D2 for 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to have the football back after all those Easter eggs !
Aquinas vs. St Johns
Old Eltham vs. South Melbourne
St Marys Salesian vs. Emmaus St Leos
Terry Penola vs. Old Westbourne
Glen Eira vs. La Trobe University

my tips for the round
Aquinas vs. St Johns St Johns wil be too fast and play small grounds very well
Old Eltham vs. South Melbourne Old Eltham as its their home turf and it's a long way north of the yarra for sth melb
St Marys Salesian vs. Emmaus St Leos St Leos as they will be aiming for the top two
Terry Penola vs. Old Westbourne therry will be too strong just for Old westy
Glen Eira vs.La Trobe University Glen eira on their home turf they want the top spot on the ladder also the whisper out of Latrobe is it has been hit hard with injuries

Glen Eira outfit with injuries had a big win against Johnno's juggernauts La Trobe. Hey Dr Truth, I will have a drink with you after the SMS game. How are you guys going with the new rooms etc.

Interesting round coming up...
· The JOCs play Eltham... and if Eltham win, they go 3/1.
If this happens and then going on the current form guide -the other games look like this-
· GE vs SMS…GE.
· Therry vs Aquinas ...Therry
· Latrobe vs OW...the students
· ESL vs the Districts....the Animals
This would mean after 4 rounds, the bottom 5 teams will collectively have won a total of 2 games between them!!!
The top 5 will have won 18 with 3 teams still undefeated. Is it just a weird draw or is there such a big divide already?
This can't be a good situation for D2...no offence to the Turtles, but I hope the JOCs get over the line and hope for a couple of other surprise results this week.
BTW the GE/Students match was a high standard affair. The students out of the blocks fairly quick and taking it right up to the home team to half time with good run and carry.
After that it was a whole world of pain…GE dominated from the clearances with Andrew “sphincter ‘Spink again outstanding. The GE defence clammed right up & the 2 GE key forwards caught everything that came their way and thus the score line blew out fairly quickly.
Latrobe kept at it .., but never really looked like getting back into the contest. An 8 goal to 2 last stanza certainly ensured a lopsided result.
I'm sure the Uni boys will welcome a few back after the holidays to bolster the ranks next week.

Interesting round coming up...
· The JOCs play Eltham... and if Eltham win, they go 3/1.
If this happens and then going on the current form guide -the other games look like this-
· GE vs SMS…GE.
· Therry vs Aquinas ...Therry
· Latrobe vs OW...the students
· ESL vs the Districts....the Animals
This would mean after 4 rounds, the bottom 5 teams will collectively have won a total of 2 games between them!!!
The top 5 will have won 18 with 3 teams still undefeated. Is it just a weird draw or is there such a big divide already?
This can't be a good situation for D2...no offence to the Turtles, but I hope the JOCs get over the line and hope for a couple of other surprise results this week.
BTW the GE/Students match was a high standard affair. The students out of the blocks fairly quick and taking it right up to the home team to half time with good run and carry.
After that it was a whole world of pain…GE dominated from the clearances with Andrew “sphincter ‘Spink again outstanding. The GE defence clammed right up & the 2 GE key forwards caught everything that came their way and thus the score line blew out fairly quickly.
Latrobe kept at it .., but never really looked like getting back into the contest. An 8 goal to 2 last stanza certainly ensured a lopsided result.
I'm sure the Uni boys will welcome a few back after the holidays to bolster the ranks next week.

Sayna did GE have any outstanding players or was it just because the Uni had players out? Not looking forward to playing GE.

last look at clearances

2/5/2011

TEAM OUTS INS +/-
Therry 12 32 +20
St Mary's 9 27 +18
LaTrobe 22 37 +15
Sth Melb 4 15 +11
Glen Eira 3 13 +10
Eltham 12 15 +3
S t Johns 16 17 +1
St Leos 13 8 -5
Old West 39 23 -16
Aquinas 46 15 -31

Interesting reading on the GE v LaTrobe match. Seems that GE are the real deal as expected. Noticed the Tsirogiannis was out. Spink is the clear number 1 ruckman in the comp. Just very mobile and clean hands. Even if the students had a few out, you wouldn't think that equates to a 10 goal loss. Lauderman is a very good player for them in the middle and hasn't been in the bests yet, so maybe the students are yet to truly fire.

Ciavola was the difference between the turtles and SMD, just a smart forward that has the knack for kicking goals. Marty Costello was out for SMD and probably was a big loss for them as he has the stevie J x-factor infront of goals. But sometimes the ambition outweighs the ability.

Akka- what happened to OWB?? I thought it was going to be closer as rnd 1 and 2 losses were around 8pts and 10pts. Did Therry just come out firing? by the looks of it, it was over by qtr time and OWB scored more than half their score in the last quarter. I see George kicked 9 for Therry. Maybe they have finally found a replacement for Bannister???

St leo's - is N. Barranello injured at the moment?? where's Beluszar?

GE are that good they had 6 or 7 outstanding players all day and will set the standard for D2 this year St leos next and then Therry the rest will be a lottery

GE are that good they had 6 or 7 outstanding players all day and will set the standard for D2 this year St leos next and then Therry the rest will be a lottery

I'm surprised you didn't put Latrobe in there especially seeing they have had 2 100pt wins out of 3 games!!

Looking at the line-up for Latrobe V GE, 5 players were missing that played rnds 1&2 but no game in Rnd 3. Maybe they are the injuries that were rumoured? They were all replaced by reserves (& one U19). That could explain explain the big margin especially if they were key players that were out.

In saying that, they should have depth and GE were probably missing a few....

It's still early days to determine whats going on. The same teams are winning but the margins have been varied. Rnd 1 is usually a tight affair with both teams busting at the seams to get out there so its hard to go by round 1 margins.

Seems that westbourne are having a terrible start to there season.
Have been hearing mixed reports on young player James DiBlasi who has been a real stand out in a struggling side. One to watch...

How did all the other teams cope after the easter break?

I'm surprised you didn't put Latrobe in there especially seeing they have had 2 100pt wins out of 3 games!!

Looking at the line-up for Latrobe V GE, 5 players were missing that played rnds 1&2 but no game in Rnd 3. Maybe they are the injuries that were rumoured? They were all replaced by reserves (& one U19). That could explain explain the big margin especially if they were key players that were out.

In saying that, they should have depth and GE were probably missing a few....

You are right BB, GE were missing 4 or 5 as well. But the reserves' result shows that GE have some depth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big Banga everybody seems to be tipping latrobe but its early days don't forget St johns only got knocked by GE by 11 points and the games between Latrobe and the joc's last season were close in all 4 games they play last year the biggest winning margin was 14 points i think both the students and the joc's will win games and be there abouts but GE, Therry and St leos will be the stand outs this year lets see how the students come back this weekend it will take some strong leadership and character to come back after a 72 point belting

Glen Eira outfit with injuries had a big win against Johnno's juggernauts La Trobe. Hey Dr Truth, I will have a drink with you after the SMS game. How are you guys going with the new rooms etc.
New rooms...somewhat classier than scout hall.. Score line will be interesting. Latrobe pump SMS, GE pump Latrobe. Latrobe seem to be reeling out the "injuries" excuse quite early, similar to Bentleigh last year. Not sure Packer Reserve is a fortress, but it ain't no Abbotabad Compond either. GE win, you buy the drinks, SMS, I'll have the pleasure.

New rooms...somewhat classier than scout hall.. Score line will be interesting. Latrobe pump SMS, GE pump Latrobe. Latrobe seem to be reeling out the "injuries" excuse quite early, similar to Bentleigh last year. Not sure Packer Reserve is a fortress, but it ain't no Abbotabad Compond either. GE win, you buy the drinks, SMS, I'll have the pleasure.

Wrong. Boys at Latrobe know that GE were by far too good on the day. both sides had a few out.

Will buy you a far better red wine than the rubbish you serve at Ferndale. I've had better $1 clean skins. We are still very injury ridden but at last there is some depth. Its nice to have a reserves that can win the odd game. You seemed to have recruited well, any guns?

Will buy you a far better red wine than the rubbish you serve at Ferndale. I've had better $1 clean skins. We are still very injury ridden but at last there is some depth. Its nice to have a reserves that can win the odd game. You seemed to have recruited well, any guns?

Phantom enough of the rubbish. I know you and Dr Truth are the same person.

Could be ugly out Packer Park way. They took all before them last week and made an ugle mess of Latrobe who did the same to us, will be interesting. Not jumping off the Latrobe wagon just yet, i think that they will be in the thick of it come finals time. Sorry the two buck chuck we serve at ferndale isnt up to scratch Phantom, i'll have a word to the committee.

Guru Out!

Aquinas vs Therrry Penola
Emmaus St Leos vs South Melbourne
La Trobe University vs Old Westbourne
Glen Eira vs St Marys Salesian
St Johns vs Old Eltham

Its true me and the Dr are one and the same.......or are we?:eek: Prehaps he is my evil twin:rolleyes:

Dr out!, sorry i mean Guru Out!
Guru & Phantom maybe one in the same....

Crazybear & Johnno Nash could be one as well, neither has any idea. Of that I am sure. Nearly time for a 2 buck chuck... See you in the mirror Guru

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back