D2 D2 Ammos 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee imagine if we had all the lads from Assumption and Old Ivanhoe playing at Ivanhoe AFC .......we might stand a chance of making the four?;)
That's takint a bit far Chump, don't forget that Werribee, OW, Parade and the Glen have this division all wrapped up, the OI and Assumption guys have nothing on them......

That's takint a bit far Chump, don't forget that Werribee, OW, Parade and the Glen have this division all wrapped up, the OI and Assumption guys have nothing on them......

I've never heard of Glen, Eddie. Now if your going to get on here and be pedantic smart arse then I'm expecting alot more from you!

Good hit out at Soldiers Reserve today. Reasonably fast even contest between Werribee and NOBS, lots of end-to-end pingpong with the scores W 4-5-29 to N 6-6-42 at half time.

After the break it got quite dark, some arseclown said "Send her down, Hughie" and Hughie was listening. Absolutely bucketed down then turned to hail coming down at 45deg for about ten minutes. NOBS must have been all clustered under the roof by the tuckshop because Werribee continued to play and kicked 5-3 to 0-0 for the third quarter. To their credit the NOBS boys came back into the game in the last quarter but Werribee still ran out 12-12-84 to 7-8-50 winners. (Same praccy match last year, Werribee won 12-11-83 to 11-11-77. At least they're consistent.)

About the only thing I'd read into the result is that NOBS need to work on their wet ball handling skills, it was like a cake of soap but Werribee managed the conditions better in the third.

Good hit out at Soldiers Reserve today. Reasonably fast even contest between Werribee and NOBS, lots of end-to-end pingpong with the scores W 4-5-29 to N 6-6-42 at half time.

After the break it got quite dark, some arseclown said "Send her down, Hughie" and Hughie was listening. Absolutely bucketed down then turned to hail coming down at 45deg for about ten minutes. NOBS must have been all clustered under the roof by the tuckshop because Werribee continued to play and kicked 5-3 to 0-0 for the third quarter. To their credit the NOBS boys came back into the game in the last quarter but Werribee still ran out 12-12-84 to 7-8-50 winners. (Same praccy match last year, Werribee won 12-11-83 to 11-11-77. At least they're consistent.)

About the only thing I'd read into the result is that NOBS need to work on their wet ball handling skills, it was like a cake of soap but Werribee managed the conditions better in the third.

Was at the Werribee vs NOBS game also today, Plamington and A. Taylor were the definite standouts for tigers, all seemed to be going well for NOBS until their best player went down with a shoulder injury. Fastuca up forward for Werribee took a number of strong contested marks and proved he will be a handful this year.

It was very noticeable in the first half, however, that a lot of Werribee players are selfish and continue to 'burn' their teammates. Some of their best players including the Lee brothers are very guilty of this. Perhaps if they were to play a better team game they would actually win a flag in the next few years, rather than just going up a division.

Just putting a post out to see whether there is any club looking for a practice match next Saturday the 5th against Latrobe Uni (d3). We were double booked for a practice match and came off 2nd best from that double booking. Would prefer to play away if possible but can accomodate a home game if the club doesn't have access to a ground. If any club is keen please send me a PM.

WEST did a great job in the two's i must say, White looks good on you mate....

Richmond Central (D4) is also looking for a team to play this weekend. If you have a ground available we'll show up whenever! PM me if you're interested.

WEST did a great job in the two's i must say, White looks good on you mate....

Firstly good to see the thread up and running.

Was down at Ferndale Park to see the Combine account for Fitzroy Reds in both ressies and seniors.

Suspect Salesian-St Mary's to be definitely in contention for a Top 4 finish - same Salesian players to look out for plus maybe 6-8 St mary's lads who look like they will slot into the 1's.

Good hitout for a side with new players, new home ground and new coach - they's be pretty pleased I suspect.

Anyone know much about OW forward line - who would be the players to shut down in order.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Firstly good to see the thread up and running.

Was down at Ferndale Park to see the Combine account for Fitzroy Reds in both ressies and seniors.

Suspect Salesian-St Mary's to be definitely in contention for a Top 4 finish - same Salesian players to look out for plus maybe 6-8 St mary's lads who look like they will slot into the 1's.

Good hitout for a side with new players, new home ground and new coach - they's be pretty pleased I suspect.

Anyone know much about OW forward line - who would be the players to shut down in order.....

Watched most of the OW finals last year. OW have a number of players who can kick multiples and from memory I think Hutton, Jeka and Horsburgh kick 5 or more goals on more than one occasion last year.

The obvoius first choice to shut down would be last years league b&f winner Hutton, from there take your pick out of Horsburgh, Jeka, Pavez, and Hudson, although I believe the latter to be on Werribee's VFL list this year.

It is a very tough forward line to match up on as they don't have that 'blonk in the goal square' type and they really don't favour going to one player in particular. Should be intersting to see how they go up against the stronger competition this year.

Watched most of the OW finals last year. OW have a number of players who can kick multiples and from memory I think Hutton, Jeka and Horsburgh kick 5 or more goals on more than one occasion last year.

The obvoius first choice to shut down would be last years league b&f winner Hutton, from there take your pick out of Horsburgh, Jeka, Pavez, and Hudson, although I believe the latter to be on Werribee's VFL list this year.

It is a very tough forward line to match up on as they don't have that 'blonk in the goal square' type and they really don't favour going to one player in particular. Should be intersting to see how they go up against the stronger competition this year.

Are these blokes just straight out of the forward line or are they versitile and can play through the mid-field and down back?

I personally rate Collins aswell and the Connors boys and Charlmers from the mid-field can keep scoreboard pressure coming. I think they will cope with the step up pretty well.

Thanks Centurian - thats a nice report about the forward 6.

Last Years posters would know Im from Leos - we havent had a praccy yet due to a ground/admin stuff up but have our first hitout this Saturday

Cant wait for Round 1 to see whose legit

Werribee the team to beat in my opinion - coming 3rd last year and with a young list and seriously good 2's outfit - they would have to start favourites in my opinion.

Is Boundy back at OP - yes or no??

Last Years posters would know Im from Leos - we havent had a praccy yet due to a ground/admin stuff up but have our first hitout this Saturday

Werribee the team to beat in my opinion - coming 3rd last year and with a young list and seriously good 2's outfit - they would have to start favourites in my opinion.

Boundy kicked 4 goals for the Bullants (VFL) yesterday at Frankston so I would say no Drifter.

My opinion Old Westbourne is the team too beat...

Thanks Harps

Are SMD looking stronger than last year in your opinion?

Saw Fitzroy Reds on Sat - I know its a praccy by not alot there that would concern you!!!
Thank God. Somebody is writing the Reds off for a change. You're a true champion Drifter. I know it's not a D1 thread, but the amount of dribble that comes out of some people in the Reds camp has become a bit silly in recent seasons, and I agree, there was not much that shone out for the Reds on Saturday. The odd nice piece of play, but in general i think 2008 maybe a longer season forthe boys from my namesake than many think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back