D2 D2 Ammos 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinker - does Boundy have OP listed as 2nd club??

When do VFL released players come out?
Would have thought it rare that a VFL club would release a bloke who has been playing seniors to back & play at a lower level when they have a bye.

Did he play at all for OP last year?

Would be massive 'ace in the pack'...

Your kidding aren't you. 3 games in and your writing off Therry. Still 15 games to go, and winter hasn't started. Injuries to other sides etc. could see them moving up the table. Not that bad of a side and I'm sure with a bit of luck won't end up on bottom. Having said that 2 sides will end up there, but too early to call. May even see your mob there, who knows??
going into last rounds bottom of the table clash between therry and bentleigh it was tough to judge where they may finish come seasons end. both teams already had played what are accepted as the top 2 sides, which is a very tough start to the year in anyones books.
after bentleigh taking the points and doing that without several key personnel, I tip them to take it right up to many sides this year. with a full side they will string together some handy wins I am sure.
therry had a great chance last week, coming home with the wind, kicked the first few goals of the final term but bentleigh managed to really steady the ship and get a few back in time.
also drifter I wouldnt suggest banyule's ground is "sensational" however it is a lot better than last year :thumbsu:

Is it all over for Therry this year??

No offence to the Bentleigh boys, but I would of thought if Therry were going to do anything this year then they should of won on the weekend! 0-3 and % of 50 makes it a very hard for those boys.

Then again they are only 1 win away from equal 5th spot and have already played Werribee and Banyule.
Far too early to be making that call, last year we lost the first game of the year by 20+ goals, lost the second game to the eventual woodenspooners and yet made the GF and gained promotion....far too early I'd say.

Played 1 game and kicked 8.8 against peninsula.
Thats a fair return..........was it early in the year before he was an established senior player as he obviously is now? Would be a big personal risk to play now that he has done the hard yards to secure a senior spot......wouldn't want to get injured playing D2 & end your VFL career

Thats a fair return..........was it early in the year before he was an established senior player as he obviously is now? Would be a big personal risk to play now that he has done the hard yards to secure a senior spot......wouldn't want to get injured playing D2 & end your VFL career

Hardly think any decent player would even consider injury as an excuse not to have a kick. That said though, Boundy won't play. Take it to the bank.

VFL Clubs are loathe to let their listed players come back and play D2 Ammos, even if the player wants to. If you ask VFL coaches if they have seen any D2 games they most likely haven't. They have no idea as to the standard. We have 2 VFL clubs to deal with and its not an easy task. We've been feeding the VFL ( and other clubs) for years and its good to see some of those blokes come back and play from where they started.

Bad news in the cutting room of the Ammo show, due to an unprecedented amount of crap spouted by Frase and Myself only A and B sections made the cut. Perhaps in time HQ will release the full 37 minute edition of the round 4 Ammo show until then I'll try to work some D2 content onto it next week.
Sorry guys!

My tips were and still are
ESL by 18 in the 2nd best game of the round
Bentleigh by 18 to start building some momentum
Werribee by 19 in the game of the round
Ivanhoe by 30 in what will become a very forgetable game
Old West by heaps at the wind tunnel

Bad news in the cutting room of the Ammo show, due to an unprecedented amount of crap spouted by Frase and Myself only A and B sections made the cut. Perhaps in time HQ will release the full 37 minute edition of the round 4 Ammo show until then I'll try to work some D2 content onto it next week.
Sorry guys!

Thanks for letting us know in advance Harps!
FWIW, my tips
ESL by 30
Bentleigh by 6
Banyule in an upset by 6
Ivanhoe by 50
Old Westbourne by 30

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry guys!

A forgettable game between Ivanhoe and Therry?? Obviously dont rate either side then? I saw Ivanhoe last week and they arent as bad as everyone is making out. They will account for Therry comfortably.

A forgettable game between Ivanhoe and Therry?? Obviously dont rate either side then? I saw Ivanhoe last week and they arent as bad as everyone is making out. They will account for Therry comfortably.

well I know its rough but do we rate D3 teams - wouldnt think so

Why would Harps rate the D2 comp - at this point in time up a grade he can be afford to be cheeky

Poor Therry - any posters from that club out there?

What is the mood like in Oak Park?

Why would Harps rate the D2 comp - at this point in time up a grade he can be afford to be cheeky

From what I have seen Therry will be competitive but I don't think they will trouble many sides.

What are the problems at Therry anyone? Dropping down I would have expected more.

From what I have seen Therry will be competitive but I don't think they will trouble many sides.

What are the problems at Therry anyone? Dropping down I would have expected more.
"will be competitive but I don't think they will trouble many sides".........what the?

How competitive will they be if they are not going to trouble many sides, me think your a fool Magicroach

"will be competitive but I don't think they will trouble many sides".........what the?

How competitive will they be if they are not going to trouble many sides, me think your a fool Magicroach

It's not that hard to work out.

A side CAN be competitive for 3 quarters without winning. I was trying to be a little bit diplomatic.

For those new to the D2 thread most of the stuff I post is very much tongue in cheek, mostly.

I don't know a lot about Therry and we were breaking even in praccys with Ivanhoe when they were D1 and we were D3 so you could say nope, I don't rate them. Not when they are in the company of Werribee, ESL, SMS, GE and as much as I hate to say it Old Westbourne. Few will actually care about the result by Tuesday making that game forgetable.

I hope I don't come across as cheeky, after all I'm still having nightmares of late May last year at Soldiers Field after our honorable loss by 27 GOALS! Loads of respect for D2 from this little black duck.

Hoping to improve on the 2/5 i've gotten each of the first 3 weeks.
ESL over SMS in a close one
OP over Bentleigh comfortably
Werribee over Banyule by about 4 goals
Ivanhoe over TP by a few goals
OW over Glen Eira easily
Harps, good luck for your 4th loss this weekend and hope you enjoy your short stay in D1!!:eek:

bentleigh unlucky with boundy and young coming in for OP. most expected the dees to win but does this change the outcome? as far as I can see young has not played much footy this season but seeing it's D2 I'm sure he will have a large impact. I know bentleigh re-gain some key prospects and are slowly building to full strength, but are still very young and vulnerable. 8th v 9th but very interesting.

bentleigh unlucky with boundy and young coming in for OP. most expected the dees to win but does this change the outcome? as far as I can see young has not played much footy this season but seeing it's D2 I'm sure he will have a large impact. I know bentleigh re-gain some key prospects and are slowly building to full strength, but are still very young and vulnerable. 8th v 9th but very interesting.

Boundy playing - young not playing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back