D2 D2 Section 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant write too much, need to rush to the pub. Only having a couple of beers though - big game for us tomorrow at Eltham!

My Tips -
Eltham vs CY's - CY's
OP's vs YV - OP's. havent heard much about either team though. Playing YV next week, so will be keeping an eye on the results of this game
GE vs Banmule - Banyule should win easily. Expecting them to feature in the finals
Pen vs Therry - Tough one, but going with Pirates. Too skillful with some classy players
Ivanhoe vs OW - Ivanhoe.......just. Actually, im going for a draw.

Good luck to all.

Eltham V Willy - Willy easy - moving very nicely and will be too slick for tghe turtles. Sini works well off half back and barlow ready from another big one. Special mention to my old mate 'Wheels' - slot him in for a few tomo.
55 points.

Pirates V Therry - cracking game in the making. Home ground advantage is going to keep this very close. I have Therry right up there and getting better - Banno is on a role and the Pirates will have to do something about the delivery and the new forwards who will pop up and share the load.
Payze at one end with his opponet and Banno at the other with his .....everyone else in the midfield - great shoot out. I feel therry just going a little better - 13 points.

GE V the Bears - good game also. GE must win and not skip further behind. The bears youth and pace could be a big factor in the result. Will Drapac play? Bears for mind - even away - 24 points.

OPs V YV - again YV need the win after being very unlucky this far. Will be interested to see who holds the key forwards in this game. Clarke and Yeo will cause hight and size problems for OP's .....as will Sage for YV. If it's not to windy and stays reasonable the pace of OP's will cut YV up......if it gets a little ugly ( weather ) ....thenYV back in it. Flip.....op's by 2 points.

OW V Hoes - everyone has already said it - massive game for both teams and I bet a very, very tough encounter is on the cards. OW will enjoy the home ground advantage and would be very confident in their chances. Hoes have been OK and although 2-1 yet to really get into gear. IMO. I will go with the heart over the head - Hoes by 7 points.

Good luck all - Chump.

Good luck to all teams on the weekend.
Great to see Diamond Dave Lee back in the Clubbies tomorrow. Good luck, mate...and maybe, just maybe, there are a few more senior games left in the tank :thumbsu:
Big test for the Cys up at Eltham...they will surely be fired up for the gf re-match.

Time for my tips:

GEv Banyule Glen Eira not far off the mark but Banyule too strong and will win by 35 pts.

Peninsula v Therry-Peninsula a bit of an unknown at this point, Therry very impressive and will win by 26 pts.

OP's v Yarra-Parade to get the points by 3 goals. Yarra have been desperately unlucky so far and will need to make sure they don't drop off after these losses.

Eltham v Willi-Haven't seen Eltham but Willi run the ball well and will win by 5 goals.

OW v Ivanhoe-A fitter Old westbourne will be desperate forr this one and with Grant Connors back after injury and dominating, will be desperately unlucky to lose by 2 pts.

Grant connors is the defiition of a marshmellow, the softest c..t i have ever seen play footy. i will walk nude down burke st if he gets a hardball get this week.

Grant connors is the defiition of a marshmellow, the softest c..t i have ever seen play footy. i will walk nude down burke st if he gets a hardball get this week.

Get your clothes of then bud because he will be getting plenty of footy tomorrow. With hard balls in there as well!!!

Also most of the tipsters have backed the Hoes in for this week. It's our first game at home for the season with a decent crowd expected so i would be very suprised if we don't get up. Good luck to others.

Also most of the tipsters have backed the Hoes in for this week. It's our first game at home for the season with a decent crowd expected so i would be very suprised if we don't get up. Good luck to others.
That would be because the just about all the blokes tipping are boys from the Boulevard, so no surprise they are tipping themselves (me included). Akka tipped you and sand shoes has gone the draw! What are the rest of your tips Hoppers? Would love to see some guys from the other teams get on here and have a say/tip....... :rolleyes:

went to the fearon yesterday to see the chicken (going o/s) and dave lee show in the clubbies, footy at the fearon every week is too good. word back from the country was no good, eltham too big, too strong, too committed and can't believe i'm hearing it, too disciplined. no wheeler, no chicken elliott, no wong, willy no good, no hollywood, the best decision eltham has made. been a few bigheads around willy the last 6 mths ala o/w last year, time to take stock down there and realise d3 was mickey mouse. expect the old bloke to rattle a few cages, i might even spy training on tuesday.

went to the fearon yesterday to see the chicken (going o/s) and dave lee show in the clubbies, footy at the fearon every week is too good. word back from the country was no good, eltham too big, too strong, too committed and can't believe i'm hearing it, too disciplined. no wheeler, no chicken elliott, no wong, willy no good, no hollywood, the best decision eltham has made. been a few bigheads around willy the last 6 mths ala o/w last year, time to take stock down there and realise d3 was mickey mouse. expect the old bloke to rattle a few cages, i might even spy training on tuesday.

Well in the seniors the day started as follows -

Eltham reasonably pumped a bit nervous, a slight feeling the game could go either way....

Then we went to run on to the ground, and the Willy 2nds (absolute d!cks) proceeded to abuse us calling us all sorts gave us a dead set spray, it was an outragous act by the willy 2's, well from then on blood was boiling until the start of the game, it multiplied any sort of determination we had. I just cant believe a team would even do this??? ive never seen it happen b4, i still cant get over these idiots.

If i had anything to do with the Willy (eg president, coach etc) i would be disgusted with ur reserves, i did have a fair bit of respect for ur club, i have no respect at all for ur club after that. Not to mention the way u carry on behind the goals, take a look at urselfs ur w@nkers.

For ur info hollywood is still at the club has a long term injury and will be back....

A big win for the Turtles, if that was the case Port-man, then that is disappointing. The scoreboard in the 2's said enough, and should have left the talking at that.

hey port-man, wasn't there, haven't heard anything, if true that wouldn't have done a young undermanned willy outfit any good. nevertheless, i wouldn't think that you boys should be taking some moral highground after the disgraceful performance of players and supporters alike in last years granny. a performance that landed the club in hot water on and off the ground. as for hollywood, great to hear he will still play, great for the other clubs, he was the first man beaten in the gf and his brother was the second, but well done turtles, started well.

Eltham reasonably pumped a bit nervous, a slight feeling the game could go either way....

Then we went to run on to the ground, and the Willy 2nds (absolute d!cks) proceeded to abuse us calling us all sorts gave us a dead set spray, it was an outragous act by the willy 2's, well from then on blood was boiling until the start of the game, it multiplied any sort of determination we had. I just cant believe a team would even do this??? ive never seen it happen b4, i still cant get over these idiots.

If i had anything to do with the Willy (eg president, coach etc) i would be disgusted with ur reserves, i did have a fair bit of respect for ur club, i have no respect at all for ur club after that. Not to mention the way u carry on behind the goals, take a look at urselfs ur w@nkers.

For ur info hollywood is still at the club has a long term injury and will be back....

Turn it up Port-Man! You're a fair dinkum sook. You guys won the game fair and square on Saturday, full credit to u, willy completely outplayed. I would of hoped u guys would have been a bit more switched on than that to worry about what a few 2's players were saying. And as for the rubbish that went on behind the goals afterwards, maybe u should find out why that happened before u make ridiculous statements like that.

That's what I like to see...a bit of spice on this forum. Congrats to Eltham on Saturday: far too good on the day, got the jump on Willy and maintained their lead. Willy not overly disappointed with their loss considering Thurs night outs and no bench after 1/2 time on th big Eltham ground. However, no excuses: Eltham a much more disciplined unit this year imo, and really know how to play their ground. Hopefully, a loss like this will tell the Willy boys that they need to "come to play" each and every week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think what we can guage from the weekend is that the competition is a lot more even than first thought. Eltham had a great win against Willy, Therry came back from four goals down in the second to sneak home against an impressive Peninsula, Westbourne bounced back against an Ivanhoe side that has some hard work to do but always gathers momentum as the year progresses, while Banyule & OP's continue to go along nicely.

Having said that Yarra, Glen Eira aren't too far off the mark and will take their fair share of scalps along the way.

Turn it up Port-Man! You're a fair dinkum sook. You guys won the game fair and square on Saturday, full credit to u, willy completely outplayed. I would of hoped u guys would have been a bit more switched on than that to worry about what a few 2's players were saying. And as for the rubbish that went on behind the goals afterwards, maybe u should find out why that happened before u make ridiculous statements like that.

Im guessing ur one of those d!cks from behind the goals and one of those idiots that pumped up the oppostion in what will be known as the turtles most inspiring/effective pre game speach in my time anyway.

If i was the willy seniors or ressies coach i'd be making the 2nd's run that many 400's, all of ya's have big mouths....

I was at the Eltham Willamstown game on saturday and have to say that I was discusted with the way williamstowns 2 acted when Eltham ran onto the ground.

I support neither club but was interested in seeing the Grand Final reply, if I was Williamstowns Coach and senior players I would be filthy with them.

Williamstown gained massive respect from a lot of people, me included with the way they handled themselves in the grand final when Eltham lost the plot. Seeing the way the 2s acted after they won has reflected badly on the whole club.

The 1s game was played in good spirit with both teams hard but fair - a big congratulations has to go out to Eltham, compaired to last year there disipline was outstanding.

Williamstown needs get on top of this fast, they are a great team and a great club, there 1s are in my opinion the flag favourites, but the 2s acting like that was a discrase.

I was at the Eltham Willamstown game on saturday and have to say that I was discusted with the way williamstowns 2 acted when Eltham ran onto the ground.

I support neither club but was interested in seeing the Grand Final reply, if I was Williamstowns Coach and senior players I would be filthy with them.

Williamstown gained massive respect from a lot of people, me included with the way they handled themselves in the grand final when Eltham lost the plot. Seeing the way the 2s acted after they won has reflected badly on the whole club.

The 1s game was played in good spirit with both teams hard but fair - a big congratulations has to go out to Eltham, compaired to last year there disipline was outstanding.

Williamstown needs get on top of this fast, they are a great team and a great club, there 1s are in my opinion the flag favourites, but the 2s acting like that was a discrase.

Flag favourites? Seems to me willy have some real issues travelling. Maybe they feel safe on there little ground at home. Every team gets injuries as well so willy pretty much have no excuse if they want the title of flag favourites.

Eltham seems like an awfully long way to travel to watch a game where you don't support either club.

Out of interest who do you follow richardthethird?

Flag favourites? Seems to me willy have some real issues travelling. Maybe they feel safe on there little ground at home. Every team gets injuries as well so willy pretty much have no excuse if they want the title of flag favourites.

Do not want and never have wanted the title of "flag favorites". First loss of the season, so I'm not quite sure what the "travelling issues" are.

What exactly happened in the D3 Final last year? Did Eltham just go the knuckle when they were down and out or was it a lot more sinister and vicious than that?

Do not want and never have wanted the title of "flag favorites". First loss of the season, so I'm not quite sure what the "travelling issues" are.

Well maybe its an issue with playing on bigger grounds......glen eira is smaller than ur ground and ur ground is small. might get found out on the bigger grounds. Just a thought

Anyone have a report from the Therry v Peninsula game. I hear it was won with a kick after the siren!! and also that Peninsula were 7 goals up at half time and got run over, this seems to be a reoccurring problem for the pirates....

What exactly happened in the D3 Final last year? Did Eltham just go the knuckle when they were down and out or was it a lot more sinister and vicious than that?

We (eltham) went the man not the ball and played some undisciplined footy, as a club we've used it as an example of what we dont want to see on the field again, hopefully a lot stronger for it. Nothing more to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back