D2 D2 Ammos 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard a rumour that Werribee are playing Therry in a practice match this week. Can anyone confirm this? Surely this can't be true considering Werribee play therry in round 2. I know teams are desparate for getting extra hitouts before the season starts, but playing someone who you will face during the year just seems silly to me.

I heard a rumour that Werribee are playing Therry in a practice match this week. Can anyone confirm this? Surely this can't be true considering Werribee play therry in round 2. I know teams are desparate for getting extra hitouts before the season starts, but playing someone who you will face during the year just seems silly to me.

Spoke to a guy from Werribee today and yes thay are playing Therry this saturday....Personally i dont see that harm it it.

Ah well, the "SBMT investigation" rumours have been knocked on the head, time to start a new one. How about Werribee and TP are plotting behind the scenes, in the praccy Werribee win by 20 goals, and in round 2 Therry get up by 4 points and both teams make a motza on the secondary sports betting market?

It's true.

You play the teams that are available in the practice matches - regardless of when or, in some cases, if you meet them during the year.

It'll be a game where both teams can see who will be selected come Round 1

Thanks champ

how are the former OP boys looking on the track?

Fido's knee has not come up, Ted is still retired, Matt is in QLD, Dan has family comittments, Benny J is having a baby, Meggsy is in QLD, Ricko is chasing brazillos, Skunk is coaching, Jacko is on the punt, Bomb head has to work saturdays, Choppa is selling shoes, Nibo is in the gym, Flappers would rather uphold the law and Mullet Fury has to chase dreaming Lygons out of his yard each wekend :D

Apart from that ..........a few of them are getting around the track ok.

Hey drifter - what did you think about the combine that took on the reds?

They looked ok - Its such a small ground - it wasnt a real attractive game to watch.

Not a heap of height for the combine - almost a team of flankers that found a bit more space in the 2nd half

Pulled away from the reds in the 3rds - seriously the reds looked average so likely missing a few

Are you an OP boy?

If so why will they stop the slide this year - have players come back or D2 is simply too low for them to slide any further??

Another strong result from the boys out at Bundoora on the weekend.

Look out D2

lol pretty sure OP didnt look that good on saturday afternoon, therry won the match by a couple of goals and played without a lot of new faces and corey bannister only played one quarter and kicked about 3, he will be hard to stop this year i hear...will therry be anygood this year, anyone think they can make finals?

They looked ok - Its such a small ground - it wasnt a real attractive game to watch.

Not a heap of height for the combine - almost a team of flankers that found a bit more space in the 2nd half

Pulled away from the reds in the 3rds - seriously the reds looked average so likely missing a few

Are you an OP boy?

If so why will they stop the slide this year - have players come back or D2 is simply too low for them to slide any further??

G'day drifter - thanks for the follow up. I am actually from Ivanhoe AFC and we play the combine in round one. I think they will be pretty good ( from what I hear ) and we are expecting a tough round 1 game with them.

As for OP's I really don't know much about their team this year. I did hear they are a young group and that they are looking to rebuild the club with that youth. I dare say they will be doing everything to stop the slide of the past two seasons.

Not much has been mentioned about your boys on here Champ, whats the word down at Ivanhoe? have you retained most of last years list? what are your expectations this year?

Not much has been mentioned about your boys on here Champ, whats the word down at Ivanhoe? have you retained most of last years list? what are your expectations this year?

G'day Akka - good to hear from you again mate.

The boys have done a long pre-season and look to be going ok. Same as most teams I think - lost a few - gained a few. We haven't played any practice games , so hard to tell how the new blokes will go under match conditions - until it happens.

Great injection of youth around the place, so that has been a positive and we are looking forward to developing a few of the unders into the senior mix throughout the year.

Our expectation - hopefully to finish higher than last ....where everyone has picked us to finish;)

Cheers Champ.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every club seems to be loaded up with youth & you would think it was an under age comp from reading this forum.

Who are the ageing veterans or mature age recruits that we should look out for?

Every club seems to be loaded up with youth & you would think it was an under age comp from reading this forum.

Who are the ageing veterans or mature age recruits that we should look out for?

dan 'munta' ryan has come out of retirement this year and from all reports has piled on atleast 700 grams of pure muscle..will rack up the ball.

eilan healy back from o/s and will be a very valuable acquisition.

dan 'munta' ryan has come out of retirement this year and from all reports has piled on atleast 700 grams of pure muscle..will rack up the ball.

eilan healy back from o/s and will be a very valuable acquisition.

what club is this hhound?

Plenty of youth at St Leos too just to keep the trend going...

Can I ask what rivalry - have we played you in the last 5 years??

Anyhow we'll call it a show down if that suits you boys

Bit of a half time stoush involving coaches and players about 5 years back out at St Leos, some Ivanhoe players getting their tyres slashed fueled a bit of rivalry you could say.

Bit of a half time stoush involving coaches and players about 5 years back out at St Leos, some Ivanhoe players getting their tyres slashed fueled a bit of rivalry you could say.

Sh*t news to me. Was this in the seniors -what grade (we were up in C Grade about 5 yrs ago - were Ivanhoe?)

Anyhow might not drive to match to be safe...

HHound - even before the 'push and shove' a few years back we always enjoyed the games against the St Leos boys.

Chump.

HHound - even before the 'push and shove' a few years back we always enjoyed the games against the St Leos boys.

Chump.

Right - will investigate this amongst the older blokes at training tonite

We were rolling into Round 2 with no idea of this issue and now will have to bring appropriate tyre slashing devices

We were rolling into Round 2 with no idea of this issue and now will have to bring appropriate tyre slashing devices

Can't comment on that drifter - I was not playing that day - so have only been passed down the stories. If it's true i may have to pull a hammy round two !!!

( I haven't had to do that since Parkside and Fawkner left the ammos ).

Chump.

I was playing that day (it was in D1), and yeah it got a bit out of hand at half time, but that's footy. Don't remember any tyres being slashed though, think that's a beat up.
Looking forward to catching up with you boys in round 2, but seeing as only about 5 of our current players played that day, I hardly see it as a big rivalry.

What practice matches do we have this weekend??? We (St Mary / Salesian) have Old Geelong at home, should be a great test. Currently have about 7 on the bench in the 1's and 26 on the bench in the 2's!!!!!! The 2's match will be over 6 terms. Looking forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back