D2 D2 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure where your figures came from or what the Turtles are actually paying but that is probably the standard for a coach these days. Wouldn't think many Senior coaches are on much less than that and i know many of PLENTY more.

Regardless nice to see paharan knocked off. Maybe they should send a few undercover players to the special Olympics. I know they dont mind breaking the rules to try and get success.
Agree. 15k is the going rate these days. Worth it for a good one. It can make or break an entire club

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Not sure where your figures came from or what the Turtles are actually paying but that is probably the standard for a coach these days. Wouldn't think many Senior coaches are on much less than that and i know many of PLENTY more.

Regardless nice to see paharan knocked off. Maybe they should send a few undercover players to the special Olympics. I know they dont mind breaking the rules to try and get success.
Yes good win for GE especially away and at night..

a couple, might go and have a look

Playing the DLS 3rd U19 team (they are an U18 team but no 18s comp this year).

Be aware that game is being played at Darling Park next to the EM RSL, not Dairy Bell. Game is part of the EM RSL Anzac Day event. Women’s team playing beforehand.

Playing the DLS 3rd U19 team (they are an U18 team but no 18s comp this year).

Be aware that game is being played at Darling Park next to the EM RSL, not Dairy Bell. Game is part of the EM RSL Anzac Day event. Women’s team playing beforehand.
Thanks for that , great idea. It actually says Basil st which is the little ground. DLS have a 3rds team, why don't these kids play at their local clubs.

Thanks for that , great idea. It actually says Basil st which is the little ground. DLS have a 3rds team, why don't these kids play at their local clubs.

Not sure mate. Could be for several reasons. A lot of kids come from the YJFL where Colts is a combo of U16s and 17s so this might be a better option. Have also heard the SMJFL is a bit on the nose atm so maybe kids coming from that comp prefer the VAFA. Others may simply prefer a Saturday morning rather than Sunday comp for social, work or study reasons. Would suggest the main reason is mates from school just wanting to play together. I think the VAFA 19s appeals to many due to the multiple grades and generally even competition and you don't get the one sided blowouts you see in other leagues.

They play on the middle ground - not the small one but the oval in between the RSL and EMs ground. Expect to see multiple footies lost in Gardiners Creek!

Ladder prediction:
West Brunswick - Strongest from last year, looking to build on last years efforts and go one further
Prahran - Always a competitive outfit, will be contesting for the premiership this year to go right back where they came from
Glen Eira - New to the mix, unknown quantity, look very strong with recent results though
MHSOB - Good ol' MHSOB, the D2 curse. They would be desperate to leave D2 and go up a grade, but they lack the polish needed to play off in a grand final in this grade.
Bulleen - Would be looking to improve on last years efforts and with strong forward options now who will kick their goals, they will cause a lot of teams grief.
YV - One of last years finalists, will be looking to make that postage stamp a fortress this year, just can't see them winning enough games against teams above them.
Emmaus - Should avoid the drop, but will be another wasted year from the Animals.
Eltham - Loss of Gill hurt their scoring power. Look for them to pop up against teams throughout the year, but in no way a contender.
Parade - Struggled last year and I expect a lot more of the same this year. Double drop for the catholic school.
Hawthorn - Will be a long year for Hawthorn, wish them the best, but they won't win too many, if any.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ladder prediction:
West Brunswick - Strongest from last year, looking to build on last years efforts and go one further
Prahran - Always a competitive outfit, will be contesting for the premiership this year to go right back where they came from
Glen Eira - New to the mix, unknown quantity, look very strong with recent results though
MHSOB - Good ol' MHSOB, the D2 curse. They would be desperate to leave D2 and go up a grade, but they lack the polish needed to play off in a grand final in this grade.
Bulleen - Would be looking to improve on last years efforts and with strong forward options now who will kick their goals, they will cause a lot of teams grief.
YV - One of last years finalists, will be looking to make that postage stamp a fortress this year, just can't see them winning enough games against teams above them.
Emmaus - Should avoid the drop, but will be another wasted year from the Animals.
Eltham - Loss of Gill hurt their scoring power. Look for them to pop up against teams throughout the year, but in no way a contender.
Parade - Struggled last year and I expect a lot more of the same this year. Double drop for the catholic school.
Hawthorn - Will be a long year for Hawthorn, wish them the best, but they won't win too many, if any.
agree with WB, clearly team to beat for me, however shocked at the YVOB prediction, i can see them making that 3-4 spot again, but i reckon the quality and depth of the division has gone up since last season

agree with WB, clearly team to beat for me, however shocked at the YVOB prediction, i can see them making that 3-4 spot again, but i reckon the quality and depth of the division has gone up since last season
It's a tough one this year. Does look as though there is 6 good teams for 4 spots. We'll know a lot more in a few weeks once more of the top teams have played each other.

It's a tough one this year. Does look as though there is 6 good teams for 4 spots. We'll know a lot more in a few weeks once more of the top teams have played each other.

i agree
WB, Glen Eira, YVOB, Prahan, MHSOB, Bulleen

Shocked at Parade, thought they'd be right up there, and still not sold on BT, especially after their underwhelming last season

I think the results show maybe MHSOB has not changed as much as what we though, inconsistency has always killed them

Eltham look like they have come good and west Brunswick just seem to know how to get over the line

GE starting to play 19's from Old McKinnon.

Would make sense to do so I would think? Provide a stream into senior football would hopefully encourage the success of both juniors and seniors. For a club with a strong goal of moving up the divisions, an Unders is paramount, and nurturing and promoting them is a good start.

Well done I say

Would make sense to do so I would think? Provide a stream into senior football would hopefully encourage the success of both juniors and seniors. For a club with a strong goal of moving up the divisions, an Unders is paramount, and nurturing and promoting them is a good start.

Well done I say
Those kids wanted to play 19's with their mates, that's why they left their home clubs. I was just saying what is happening, did I have a go ? no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back