D2 Division 2 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I think when you have same ground, different day it defeats the integrity of the game. Means you can have players drop down which is beneficial for SMD and Brunswick, but horror for SMS and MHS.

I'd hope VAFA don't do this, but ya never know with this league.

Paid Parking is shocking. Hoping ticket prices are decently cheap with the cost of living crisis we are having right now.
It does the opposite mate. Let's say it's Trevor Barker:

Sat

11:45 Brunswick vs MHSOB
2:15 Brunswick vs Elsternwick

Sun

11:45 SMS vs SMD
2:15 SMD vs Friars

It means that both teams have to pay their best 44. Whereas us and MHSOB had a few players in the seniors yesterday that will be able to drop back.

Sorry mate I got confused, I thought you meant the reserves play Saturday and the seniors play Sunday, visa versa.

Saturday:
SMS vs SMD
MHSOB vs Brunswick

Sunday:
SMD vs Friars
Elsternwick vs Brunswick

But yep agree it would be best if both teams of SMD and Brunswick play on the same day.

It does the opposite mate. Let's say it's Trevor Barker:

Sat

11:45 Brunswick vs MHSOB
2:15 Brunswick vs Elsternwick

Sun

11:45 SMS vs SMD
2:15 SMD vs Friars

It means that both teams have to pay their best 44. Whereas us and MHSOB had a few players in the seniors yesterday that will be able to drop back.
MHSOB kings of loading up the 2's

Surely if you want to continue this absurd fixturing of senior games at 11.40 to put 2 senior games on at one venue then you could at least put the 2 games from the same division!
Both Brunswick and SMD would have wanted games B2B

Look at the fixture it doesn't have to be like this
I have. I'd rather not have a 9:20 start on Saturday (which means getting up at 6:30) but SMD and Brunswick deserve the right to have their games B2B on the same day at the same ground.

I have. I'd rather not have a 9:20 start on Saturday (which means getting up at 6:30) but SMD and Brunswick deserve the right to have their games B2B on the same day at the same ground.

Ormond don’t? St John’s don’t? Different venues, different days…

You’ve got the women’s competition at Box Hill all day Sunday when they could be the 9.20 curtain raisers and Divisional seniors at Box Hill.

They’ve even got a reserves game as the main game on Sunday at Cheltenham!!!

Both nobs + SMD have back to back games at respective grounds. Just the earlier time slot

Nobs @ 9:20 + 11:40 @ Latrobe
SMD @ 9:20 + 11:40 @ port Melbourne

Going to be a few grumpy ressies boys having to set the weekend alarm for 6:30am…

It’s Div 1 + 3 that has copped it more. Games across both days

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You’ve got the women’s competition at Box Hill all day Sunday when they could be the 9.20 curtain raisers and Divisional seniors at Box Hill.

I didn't really look at them. I don't really care. I looked at the games in my division.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay, after looking more closely, in D1 they've given preference to Prahran (top of the table in the firsts and third in the seconds) and Parkside (second in the firsts and first in the seconds) over Ormond (Third and second) which makes complete sense to me. I think St Johns is a case of they didn't want the reserves a day before the seniors in D3 for Centrals or Canterbury.

As far as D2 is concerned, our fixtures make sense. If you want to complain about D1 or D3, feel free in the general thread or in their respective threads.

Okay, after looking more closely, in D1 they've given preference to Prahran (top of the table in the firsts and third in the seconds) and Parkside (second in the firsts and first in the seconds) over Ormond (Third and second) which makes complete sense to me. I think St Johns is a case of they didn't want the reserves a day before the seniors in D3 for Centrals or Canterbury.

As far as D2 is concerned, our fixtures make sense. If you want to complain about D1 or D3, feel free in the general thread or in their respective threads.

But they are very relevant as they’re the teams playing in the games after D2!

The tried and true fixture of 19s/Womens at 9.20, reserves at 11.40 and Seniors at 2.00 at the same ground is better than this random fixturing they brought in last year.

But my initial point was if you were to do 2 senior games then may as well do the same division, at least there’d be some interest in people watching both games. I’m pretty sure the finals grounds could hold night games, play the second reserves game at 4:40, 4 games at one venue!

On another note, can they even block off La Trobe and charge to get in? The car park is shared with the basketball stadium.

The tried and true fixture of 19s/Womens at 9.20, reserves at 11.40 and Seniors at 2.00 at the same ground is better than this random fixturing they brought in last year.

But my initial point was if you were to do 2 senior games then may as well do the same division, at least there’d be some interest in people watching both games. I’m pretty sure the finals grounds could hold night games, play the second reserves game at 4:40, 4 games at one venue!

On another note, can they even block off La Trobe and charge to get in? The car park is shared with the basketball stadium.

I believe they have a temp fence put around it so they can charge entry

In regards to charging at La Trobe, in short No. No temp fencing last weekend for the thirds GF, while it did look like someone was trying to charge people to get in I doubt they collected any fees.

Too many ways to access the ground to fence it all off.

Having a look around La Trobe though, there is another ground directly behind the main ground (same size) that looks like it hasn't been used all year. Certainly would solve a few issues of having clubs not in the same place at the same time.

VAFA was short on grounds last weekend and it seems they have run into the same problem again this weekend. VFL and AFLW obviously take precedence.

big games this weekend,

elsternwick and smd to get it done for seniors
mhsob and st marys in the magoos
Brunswick x2
SMS and Friars seniors

Your not wrong there

Have heard they put petro pirozek on the team sheet for the last 3-4 weeks when his been running water, just to get him to qualify

had a look at all the reserve teams today during a work meeting

St Marys - 11 players have played seniors 9 are eligible for seniors
SMD - 8 players have played seniors 4 are eligible for seniors
MHSOB - 8 have played seniors all 8 would have been eligible
NOBS - 14 players have played seniors, 11 eligible for seniors

Based on that Nobs and St Marys are stacking no?

had a look at all the reserve teams today during a work meeting

St Marys - 11 players have played seniors 9 are eligible for seniors
SMD - 8 players have played seniors 4 are eligible for seniors
MHSOB - 8 have played seniors all 8 would have been eligible
NOBS - 14 players have played seniors, 11 eligible for seniors

Based on that Nobs and St Marys are stacking no?
What do you mean by eligible? Everyone who plays at the club is eligible for seniors

What do you mean by eligible? Everyone who plays at the club is eligible for seniors
good old notes copied and pasted during a meeting.
looking back I have no idea what I was going at

so we'll just go with

teams that have senior 2024 players listed for:
St Marys 11
SMD 8
MHSOB 8
NOBS 14

good old notes copied and pasted during a meeting.
looking back I have no idea what I was going at

so we'll just go with

teams that have senior 2024 players listed for:
St Marys 11
SMD 8
MHSOB 8
NOBS 14
Yeah. A couple of ours were break glass in case of emergency for a game or two. We haven't exactly stacked, but picking the best side of those eligible

Remove this Banner Ad

D2 Division 2 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back