D2 for 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a bloke who used to live in Watsonia, and knowing a fair few lads who play or did play for them, it is common knowledge that Watsonia is still on its knees after failing to pay their players two seasons ago. They had a mass exodus from the club of a lot of quality seasoned players, and they have been the whipping boys since.
Don't know about Div 3 NFL being the same as D4 ammos though! From what I have seen in the past it would be more like D3, with the top tier teams giving D2 clubs a run for their money. Gauge the performances from the two D2 sides on that and see where they and Watsonia are at!

Lower Plenty played MHSOB in a praccy match last season when they were B grade and beat them by 120 points! Lower were runners up for Div 2 NFL.

Lower Plenty played MHSOB in a praccy match last season when they were B grade and beat them by 120 points! Lower were runners up for Div 2 NFL.

.........and subsequently MHSOB were the laughing stock of B grade in 2010 when they were thrashed in most games.

Still keeping an eye on ins and outs via clearances.
Lots of signings at La Trobe as expected. St Mary's are the surprise. Not much known about GE. Sth M have picked up since last report.
Not much to make you happy at Aquinas and down in the Old West

Any reports from Aquinas?

29/3/11

St Mary's 6 17 +11
Glen Eira 1 12 +11
LaTrobe 15 24 +9
Sth Melb 2 9 +7
Therry 8 9 +1
S t Johns 12 9 -3
Eltham 10 7 -3
St Leos 8 3 -5
Old West 34 8 -26
Aquinas 38 5 -33

We're getting close now lads. One last practice match for the Saints this weekend not sure who against though just yet, will be very interesting. What about everyone else, any matches this weekend? And how you all shaping up? 33 in the negative for Aquinas is a daunting stat whats going on over there?

Guru Out!

Latrobe uni playing Parahan Assumpton today in the first and seconds
this should be a interesting game

Any practice game results?

St Leo's beat Box Hill North (D4) by 5 goals! i heard St leo's had 3-4 senior players out BHN had 7-9 senior players out. Nothing against St Leo's but for their sake i hope they had alot more senior players out otherwise struggle town for them this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 1 - the time for talk is almost over!!

St leos vs Eltham - Both had some negative vibs coming out but on that little ground I'll stick with the home side 26 points

St Mary's vs Old Westbourne - St Mary's to make the most of Bentleigh going to SFL 14 points.

Therry vs Sth Melb - Long year ahead sth - 75 points

La Trobe vs Aquinas - bounce back from prac match form at home by 20 points

St Johns vs Glen Eira - tough start for St Johns and will be found wanting - 32 points

Quite happy to say all of the above may be wrong come 5pm Saturday however!

Gday Lads, time for some rd 1 tips which are based on really nothing and just from talk going around.

St leos vs Eltham - Home ground advantage, Hickey out is a major loss.

St Mary's vs Old Westbourne - Battle of clearances in and some major clearances out. Going with SMS due to the small surrounds of Ferndale. Looking fwd to seeing new rooms down there way too.

Therry vs Sth Melb - A game i dont know much about, Therry in a toss of coin.

La Trobe vs Aquinas - Latrobe, word is Aquinas have lost majority of senior side.

St Johns vs Glen Eira - Glen Eira easy and my tip for top 2 side.

Morning All, its time for the Guru to let you know the winner and losers for the coming weekend, so take notes and head down to the local bookie.

St.L v Eltham - A few big losses for both teams with key personel moving on. St.L with the home ground advantage by 12 points.

SMS v OW - Should be a close game and OW have traditionally struggled at Ferndale so SMS by 16 points.

Therry v Sth Melb - Therry to be right up there this years and kick off with a 30 point win.

Latrobe v Aquinas - Latrobe along the GE are the ones to beat this year and will win by plenty.

St J v GE - GE are flag favourites for mine and will win by 10 goals.

You heard it hear first folks.

Guru Out!

Morning All, its time for the Guru to let you know the winner and losers for the coming weekend, so take notes and head down to the local bookie.

St.L v Eltham - A few big losses for both teams with key personel moving on. St.L with the home ground advantage by 12 points.

SMS v OW - Should be a close game and OW have traditionally struggled at Ferndale so SMS by 16 points.

Therry v Sth Melb - Therry to be right up there this years and kick off with a 30 point win.

Latrobe v Aquinas - Latrobe along the GE are the ones to beat this year and will win by plenty.

St J v GE - GE are flag favourites for mine and will win by 10 goals.

You heard it hear first folks.

Guru Out!

St.L v Eltham - The animals were slow starters last year and came home with a wet sail. Animals to be too good at home. Hows their ground this year? Leos by 24
SMS v OW - OW will struggle and SMS will start well with a win at home. Margin 30pts
Therry v Sth Melb -Not much known about these two sides, you would think SMD should be competive coming down a divison. But I'll go with the home team by 18pts. How's TPs ground at the moment? last year it was a bog.
Latrobe v Aquinas - Latrobe have been promoted the last 2 years correct? If that is so, they will have a strong team so will be too much for the struggling Aquinas. Latrobe by 80pts
St J v GE - GE the team to watch this year, early tip for the flag. GE by 35pts

Don't know why you guys are giving Glen Eira a chance for the flag, saw them first hand on the weekend and they didn't seem to be any better than last year. The game was a good solid hit out but I didn't think they had improved from the year before. Unless the comp has weakened since our departure, I think they will be lucky to make the four again.

St.Leos Emmaus v Eltham -Animals were stiff to miss the finals last year, but Hickey leaves a big hole in the engine room. St Leos with the home ground advantage by a few.

SMS v OW - The Westys have had more emigrants than Ireland and Greece combined... It will take a few weeks for them to get to know each other. SMS will relish another chance at D2 level and start with a big W.
Therry v Sth Melb - Tuff ask for the Bloods to win at Broady first up.Therry will be a surprise packet for the 2011 season, with some learned scribes leaning heavily to them as the "smokey" for this year.
Latrobe v Aquinas - Latrobe have climbed out of D3 in style and seem destined to progress rapidly upwards thru the Grades.They will therefore be keen as mustard to get off to a fly for 2011.Aquinas on the other hand have dropped out of D1 and dropped off about 30 players...could be long year for the College boys

St J v GE - The JOCs are tough at Carroll Reserve and after a great season last year and a strong influx from last years U18s , should be primed to assault the upper echelons of D2. GE are an enigma. Came from nowhere last year and over the whole season, convicingly smashed nobody. But they just kept on winning. Unfortunately for them the run ended at the business end and they got unceremoniously dumped from the Finals race. Toss of the coin, but the home team just

Don't know why you guys are giving Glen Eira a chance for the flag, saw them first hand on the weekend and they didn't seem to be any better than last year. The game was a good solid hit out but I didn't think they had improved from the year before. Unless the comp has weakened since our departure, I think they will be lucky to make the four again.

Bentleigh would be paying $1.45 for the flag and $1.20 for promotion if they were still in the division!!

From what ive seen on here and from around the traps GE would be favorites at $2.20 for flag and $1.90 for promotion!

Next in line are prob Therry, La Trobe, St Johns at a guess.

:confused:

Whats that based on Portman? The stunning performances of bentleigh last year? You could hardly say they took the grade by the scruff of the neck last year.

Guru Out!

Whats that based on Portman? The stunning performances of bentleigh last year? You could hardly say they took the grade by the scruff of the neck last year.

Guru Out!

Early on they were unstoppable, then got a whole handfull of injuries and went off the rails, they were young aswell!!

I know eltham had a bad year but they absolutely smacked us at there ground and I'm glad we don't have to play them again!!

Guru Out!
Scruff of the neck yes, they stormed out of D3 & into the lower ranks of D2. Would be interesting to know how many 2nds players each team had in their practice match. Not sure that GE would have much to prove against a D2 cellar dwellar. Practice matches count for nil. I'd put the scout hall on SMS finishing higher this year than Bentleigh did 2010.

Scruff of the neck yes, they stormed out of D3 & into the lower ranks of D2. Would be interesting to know how many 2nds players each team had in their practice match. Not sure that GE would have much to prove against a D2 cellar dwellar. Practice matches count for nil. I'd put the scout hall on SMS finishing higher this year than Bentleigh did 2010.

Hey Dr

why do you acknowledge BB from the SFL. He and his mates jumped ship to a weaker comp. Oh by the way snipfish20 agrees BB is a moron

Originally Posted by Phantom Strobler
Hey Dr

why do you acknowledge BB from the SFL. He and his mates jumped ship to a weaker comp. Oh by the way snipfish20 agrees BB is a moron

Not coming to the rescue of Bentleigh Beard but:

Read or don't read into anything you want Dr Truth . But the fact of the matter is, Bentleigh only had 35 players available (due to weddings parties anything etc) on Saturday for both 1s & 2s practice matches, against Glen Eira. The 2s played with only 17 men on the ground.

I know GE had "3 key forwards" out (so I was informed) but I know 4 Bentleigh players had to double up for the 1s & play at least 7 quarters for the day.

As you are aware we won both matches. Phantom will vouch for this ;)

I'm not sure what this says about "flag favourites" Glen Eira for 2011?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back