 2017 thread is slowly spiralling out of control! Overall, it is definitely a tough division to get a handle on. FWIW Here is the early premiership market from Pendles:

West Brunswick $2.50
Prahran Assumption $2.90
Old Paradians $4.00
Yarra Valley $6.00
MHSOB $8.00
Hawthorn $9.00
Eltham $12.00
Bulleen Templestowe $19.00
Glen Eira $21.00
Emmaus St Leos $31.00

The D2 2017 thread is slowly spiralling out of control! Overall, it is definitely a tough division to get a handle on. FWIW Here is the early premiership market from Pendles:

West Brunswick $2.50
Prahran Assumption $2.90
Old Paradians $4.00
Yarra Valley $6.00
MHSOB $8.00
Hawthorn $9.00
Eltham $12.00
Glen Eira $21.00
Emmaus St Leos $31.00

I'm loving Pendles markets in the lower grades. I would struggle D2-4.
But as a punter, I'd be putting $5 on BTemp and hoping to get $4.00 for them making the 4. If so I'd load up with a $100.
Ugly Dermie would be happy with this!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Old mate, he's not a St Kevin's person, perhaps he is pretending to be? As far as I'm aware the only real St Kevin's people here who post semi regularly are man in outer, SKOB Football and myself.
Well old cobber, I always found Flanker28 bled blue, green and gold and is very much 'in the know'

What disadvantage is that.

If you assumed I was specifically referring to Glen Eira rather than the general question of the disadvantages district clubs suffer when compared to old school clubs - particularly the well to do ones - then you were mistaken.

Behave, gentlemen. I know the preseason is making you all a little toey, let's leave the pointed barbs for the sidelines, shall we?

Some superb prose and wonderful conversation stimulating stuff there though.;) Always good to finish on a high I say.

West Brunswick $2.50
Prahran Assumption $2.90
Old Paradians $4.00
Yarra Valley $6.00
MHSOB $8.00
Hawthorn $9.00
Eltham $12.00
Glen Eira $21.00
Emmaus St Leos $31.00

Can I legit bet on this?

I'd love to put $100 on PA and $50 on GE

Honoured as I am to be regarded as being even in the same stratosphere as the most preeminent poster ever to have graced this board, I am as close to being the great man as you have ever been to the Old Geelong Grammarians Football Club or the Parkdale Football Club. More like someone in the St Kevies camp with an agenda.

Nice deflection.
All I will say is I have only ever met one person in my life who uses BOTH "methinks" and "hand on heart", which you have used regularly.
No that would be the greatest coincidence in the history of mankind if you aren't that person and bob up here. In language you will understand, I rest my case!

Nice deflection.
All I will say is I have only ever met one person in my life who uses BOTH "methinks" and "hand on heart", which you have used regularly.
No that would be the greatest coincidence in the history of mankind if you aren't that person and bob up here. In language you will understand, I rest my case!

Hand on heart - methinks you're a tool.

There, now you've met three.

PS: AM never coached my club. He ......is.....a......Monder....through .....and....through.

I typed that slowly as clearly you haven't worked it out yet

Hand on heart - methinks you're a tool.

There, now you've met three.

PS: AM never coached my club. He ......is.....a......Monder....through .....and....through.

I typed that slowly as clearly you haven't worked it out yet

It took him that long to contact you ? I have checked your history and you haven't used those terms once .. nice try but the gig is up.. we all know now !

It took him that long to contact you ? I have checked your history and you haven't used those terms once .. nice try but the gig is up.. we all know now !

If you knew how to look up history..you would know that AM is an Ormond Man.
Im a little confused as to why you need to push this barrow? Taking AM out of it, Fraser was a solid VAFA man who wrote good stuff for the VAFA and here, which was tricky when everyone knew who he was. Made him the easiest of targets, but he still hung in there and posted. With his roles in the game and knowledge it seems he was liked by everyone other than you and harrowing before you.
He's now gone and you try and act like someone who everyone on here knows isn't Fraser is Fraser.
It's kind of weird.
Don't ya think?
We all know now. The gig is up??
As I said, you are on your own here.

If you knew how to look up history..you would know that AM is an Ormond Man.
Im a little confused as to why you need to push this barrow? Taking AM out of it, Fraser was a solid VAFA man who wrote good stuff for the VAFA and here, which was tricky when everyone knew who he was. Made him the easiest of targets, but he still hung in there and posted. With his roles in the game and knowledge it seems he was liked by everyone other than you and harrowing before you.
He's now gone and you try and act like someone who everyone on here knows isn't Fraser is Fraser.
It's kind of weird.
Don't ya think?
We all know now. The gig is up??
As I said, you are on your own here.

Methinks you are deluded !

I have several posters on the same wavelength as me .. don't speak for everyone when r u guessing .

Hand on heart .. don't ignore the facts !

Methinks you are deluded !

I have several posters on the same wavelength as me .. don't speak for everyone when r u guessing .

Hand on heart .. don't ignore the facts !

Ok. Name a few. As you will be naming anonymous poster names it will be pretty cruisy for you.

Ok. Name a few. As you will be naming anonymous poster names it will be pretty cruisy for you.
How about you verify he is an Ormond man as claimed ?

who at Ormond says methinks and hand on heart and comments on every club in every division
?

Who?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back