koby01

Team Captain
Sep 27, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Westren Bulldogs
What sides are a chance to go all the way based on last year?

Recruiting news?

Will it be an even competition like it was last year?

You know, it was only earlier tonight that I thought it was time to start a new thread for next season.

Pretty even comp I'd say, two will prove better than the others, two will fall by the wayside, six will still be there in 2009. That's my prediction so far.

Go Warriors!

You know, it was only earlier tonight that I thought it was time to start a new thread for next season.

Pretty even comp I'd say, two will prove better than the others, two will fall by the wayside, six will still be there in 2009. That's my prediction so far.

Go Warriors!
Judging by your second paragraph, I would say that your education wasn't wasted!!

Will be interested to see how the new Salesian/St Mary's team goes.

Anyone know if many players from either side has left because of the merger? How many of the St Marys boys would be a walk up start in the Salesian line up?

Will be interested to see how the new Salesian/St Mary's team goes.

Anyone know if many players from either side has left because of the merger? How many of the St Marys boys would be a walk up start in the Salesian line up?

Salesian will hardly lose any because of the merger. Pretty much 100% of the players where all for it. As far as St Mary's goes, pretty sure that most of their core playing group where behind it. Apparently very young side. Everyone is very excited about the year ahead, but too early to put predictions out there but you could say its a move in the right direction.

Good move from St Mary's and Salesian, they should form a resonable side! Surely they could find a new ground now, ferndale park is the pits!

Played against Bentleigh last year and they seem to have had the youngest list in the comp. When we platyed them they ahd 16 guys under the age of 22 playing.

Should make for an interesting year, bring it on....

Go Eira!

Can't really say much as yet due to the fact haven't really heard anything on the grape vine but am definately looking forward to hearing of new recruits and potential players to watch out for in '08!

Many clubs getting an early start to pre-season?

St Mary / Salesian started on Monday. About 40 guys there, good mixture from both previous clubs. Everyone was pumped and raring to go already, hopefully some exciting times ahead for the new club.

Any new recruits or early potential for oppositions to keep an eye on?

Some really good young kids from St Mary's look like they will make the grade quite easliy. A few new faces who also look the goods. Still plenty of numbers to come in the next few weeks, so we will know a bit more then.

May be a stupid question but i have just had a look at the draw and we at St Mary's / Salesian have Ivanhoe away round 1. Am i wrong in saying that Ivanhoe finished 3rd in D3 last year????? Why have they come up???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are your thoughts on the draw, I don't know why the VAFA think it is good to play two and home then 2 away. They seem to have done this twice in the season. What is wrong with just alternating between home and away

What are your thoughts on the draw, I don't know why the VAFA think it is good to play two and home then 2 away. They seem to have done this twice in the season. What is wrong with just alternating between home and away

Yeah i thought that was a bit strange. St Mary's / Salesian has 2 home 2 away pretty much through out the whole season not just twice. I suppose its great to play 2 weeks in a row at your home, but then there is the flip side!!

Yeah i thought that was a bit strange. St Mary's / Salesian has 2 home 2 away pretty much through out the whole season not just twice. I suppose its great to play 2 weeks in a row at your home, but then there is the flip side!!

I would be rapt to have 2 games in a row away the only downside is you have to play 2 in a row that sh1thole at ferndale Park. You guys should request to play 18 games away.

I would be rapt to have 2 games in a row away the only downside is you have to play 2 in a row that sh1thole at ferndale Park. You guys should request to play 18 games away.

Comedian....

Ferndale Park is looking fantastic at the moment, nice and green, good surface!! More than you could say for alot of clubs out there...

So who is coaching who in D2? Re-appointed or new & if new from where?

Werribee -
Banyule -
Therry Penola -
Old Paradians -
St Marys Salesian -
Glen Eira -
Bentleigh -
Old Westbourne -
Emmaus St Leos -
Ivanhoe -

They're talking up Westbourne vs Werribee in the Rivalry Round - more like a local derby, didn't realise there was any rivalry.

I was under the impression there was a big rivalry. Lots of talk of poaching players from each other - I don't think it has happened a lot though.

OW haven't enjoyed the successes that Werribee have had of late, and it's almost a feeling of 'the tables have turned' for some of the OW crew. Or so I hear.

Oh, I don't know, the vibe is still good at Arctic Park. There may be one or two faces missing next year, a few new ones arrive, same as any club. Fab Gatti has been reappointed senior coach, no surprises there. Nick Smith coaches my son at his footy clinic, he's moving to Wagga to teach and has picked up a gig as player/coach for the Wagga side for considerable coin. (Or it might have been the other way round, your opinion may vary.) All the best to him, hope he does well up there, and no doubt someone will fill his spot at Westbourne more than adequately.

Comedian....

Ferndale Park is looking fantastic at the moment, nice and green, good surface!! More than you could say for alot of clubs out there...

Come on mate, Ferndale Park might look OK but it is still a sh*t footy ground. Greyhounds have more room in their boxes than a side has in those changerooms then you have to share the showers with the opposition! As for that hill .........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back