D2 D2 Section 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree, In my 40 years I have never said an umpire did the dirty on a club. We kicked 7 goals to zip in the first quarter and this bloke gave Banyule 6 goals from frees. Clapped and laughed at the crowd to incite them and I was told he attended the Banyule ball that night. Go figure.

Which umpire was it, Phantom? Simpson or Maiorano? if what you guys are saying is true, it's a blight on the VAFA umpiring fraternity.

I could comment about the 2nds umpire v Banyule last week (25/7), but because we lost by 1 point it could be misconstrued as sour grapes!

Which umpire was it, Phantom? Simpson or Maiorano? if what you guys are saying is true, it's a blight on the VAFA umpiring fraternity.

I could comment about the 2nds umpire v Banyule last week (25/7), but because we lost by 1 point it could be misconstrued as sour grapes!
Umpire was Simpson, and it was certainly not up to normal Ammo standard of umpiring. Also, definitely no sour grapes, as said in my post on Sat

No sour grapes, if its the bloke I'm thinking of and you get him on his own then your side has no chance of winning. Had him a couple of times over the last two years and his standard improves remarkably with a second umpire.

Interesting point crazy, those sour graps crew. have neglected to mention the 2 Banyule players taken from the ground after running into stray Glen Eira Limbs way off the ball! Resulting in a concussion/broken nose, and a lack of oxygen/some sore ribs. Totally agree with the Sour graps crew, not sure how the boys in white missed them!:confused:

HAHAHAHAHA Im pretty sure it is sour grapes. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Gongy would have got on here and said something about the umps even if we had of won. They were terrible. However I was more dissapointed with their attitude than than anything else. As another post states, umpires should not be laughing when paying a 'soft' frees in front of goal and turning and clapping to the crowd when the ball is up the other end.

Sorry Live it up, I didn't see the incidents which you are refering too. So can not comment. The game I watched seemed to be played in good spirits between the players from where I was standing.

Regarding the Gasometer's comment.
Banyules reserve umpire has a long history of being very 'effective' for his team when games are close. We have been on the recieving end of him a number of times. However he was fairly good on the weekend. Which proves that he does actually know how to umpire.

Gongy would have got on here and said something about the umps even if we had of won. They were terrible. However I was more dissapointed with their attitude than than anything else. As another post states, umpires should not be laughing when paying a 'soft' frees in front of goal and turning and clapping to the crowd when the ball is up the other end.

Sorry Live it up, I didn't see the incidents which you are refering too. So can not comment. The game I watched seemed to be played in good spirits between the players from where I was standing.

Banyules reserve umpire has a long history of being very 'effective' for his team when games are close. We have been on the recieving end of him a number of times. However he was fairly good on the weekend. Which proves that he does actually know how to umpire.

The other team never does.

Guys this year the president umpires the 2's games. The umpire you are referring to from past years doesn't umpire anymore, although he did do 2 Clubbies games this year!!

Change your name to ******** the third. Were you there?

I wasn't there on saturday but I spoke to a banyule player who thought they got a pretty good run. He also did mention that the GE players and crowd were giving the the umpire heaps.
After being involved in a assistant coaching capacity for the last 3 years at Kew I soon learnt that if you get on the wrong side early you will pay the price for the day. If you get a bad rep for umpire abuse it seems to stick with you for while.
Unfortunately when you play in the lower grades you get the umpires that a further down the scale. My advice is to just cop it on the chin and tell your players and supporters to tone it down on game day.

I wasn't there on saturday but I spoke to a banyule player who thought they got a pretty good run. He also did mention that the GE players and crowd were giving the the umpire heaps.
After being involved in a assistant coaching capacity for the last 3 years at Kew I soon learnt that if you get on the wrong side early you will pay the price for the day. If you get a bad rep for umpire abuse it seems to stick with you for while.
Unfortunately when you play in the lower grades you get the umpires that a further down the scale. My advice is to just cop it on the chin and tell your players and supporters to tone it down on game day.

You've hit the nail on the head Crazybear. Umps were far worse towards the Saints as the day wore on.

We generally have a very good rep with the umps, lets hope that this continues. Rest assured that the boys will be keeping a tight lip this weekend.

This isnt just subject to this one game.

The VAFA need to have a look at somehow improving the standard in the lower grades, the clubs, coaches, players, sponsers and supporters put in too much effort and time to turn up most weeks and watch an umpire trying to prove a point and go im gonna teach this bloke(s) in the crowd a leason, some weeks its just beyond a joke and makes me wonder why everyone even bothers turning up .....

I think what we all want is them to turn up and get on with it and umpire professionally put there emotions to the side and do a job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting point crazy, those sour graps crew. have neglected to mention the 2 Banyule players taken from the ground after running into stray Glen Eira Limbs way off the ball! Resulting in a concussion/broken nose, and a lack of oxygen/some sore ribs. Totally agree with the Sour graps crew, not sure how the boys in white missed them!:confused:

Don't know what game you were watching? It was just hard at it by both teams, no sniping or stray limbs as you put it, banule didn't even looking like scoring, even with the breeze in the second quarter, until the the 10 min mark when the umps went a bit skitzo and the free kicks started rolling in. Don't know how the players (On both sides) are supposed to play the game, when the umps change the way they are umpiring from quarter to quarter. GE kicked 7.4 to 0.1 in the first and that style of play was umpired out of the game for the last three quarters.

I think everyone is missing the point. These guys are here helping us out so we can get a game in the 2nds. Yes from time to time there maybe bias but in the end it generally works itself out. As in the 2nds the umpires are generally club umpires there will be some bias. Don't waste your energy on complaining on the umpires. I think too much energy and time is wasted by coaches and players talking about the umpires. Football in general spends too much on this topic, what is the point. Concentrate on what you and your team can do and let the umpires discuss themselves.

COMMON

Listen DH the third, you got your info from a Banyule player. The crowd behaved in that manner because the umpire incited them. Cop that on your chin

I think everyone is missing the point. These guys are here helping us out so we can get a game in the 2nds. Yes from time to time there maybe bias but in the end it generally works itself out. As in the 2nds the umpires are generally club umpires there will be some bias. Don't waste your energy on complaining on the umpires. I think too much energy and time is wasted by coaches and players talking about the umpires. Football in general spends too much on this topic, what is the point. Concentrate on what you and your team can do and let the umpires discuss themselves.

COMMON

The complaint was about VAFA umpires you dolt

Listen DH the third, you got your info from a Banyule player. The crowd behaved in that manner because the umpire incited them. Cop that on your chin

Phantom, obviously you have trouble understanding the English Language. Firstly, Crazybear said that banyule admited they got a good run and that GE players and supporters were very vocal (which you have admited they were due to poor umpires).

You then proceed to come back with - "this is because the umpire incited them"

This is exactly the point Crazybear has made - the more you complain and carry on the more the umpires go against you. You are not helping the cause by continuing to go on with this point. You were competitive and lost. Move on to next week and stop worrying about the past.

You struggle to argue the point as your last few remarks have been per sonal insults to others.

Concentrate on what you can control!!!

Why do the VAFA, let the standard of umpiring be what it is all year in the lower grades, Only to replace these umpires with higher grade umpires for the finals? Why not let the same guy's they trust all year have a shot a ruining the finals/ grand final. I've been reading thru this site for quite a while now, and only just bitten after many years of questionable umpiring, I read thru all the crap werribee sooked about last year (anyone read D1 nothings changed) and have never felt any need to comment. Any way i'm just about to take my table spoon of cement so I can HTFU and make it thru the last 3 weeks, i'll be back in a year or two when the key board warriors serve up something insightful enough to respond to. See ya.

Moving on to this week's round, and the final two rounds also: there are a number of interesting matches remaining which will have a bearing on the make-up of and positioning inside the final four. Had a quick squiz at the draws for the top 4 teams (and the 2 outside who can mathematically get in).
The current ladder and my predictions:
Peninsula 52 v G E, Bany, Parade...WWW 64
Banyule 44 v Ivan, Pen, Therry...WLW 52
Williamstown 42 v Par, Y V, Westb.....WWW 54
Therry 36 v Y V, Ivan, Bany.....WWL 44
Paradians 34 v Willy, Elth, Penin....LWL 38
Westbourne 32 v Elth, G E, Willy......WWL 40

Of course, I am not the world's greatest tipster. It is possible that the Rd 18 Banyule v Therry game could be HUGE, with Banyule playing for top 2 and Therry playing for their survival. The Willy v Westbourne match in that same round could conceivably see Willy playing for top 2 and Westbourne for a spot in the 4 (although the Warriors really need some % in the next two weeks).
Good luck to all teams this week-end.

Glen Eira v Banyule - I'm expecting Glen Eira to start well but some questionable umpiring decisions to swing it back into Banyules favour. Banyule by 16 points.

Akkadakka, how did you know? You really are the chosen one! All hail the chosen one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back