D2 Division 2 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Any more news on Bulleen's move to Eastern- have they been accepted or rejected or yet to make a decision?
I believe Bulleen members vote tomorrow night at a Special General Meeting to decide on the move to Eastern. They require 75% of members to move.

It then requires Eastern clubs to vote them in which would most likely happen in 2-3 weeks.
- With them moving into the lowest division, meaning no disruption to promotion/relegation and that division only having 7 clubs. You would think they would more then likely get in.

I believe Bulleen members vote tomorrow night at a Special General Meeting to decide on the move to Eastern. They require 75% of members to move.

It then requires Eastern clubs to vote them in which would most likely happen in 2-3 weeks.
- With them moving into the lowest division, meaning no disruption to promotion/relegation and that division only having 7 clubs. You would think they would more then likely get in.

Good for BT if they get in that at least the strongest club in scoresby has been promoted, warrandyte going down into div 4look like they havent recovered losing to donvale a few years back, been on a downwards spiral ever since with players galore leaving, coach hasnt been sacked despite two very lean years, they have a great junior club and consistent 19s but we shall see. Nunawading and forest hill look very beatable and they should be competitive with croydon north, the rest will probably have a good leg up on them.

Only things im concerned with is they have shocking reserve numbers and I dunno if money fixes this, and if they actually have enough money to pay players to stay competitive

According to the Herald Sun, BT members voted for it unanimously.

Can't see why EFNL sides would object. BT should be competitive, but it is unlikely that they will dominate the division.

Good morning and happy punting today men, my tips will be no surprise:
Nobs to take home the double today, hopefully two great games in these conditions!
Haddock or Paul Scamps to take home the best on for the seniors and Ari Pav for the reserves!!
Go Nobs

Went down to watch the GF as it was close to home. Had a read through here after the game to confirm my thoughts and see whether it’s a one off or they’re known for it. Elsternwick are a dirty club. Constant late hits, punching blokes off the play, sling tackles attempting to dump players as hard as they could, head hunting in tackles. Genuinely looked out to hurt Brunswick at any opportunity. Umpires were atrocious allowing it to happen too could have stamped it out early and took control but instead allowed them to hunt them all game, was pretty gross to watch. Hope VAFA has a good look at the tape of today’s game and sends a message. What a joke, that’s not footy.

Last edited:
Went down to watch the GF as it was close to home. Had a read through here after the game to confirm my thoughts and see whether it’s a one off or they’re known for it. Elsternwick are a dirty club. Constant late hits, punching blokes off the play, sling tackles attempting to dump players as hard as they could, head hunting in tackles. Genuinely looked out to hurt Brunswick at any opportunity. Umpires were atrocious allowing it to happen too could have stamped it out early and took control but instead allowed them to hunt them all game, was pretty gross to watch. Hope VAFA has a good look at the tape of today’s game and sends a message. What a joke, that’s not footy.
Flew the pet bird down to Latrobe.
Thought this comment was rude. Considering multiple players from wicks put down behind the play including #9 kicking a man in the head while he was on the ground.

Ugly game to watch beautiful game to win.

According to the Herald Sun, BT members voted for it unanimously.

Can't see why EFNL sides would object. BT should be competitive, but it is unlikely that they will dominate the division.
I dont see them beating anyone but maybe nunawading and forest hill. Unless they convince some older guys to drop down to div 4 for money

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wattle Park requested to come up a grade last year and unfortunately get relegated, while Canterbury asked to stay down in D3 and will now be promoted.

Point being? Good on WP for having a go however Canterbury had their reasons and essentially the form played out as anticipated… cobs will go up with the 2s having played finals this year (hadn’t made a final since 2015 flags) and hopefully go up stronger for the run

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Point being? Good on WP for having a go however Canterbury had their reasons and essentially the form played out as anticipated… cobs will go up with the 2s having played finals this year (hadn’t made a final since 2015 flags) and hopefully go up stronger for the run

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

No point, just an observation of how both seasons ended up. I expressed at the time I wasn't a fan of the decisions that either club made.

So next year we have:

West Brunswick
Old Yarra
SMD
Whitefriars
Hawthorn
MHSOB
SMS
Aquinas
St Johns
Canterbury

Will be interesting.