D2 D2 Ammos 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree Lions Den. Galloway has been a great pick-up this year. The Hoes missed him last year. Reads the play superbly down back. Gets a heap of it too. Definitely a player Leos need to watch this week.

Likes to play up to the crowd too Buddy-love. Sends kisses to his lovely when he is playing a ripper:p

Guess we'll be underdogs again then.

Hope we get that close to Ivanhoe but a close loss we will be heart breaking!!!!!!!!:(

Now, Now Drifter - it would be an insult for you to think that anyone on this forum would feel that a full strength Animals would have any trouble with a full strength Hoes.

Clearly the second best team in the comp.
Smacked the Hoes twice this year - by 8 goals plus.
Only team to beat the Bees.

Dress it up anyway you like fella - you guys are red hot and have to deal with it. The early reports have Johno healy quoting $1.05 Animals and Hoes $6.45.

He did have me as a big fav over you in the sprint .......even after I have played 4 quarters. :thumbsu:

Chump.

P.S. ANY loss is heart breaking.

G'day B-22,

Thanks for that - had a great day at the club and have been very lucky to play so many games......not too many good ones.:D Have enjoyed the year apart from a few injuries and work issues. Only jumped on the ground about 11 or 12 times and as usual contributed little.

Looking forward to the weekend - BIG, BIG challenge, but we are playing ok and have a chance in a two horse race.

I see Wamba is filling you in on the rest..........

You had another run too !! Nice work. Carve them up as usual?

Chump.

My season went much the same mate with injury limiting my time on the ground - very frustrating when the body just won't do what you want it to any more hey?!?!?

haha pretty hard to "carve them up" at my speed chump as you should well know.

Good luck for the weekend and keep up the good work!

Hi B22,

Did Jacko snag a few this year?

yeh mate he ended up winning the league goalkicking!!!

His team lost gf by 8 points.

He was a little frustrated with footy up here in NSW cos in u10's they play zones. Basically its kinda like netball with the ground cut into 3rds and u r only allowed in your zone!!! Its crazy and very frustrating to watch. They use a line of cones to designate each zone and the kids basically line-up at the cones waiting for the ball to come in cos they are free kicked if they leave their area! Midfield players wear different jumpers to distinguish who is ment to be where?!?!?

Funny tho that they play these modified rules yet they keep score, have ladders and finals and even award best and fairests so an interesting mix of "give everyone a go zones" and ruthless "win at all cost" coaching . quite laughable!

How did u find ur first footy free year old mate?!?! it seems that OW missed your input no doubt!

How did u find ur first footy free year old mate?!?! it seems that OW missed your input no doubt!

The big fella was definately missed Beserk, as was a certain stocky midfielder who was capable of kicking a few. We were really stretched in the backline all year due to the loss of Old Warrior, Balloch and Miller, and if it wasn't for the addition of Templeton at CHB we would have struggled even more.

Good to see you back on here mate. Any plans next year? haha

The big fella was definately missed Beserk, as was a certain stocky midfielder who was capable of kicking a few. We were really stretched in the backline all year due to the loss of Old Warrior, Balloch and Miller, and if it wasn't for the addition of Templeton at CHB we would have struggled even more.

Good to see you back on here mate. Any plans next year? haha

moving back to vic next month, glenroy actually! Landed a teaching job in Plenty Valley so will wait and see about footy plans for next season. I definitely still have the itch tho! ;)

I definitely still have the itch tho! ;)

Well there you go, I'm sure you won't mind a nice long relaxing drive to training and home games!

The zones thing raised my eyebrows but at least it avoids the usual U9-U10 situation of being able to throw a teatowel over 32 players in the forward 50 (and the four lonely guys at the other end of the paddock sitting down and having a chat).

You still doing the Elite Footy thing with the kids?

Well there you go, I'm sure you won't mind a nice long relaxing drive to training and home games!

The zones thing raised my eyebrows but at least it avoids the usual U9-U10 situation of being able to throw a teatowel over 32 players in the forward 50 (and the four lonely guys at the other end of the paddock sitting down and having a chat).

You still doing the Elite Footy thing with the kids?

haha depends where im driving to???

Yes the zone idea intrigued me at first! It does work at separating players and stopping the 18 on 18 rugby type scrum that seems to follow the ball at the lower age groups. IMO it still doesnt work tho. All you end up with is 3 separate rugby type scrums, and i hate the idea of teaching kids they cannot leave their zone even when the ball is sitting just one metre away! It also means there is no reward for working hard cos the most you can do is get it out of your area then wait til it comes back. Not to mention the amount of times where a game was one-sided where the ball does not go into your zone at all and you cant even run up the ground abit to try getting a kick that way.

Add to that the fact they were playing 24 aside to "give more kids ago"! So u do the sums. Thats 8 players from each team in each zone which gives you asolid pack of 16 in each scrum in each zone and they play on shortened footy fields!!!!! Mate you better get it on your foot real quick before that pack converges.

and BTW - even with the zones you can still find time to sit and chat if you're uninterested enough!! lol :D

Yes started the Elite footy coaching in Wagga and it went well. Will hope to start something up again once im back and settled!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Table Tennis Tips for this week:

Well after seeing the Animals put in a pretty spirited performance last week, i believe i will pick the paper up on Sunday and read:

Emmaus St Leos 112 V 103 Ivanhoe.

Ivanhoe were the underdogs last week and very much so again this week. will be interesting to see if they can cut another one down at the knees.

Good luck to both sides. hope you throw the kitchen sink at each other.

Remember. INJURIES INJURIES INJURIES.

IF it comes to the last quarter, and your leg is not broken, go in and break it good!

Worried about not being able to beat the opposition's best on your own merits TT?

Not for me to worry about wamba, but im sure the side are confident that they can beat anyone if they turn up and play thier best footy.

Massive good luck to the Animals tomorrow.

Lets try and stop this Ivanhoe juggernaught once and for all!!!

Yep that 12 /7 win loss record so far this year sees us clear fav's drifter.:p

You can leave your running shoes at home tomorrow - I will be busy between 2 and 4.30.

looks like it's you and West in the dash .....:thumbsu:

Chump.

Yep that 12 /7 win loss record so far this year sees us clear fav's drifter.:p

You can leave your running shoes at home tomorrow - I will be busy between 2 and 4.30.

looks like it's you and West in the dash .....:thumbsu:

Chump.

Congratulations on the call up Chump

Gee Angelo Pace was a bit stiff to get dropped but then again you have played 350 of the best:thumbsu:

Congratulations on the call up Chump

Gee Angelo Pace was a bit stiff to get dropped but then again you have played 350 of the best:thumbsu:

I don't think anyone could take the big fellas spot drifter....... but I might run into Macca around half back and say hello;)

Chump

I don't think anyone could take the big fellas spot drifter....... but I might run into Macca around half back and say hello;)

Chump

Well Ivanhoe gave us all we could handle yesterday and we are very happy to win through to the GF and D1 next year.

The Hoes really started well into the breeze and I think controlled most of the 1st half and let us off the hook just a little.

We finally got a run on in the 3rd qtr with the wind and it proved enough in the end.

Very tough side to play Ivanhoe - they improved as the season progressed alot and I wish them well in season 2009 and with their Undies in the GF this week.

Anyhow one more chance to try and stop the Tigers and we'll give it our best shot even though we have been outclassed in the 2 weeks prior to this one.

Cheers Drifter :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back