Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OW to beat SMS by 40
Bentleigh in a tight one over TP - 4 points
Werribee easily over OP - 55 points
Glen Eira to beat Ivanhoe - 15 points
ESL over Banyule by 3 goals

Saw a bit of Young last week for OP. Was very impressed. Is it true he is only 17?

Yep it is true about Young for OP - turned 17 late last year.(Nov)

Yep it is true about Young for OP - turned 17 late last year.(Nov)

Well a tough loss out at Banyule

Game really could have gone either way but credit to Banyule who played smarter footy in the last 5 minutes.

Tough place to win out there - the Bears look really good and have been completely misjudged in the pre season.

Hopefully we can bounce back next week against SMS

boys, it Monday... Surely we can muster up some match reports!

lets get on here and discuss the games...

SMS df OW in what was a scrappy affair. Neither teams looked that good and with 6 first gamers for the 08 warriors the fitness was always going to be a problem. OW had their chances with more scoring shots.
SMS took their chances and ran the game out better.

What's going with the free kick count and the 25m penalties. Ammo's is supposed to be a quick free running style of football, but with the whistle happy umpires trying to over umpire it is impossible to enjoy a free flowing hit out. has anyone else found their games being over umpired?

The step up from d3 to d2 is enjoyable as each 'W' must be earnt.

Looking forward to some other games reports...

SMS df OW in what was a scrappy affair. Neither teams looked that good and with 6 first gamers for the 08 warriors the fitness was always going to be a problem. OW had their chances with more scoring shots.

What's going with the free kick count and the 25m penalties. Ammo's is supposed to be a quick free running style of football, but with the whistle happy umpires trying to over umpire it is impossible to enjoy a free flowing hit out. has anyone else found their games being over umpired?

Yeah Thanks Patty,

Who stood out for Salesian - have they found any talls??

Have to agree with you there Patty, the game between OW & SMS was a scrappy affair, was a tight contest all day & congrats to the SMS boys for chalking up their first win of 08, pity it was against us!

Neither side could break the shackles all day, both teams on occasions threatened to kick away only to be reeled back in. SMS skipped out to a 3 goal buffer at three qurter time before the margin was reduced to 9 points early in the last before SMS hit their straps and sent through about 5 unanswered goals to give them the points.

Both teams had their chances but SMS capitalized on theirs & played the better footy on the day. They play their small ground particularly well & like it in tight, teams won't enjoy playing them at home. Better players for SMS i thought were 22 up forward took some good grabs and jagged a few, 9 in middle was in & under all day, loves to take em on & is a hard prick to tackle, 13 up forward also had a good set of mits. OW was probably best served by Pavez and Chalmers through the middle & Collins up forward did well with limited opportunities.

Looking forward to this weekend with some very handy inclusions having their first hit out for OW in 08, & another half dozen back after being unavailable.

Hard fought game for 3 quarters till Werribee put their foot down in the last quarter. OP not that bad of a side with no. 10 on forward line strong in the marking contest and kicks well, and no.7 running all over the place. With a couple of quicks in their side would strenghen their line up and make them a very competitive side. They did fight it out all day and will be very competitive on smaller grounds where they get in and under.

Hard fought game for 3 quarters till Werribee put their foot down in the last quarter. OP not that bad of a side with no. 10 on forward line strong in the marking contest and kicks well, and no.7 running all over the place. With a couple of quicks in their side would strenghen their line up and make them a very competitive side. They did fight it out all day and will be very competitive on smaller grounds where they get in and under.
West, how big is no 10 from OP & does he play FF, CHF?

West, how big is no 10 from OP & does he play FF, CHF?

Come on Westy - we are trying to do a scouting report on here:D

Hey I believe the VFL has a Bye this weekend - anyone other than SMS lucky enough to get some boys released back from the higher comp.

Believe SMS have 2 coming back in which is not what we wanted to hear playing them this week!!!!

Ok - I'll shoot off my tips for this week.

Only got 3/5 last week

Match of the Season to date as Werribee host Banyule

This will be a great contest in the 1's and 2's all day.

Im going to say Werribee just a bit too good at home. Banyule will need to be ultra physical, Werribee need to use their speed and foot skills.

How big is Werribee's home ground - this is a factor.

Werribee by 22 points

In the 2's Werribee by 25 pts too.

Bentleigh hosting the OP. With McAdam getting good info ;)on the blokes carrying the OP, its should be 2 in a row for Bentleigh and a move towards mid ladder where I think they belong. Still dont know enough about OP except that they have some serious quality players coming through the ranks. Bentleigh by 35 pts

Ivanhoe hosting Therry - dont underestimate this Ivanhoe team. They didnt get the points but holding tough all day at Packer Park is a good form line. Therry just not showing enough yet. Ivanhoe to go 2 from 2 on their home turf. Ivanhoe by 32 pts.

That means OW is hosting Glen Eira. Some big overgrown (ie Tall which Im not) blokes in this one. This will be tough all day - OW need some quality back in this one to get the points - maybe the VFL bye will help them - not sure. I rate Glen Eira massively but going to take the home team just. OW by 12 pts

Finally we host SMS with their VFL boys back. A seriously slick midfield - Cam Armstrong, Lentini, Morsello and likely Papaluca and Singh back for their 1st games

We went 0-2 against Salesian last year.

Need to be better against them somehow.

ESL by 1 point

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We only have one VFL listed player at OW, and at this stage we are not sure whether he will come back to us or not. Some VFL clubs arent all that keen for their players to play local footy when they have a bye. Hopefully we will get him back though, will be a massive inclusion at CHB/CHF for us.

Ok - I'll shoot off my tips for this week.

Only got 3/5 last week

Match of the Season to date as Werribee host Banyule

This will be a great contest in the 1's and 2's all day.

Im going to say Werribee just a bit too good at home. Banyule will need to be ultra physical, Werribee need to use their speed and foot skills.

How big is Werribee's home ground - this is a factor.

Werribee by 22 points

In the 2's Werribee by 25 pts too.

Bentleigh hosting the OP. With McAdam getting good info ;)on the blokes carrying the OP, its should be 2 in a row for Bentleigh and a move towards mid ladder where I think they belong. Still dont know enough about OP except that they have some serious quality players coming through the ranks. Bentleigh by 35 pts

Ivanhoe hosting Therry - dont underestimate this Ivanhoe team. They didnt get the points but holding tough all day at Packer Park is a good form line. Therry just not showing enough yet. Ivanhoe to go 2 from 2 on their home turf. Ivanhoe by 32 pts.

That means OW is hosting Glen Eira. Some big overgrown (ie Tall which Im not) blokes in this one. This will be tough all day - OW need some quality back in this one to get the points - maybe the VFL bye will help them - not sure. I rate Glen Eira massively but going to take the home team just. OW by 12 pts

Finally we host SMS with their VFL boys back. A seriously slick midfield - Cam Armstrong, Lentini, Morsello and likely Papaluca and Singh back for their 1st games

We went 0-2 against Salesian last year.

Need to be better against them somehow.

ESL by 1 point

Drifter, a bit early in the week for tips isn't it? that's why i like hearing the match reports, to help educate me for tipping purposes.

Is it in the legislation that footy tips can't be selected until after the Footy show on thursday night? it should be.

I hope you haven't already made your supercoach trades for the week as well! :D

VFL inclusions will make a big difference to some tips this week.

There is a bloke from old paradians kicking goals for hurstbridge in the nfl at the moment, cattogio - anyone fill me in on what he is like -

Drifter, a bit early in the week for tips isn't it? that's why i like hearing the match reports, to help educate me for tipping purposes.

Is it in the legislation that footy tips can't be selected until after the Footy show on thursday night? it should be.

I hope you haven't already made your supercoach trades for the week as well! :D

VFL inclusions will make a big difference to some tips this week.

I know its early but Im bored...

Here is the ESL - Banyule match report

Banyule opened with a strong wind but didnt really do enough kicking 3.6 to about 1 goal so it was about even in reality.

We played our best footy of the year in the 2nd qtr and kicked 8 goals to 1 in the 2nd.

They reversed that in the 3rd - the wind a factor the whole time

Unfortunately with the lead changing 4 times in the last qtr we came out 5 points behind.

Tom Shepherd ruck roved in the 2nd half and really hurt us whilst Ianiddis didnt do that much but has a lovely kick on him and did well to kick 2 crucial last qtr goals and 5 for the game

I think I said before Banyule played very well - I think they would be very very likely finalists.

PS Supercoach trades on Fridays only - I take that deadly seriously!!!!

Has got a great Perm and played for Carlton.

Vin_Catoggio-th.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back